Moment of Truth

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pardon for my grammar errors and typos

 

 

 

Moment of Truth

 

 

 

I used to smile to hide all my pain

----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“F-Fany… what-what’s this?”

 

Taeyeon abruptly stop her girlfriend upon advancing. She knows her girl friend was quite not fond with her sister once she heard Jessica cried because of her sister, but she didn’t expect that the latter would do such an act. Tiffany had nearly grabs her sister by its arms.

 

“Tae-tae… she’s your sister?” Tiffany asked wants to confirm. Even for the fact that Jessica had already move on, she can’t let it pass, thinking that the girl is dating Yul this time.

 

Taeyeon nods.

 

“Uh… Tif—“

 

Seohyun was about to say something when her sister stops her, letting her to step aside.

 

 “Tae-tae… you don’t know how much—“

 

“I KNOW!”

 

“Omo! Unnie… ” Seohyun started to worry her own sister, watching this Tiffany girl boiling in anger.

 

“What? You-you know?” Tiffany scoffs. She feels being fooled all of a sudden. “So… you know that your sister doings and you are not… “

 

“Tiffany she’s my sister.” Taeyeon said firmly, controlling herself. “You can’t blame me on hiding this to you. It’s just too ridiculous how you’ve been bragging her.” she paused and continues… “Knowing that she’s too innocent.” She said firmly, hoping the latter will understand.

 

“I can’t believe you.” Tiffany gritted. She looks behind her girlfriend to have a glance to the younger girl as she clenches. She thought that the girl behind is the reason why Jessica cried all night that time. She hated her brother for choosing this girl instead of her friend.

-

 

Seohyun steps back twice, preventing to be caught. She trembled in fear looking to those eyes. She want to speak but she knows it’ll just create more chaos so she end up shutting and just witness her sister defends her with this ‘Tiffany Hwang’.

 

Going back her stares to her girlfriend, “YAH!” Tiffany screamed.

 

“What’s going on there?”

 

Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun immediately turned their attention to the source of the voice.

 

“P-Professor Kwon.” Seohyun mutters, watching their Professor slowly approaching them, but…

 

“Uh, Professor Kwon. Let me handle this.” Yoong didn’t think twice as he jumps off from the stage and jogs towards her half sister. He pulled the latter to its arm and drags her out the music room. Taeyeon followed suit, worrying her girlfriend. Seohyun who’s too innocent was about to follow when Yul stops her.

 

“Sunbae… what’s happening?” Seohyun asked worriedly. Tiffany’s expressions were too unbearable for her. it’s as if, the girl didn’t like her.

 

“Just stay here. Yoong probably knows… and your sister.” Yul said, comforting the young singer by gently squeezing her right hand.

 

All students were also surprised to hear the loud voice earlier, making them stop on voting. They all stood froze on their spot. Jessica on the other hand was completely aware and just stayed silent.

 

Seeing this as a cue, Professor Kwon went upstage to catch all the attention of Choral.

 

“Guys, let’s resume the voting process. Since we have already started this, let’s end this peacefully.” Professor Kwon announces, earning the entire student’s approval as they resumed voting.

 

Each student should vote 10 points for the highest and 1 for the lowest, for each contestant.

 

--

 

Seohyun went back to her seat with Nicole and Jessica on her side as Yul went back to the stage, with Jinwoon.

 

The atmosphere is still so heavy. No one wanted to say something. Seohyun can only stayed silent, thinking of possible scenario might happen. Having been aware with the doe-eyed guy’s hatred towards his father, she can’t help but to worry over him.

 

“So… uhmm… Taeyeon is actually your sister?”

 

Surprised, Seohyun tilted her head on her side, meeting the blonde hair girl’s curious eyes. “ Oh… yeah… she is my sister. You-you… know her?”

 

Jessica chuckles awkwardly as she rubs the back of her head and answer. “Y-Yeah… quite. Tiffany is my friend… and she introduces me to her. What a coincident. We’re just going in circle.” She commented.

 

“It is… “ the young singer can only slightly smile, Still uncomfortable around Jessica.

 

Jessica somehow feels this little gap between them and decided to pat the young singer’s lap. “You know, I can be your friend.” She said and continues… “Can I ask? If it’s okay… Is you and… Yul dating?”

 

Caught off guard, Seohyun looked up surprised. “Not... literally unnie.” She lied a little, not comfortable with being asked with her relationship with the tan guy.

 

“Oh… I knew it. But Yoong… seem like you too.” Jessica mentioned seriously. She saw the performance of her friend and she can tell how the younger girl is actually looking to the eyes of her friend intently.

 

Seohyun look away, feels like in a hot seat. She fiddled and can’t find any words to respond with the question. She started to tremble and bit her lips.

What am I going to do? She mumbles silently, doesn’t know how to respond.

 

Jessica sighed, watching the young singer in silent. “…and Do you like Yoong, too? I’m sorry but… I’m just really bothered over the fact that you are dating Yul.”

 

Seohyun took a deep breath and looked up to the blonde haired. “Unnie… Yul and Yoong were—“

 

“Listen Up!”

 

Seohyun groans and looked up to the stage. She wanted to explain the blonde haired girl’s question but it seems, not yet the right time. She could still feel the stares from Jessica, making her so uncomfortable and uneasy with her around. Her situation at the moment is making her hard to handle.

She and the tan guy had promised not to spill a single detail about their agreement until it ends. She should stick on that.

 

 Jessica arches eyebrows and just ignores it. She’s quite confused but she’s not in the right position to interfere the younger girl’s life. Besides, they are not yet that close. But, she can’t help but to suspect with the young singer’s actions. If she’s not that observant, she’ll not notice that the younger girl likes more her friend ‘Yoong’ than the tan guy.

 

-

-

 

“We have our winners. And since this is quite tough, I decided to give a prize to the winner.” Professor Kwon announces, along with a bright smile.

 

All students cheers for their favorite. A lot were rooting for Jinwoon but there are some for Yul and Yoong too.

 

“And the prize? It’s a movie ticket. Have you seen The Avengers? Well, I have two tickets here.” Professor Kwon shows the tickets, earning the groans of the students to have it.

 

A student went upstage and handed the small envelope to their professor.

 

“Who’s going to win?”

 

“Yul-ssi!!!”

 

“Jinwoon-ssi!!!”

 

“Yoong-ssi!!!”

 

All students cheered for their favorites, but only one singer could get the movie tickets. Bracing his self, Professor Kwon slowly opens the envelope and read it’s content. But what he reads seems unexpected.

 

“Professor Kwon?” one student called, noticing the old man’s expressions.

 

“Uh… Yeah I’m sorry… “ he smile and flips the card in front of the audience.

 

 

Gasp.

 

 

All of them froze and slowly, their eyes move to the winner--who’s in his seat, not paying attention to the front.

 

 

“Kwon Yul.” Professor Kwon mutters, turning his body to face his son.

 

The tan guy is not completely listening. His mind is not in the competition but to his best friend. He keeps on sighing here and there while looking down in his seat, worrying over his best friend’s reaction to her sister.

 

“Mr. Kwon.” Professor Kwon approaches his son and whispered to his son’s ear, earning the latter’s suprirsed.

 

“Uh… Professor Kwon. What-what… are you doing?” he asked, backing away, completely oblivious that he won.

 

But the old man wasn’t pleased as he pulled up his son and makes him stand in front of the audience.

 

“Guys, tell him why you are silent.” Professor Kwon said nonchalantly, letting go his hand with a forced.

 

“Yul-ssi… you won the competition.” One of the students in front mentioned.

 

Yul furrowed his eyebrows, pointing his own self. “M-me? I-I… won?” he innocently asked.

 

The students smile in response as they all nods. Seconds pass, they started to give the winner a round of applause. Professor Kwon handed the two tickets to his son, still can’t believe, he just simply pat his son’s back and left the stage.

 

“Seriously?” Yul asked once more.

 

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoong abruptly let go of Tiffan’y right arm to the side, making the latter to stumble. He’s mind is not functioning again as he step forward and grabs her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter