Missing Piece

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! I'm back!

with another update!

 

 

 

 

Missing Piece

 

You were the one I loved, one thing i tried to hold on to.

---------------------------------------

 

 

 

Yul doesn’t know how to react. It was quick but somehow made him a little bit of confuse.

 

Though it’s quick, he manages to hear other steps. As if the girl isn’t really alone. What could that be? The sound of thud and steps he heard.

 

He shook his head to refuse to believe what’s in his mind. The younger girl told him she’s heading to the music room. So there’s no need to be suspect, to be anxious or to be worried with the sounds he heard.

 

“No… Hyun will come later. I am sure on that.” he strongly believes. “Oh right, I should call her again.” he dialed the number of Seohyun but only the latter’s voice will answer his call…

 

Hello There. This is Joohyun. I’m busy at the moment. Please leave some message.

 

Yul arches her eyebrows. Why would she turn off her phone? They just talk earlier.

 

“No… “He shook, heading out the music room. For instance, still can’t find any reason to conclude what’s in his mind. He wants to confirm first and wants to wait for her for the meantime.

 

Coming to the said music room were some members of choral as well. Jinwoon and Nicole were having talks before they stop in front of him. “Sunbae? Why are you waiting outside?” Nicole asked in curiosity. This could be the first time they have seen their senior outside—waiting for Hyun.

 

“She’s not yet around?” asked Jinwoon.

 

“Y-yeah… I just had a call from her almost 15 minutes now. Have you seen her in the hallway?” Yul asked.

 

Jinwoon and Nicole look at each other puzzled as they shook their heads.

 

Yul sighed and just let them in. “I’ll wait for her outside, you guys do the routine already.” he said right after.

 

20minutes passed and the music room is almost filling the choir members. Yul can’t still spot the younger girl. His suspicious are getting more relevant.

 

Sigh.

 

“Where’s is she?” he mumbles, crossing his two arms near his chest. Though he isn’t in the right position to be too worried for the younger girl, he can’t help not to. Seohyun and he have been together once and he can’t let anyone lay single on his angel. Seohyun, the girl who captured his heart is a pure person. No one doubts on that. But often times, some people may get misunderstood on this.

 

5:30pm.

 

This is much torture now. He’s been waiting outside for almost 30 minutes already.

 

“Mr. Kwon? Why are you blocking the door?” suddenly, a cold voice coming from his father gives him more frustrations.

 

He constantly turned to his back slowly to face his father. “Dad, I’m not in the mood.” He bluntly said. Thankfully and Professor Kwon just shrug him off as the latter just walked passed on him.

 

“Where is she?” he mumbles once more, getting more impatient and worried.

 

“Who are you looking?” another guest had even interrupted him and he abruptly… “YAH! HOW—“screamed in front of the blonde.

 

Jessica was taken aback; she steps back two steps out of her surprised. “Uh, No… I’m sorry Jess… “ Yul quickly apologize after he had realized who’s behind him.

 

“Are you insane?” Jessica yelled.

 

“No, I was just… “

 

“Your dad?”

 

“NO. Uhmm… how would I say this… “ Yul contemplated  to mention about the younger girl.

 

“Hmm?”

 

Yul heaved a sigh and just decided to share what’s on his mind at the moment. “I was worried with Hyunnie… she… she hasn’t arrived yet. And… its almost 30 minutes now since I’ve heard her earlier.” He huskily said.

 

“Are you trying to say that… she’s missing?” Jessica wants to confirm.

 

“I don’t know… but I have a feeling.”

 

“Oh gosh.” Jessica exclaimed.

 

Yul once again glances on his wrist watch and it reads; 6:01pm. “Did you called for her again?” asked Jessica, a bit worried too.

 

“I did. But it’s already off.” With another heavy sigh. Yul tried to think on what to do. He ruffled his hair when he can’t think thoroughly. “Damn this. I what if something wrong might happen to her?” he exclaimed.

 

“Don’t think that first. She might be at home already.” Jessica tried the tan guy to calm down, by holding his arms in place.

 

“How can you say that? She just told me she’s on her way here.” Yul said as a matter of fact.

 

“Hmm… “Jessica thought for a moment, placing her finger to her chin. Yul can only groans in frustration. There’s no doubt, the girl is missing and might be in danger? He can clearly sense it.

 

As if there’s a light bulb pops-out in Jessica’s head, she quickly opens to share her ideas. “Why not call her sister? Before we could say that she’s missing?” she suggested.

 

Yul furrowed his eyebrows. “Are you sure?” Jessica is correct too, in Yul’s mind.

 

“Yes!—give me that.” Jessica quickly snaps away the tan guy’s phone in his grasp. She called fany first to get the midget’s number.

 

[Jess? Omo! This is—]

 

“Listen fany-ah… I need Taeyeon’s number. Can you send to me N.O.W.?” she emphasizes.

 

[Wait, why?]

 

“Just give it to me!”

 

[f-fine… ]

 

With that said they receive Taeyeon’s number in an instant and called the older sister of the young singer choral almost immediately, not forgetting to say thanks to the eye-smile girl.

 

There was a moment of ringing until the other line had answered their call.

 

[Yes? uhmm, who’s this?]

 

“Taeyeon-ssi… it’s-it’s… Jessica, remember? Fany’s friend?”

 

[Yeah… why?]

 

“Uhmm… just want… to asked if I can talk with Joohyun? Your sister? Uh, you know… we both part in a Model Search here. Just want to ask something.” Jessica said carefully.

 

[I see… but I’m sorry Jessica-ssi… my sister hasn’t arrived yet. I know by this time… she’s already in her choir practice as what I know from her schedule.]

 

Jessica stared to the tan guy bewildered. If the younger girl had told Yul earlier about her heading the music room that means she is indeed planning to do the practice. Taeyeon even know. That leads her to conclusion—Seohyun is indeed missing. Coz if she had gone to another place or whatsoever, the younger would probably called Yul earlier for an excuse, knowing her personality.

Jessica answered back the call again after she had confirmed. “Oh, thanks for the information Taeyeon-ssi. I’ll pay a visit her in her practice instead… Bye.” Ending the call, Jessica nods in towards the tan guy. “She’s indeed missing.”

 

“I knew it.” Yul grabs back his phone and was about to walk pass when Jessica stops him.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“I’ll find her.”

 

“But where?”

 

“I don’t know, maybe here. In this University.” Yul abruptly let go of Jessica’s hand in his arm to resume his walk.

 

“Yah! Wait! I’ll help.” Jessica followed suit.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They search and search in the library, football field, nursing hallway and even in University’s studio rehearsal for the Model search but they get nothing. They asked some student but only one answer they can get… ‘I don’t see her around’.

 

They tried to ask some staff from the faculty but it’s still the same.

 

“Jess… tells me that she’s okay?” Yul exclaimed, starting to feel hopeless to find Seohyun.

 

“Don’t worry too much. Yul, she’s a brave girl. We both know that.” Jessica can only comfort the tan guy with a rub in his arm. She herself is worried but not the same that her friend is showing.

 

“No Jess… she’s indeed brave but she sometimes she so… weak.” Yul added. Thinking of any alternative way to find the young singer of choral, Yul had pulled out his phone and speed dialed.

 

“YOONG!”

 

Surprised, Jessica almost jumps in her feet when the tan guy had yell in her phone. Yul had contacted his best friend without even her consults.

 

[Yah what’s—]

 

“For god’s sake Yoong, can you leave that for moment again?” Yul didn’t hesitate and shows his boiling anger in front of Jessica. He clenches to the phone in his ear to wait for the doe-eyed guy’s answer.

 

[Hyung, I’m in a middle of presentation. Will you hang on there? I think you should—]

 

“DAMN YOU!” Yul outburst, causing Jessica to steps backs a few steps. “YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS MISSING!”

 

[What?]

 

There was a moment of silence in another line, until the doe-eyed guy answered it back again. [What are you saying?]

 

“Hyunnie—she’s missing Yoong.” Yul can only shed a single tear after he had shared his feelings. It’s unbearable for him that his best friend didn’t even hesitate to leave her girlfriend and prefers going out—let alone, in their first day as a couple.

 

[Don’t kid around Hyung, I just talked to her earlier]

 

Yul clenches even tighter and gritted his teeth. “I’m not telling you this if I’m just telling you lie, Yoong.” He said under his gritted teeth.

 

Jessica saw this and can only stay in silent.

 

--

 

[Hyung, Please… don’t kid around] The doe-eyed guy’s voice is already breathless, and sounds of fast steps from the back ground can be heard.

 

“If I were you, start searching her now. Coz I will find her until dawn.” Yul said firmly, ending the call. He took a deep breath and glances on his wristwatch again; 8:45pm.

 

There’s no more words utter as he look at Jessica with pleading eyes. As if telling her that he’s sorry, Jessica just smiles and nods.

 

“I’ll be back soon.” Yul said, giving Jessica a kiss in her forehead. He smiles warmly before he started to jog away from the blonde.

 

Jessica clutch into her chest, watching the tan guy disappeared in her sight.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter