Innocent or Seductive?

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“How are you doing?”

 

It was Yoong’s first question the moment he walked inside the ward from his latest patient. Lee Minho wearing a weak smile assured he was better unlike from his fresh surgery.

 

“That’s good.” Said Yoong while his eyes were in the paper report that his nurse handed him. “Base from this, two month is needed for you to recover.” He added as his eyes diverted to Minho’s leg. “That means, for the next few weeks, we’ll perform for your leg. That includes walking therapy.”

 

“I see. Thanks Doctor.” Minho answered with gratitude.

 

“No problem. It’s always my job.” Yoong smiled then turned his attention to the nurse who handed a basket of fruits to him. “This is for you.” he put the basket in the table nearby his patient’s. Minho’s smile was warm.

 

“Thanks again Doctor Im.”

 

Yoong returned his attention back to his patient. “Just make sure you’ll perform the therapy perfectly, before you could thank me entirely.” He said and then handed back the report paper to the nurse.

 

Minho chuckles. “Okay.”

 

“I’ll take my leave now.” Yoong patted Minho’s hand with a bright smile before he took his leave with his nurse.

 

He walked in the hallway in the hospital massaging his temples while the nurse is looking at him worried.

 

“Doctor, you’ve been working so hard.” Yoong tilted his head towards the nurse and smiled a little.

 

“Y-yeah, I needed to.” He answered, still walking his way to another ward.

 

“Oh, by the way. Your fiancé called again, asking if you can have a time later lunch.”

 

Yoong stopped and arch his eyebrows towards his nurse. “I told you to tell her I was busy. Didn’t I?”

 

“I did told her Doctor Im, but she’s not—“

 

“Never mind, I’ll call her instead.” Yoong then resumed his walk and finally stopped at an elevator, pressing the 10th floor before he opened his phone to call for his fiancé.

 

Ding.

 

The elevator opens, which he didn’t miss and enter right away. He was about to press again the button when his nurse beat him, he said his thanks while waiting for the phone call to be answered.

 

“What took her so long?” he mumbles, oblivious to whatever was in his fiancé’s mind. His eyes were fix to the elevator numbers while he keep his patience waiting.

 

“Something wrong Doctor Im?”

 

“Nothing nurse Jean.” He answered.

 

“Okay.” The nurse simply nodded as an understanding, while he waits for the elevator to open again. Yoong sighed as he waited and waited patiently. Glancing at his wrist watch then eyes again to the numbers. He keeps that process for a while, until the elevator door opens. He decided to end the call anyway and walked out the elevator to proceed to another ward.

 

Room 100

 

Yoong walked inside the room with still his nurse. This time, it was a patient having dengue. He approaches her and takes a look at her dextrose then to her right hand before his eyes was on a sleepy patient.

 

“It’s already been an hour since she drifted to her sleep.” Said the relative of the patient who was in her 15 of age.

 

Yoong turned his head to the older girl, nodded. “Did Doctor Park already check on her blood?”

 

“Yes doctor. And so far, there’s no need for transfusion. Thanks to the medicines that your nurses are giving.”

 

Yoong smiled in proud. “You’re welcome Mrs. Jang.”

 

“Omma~” Yoong’s eyes diverted to his patients who opened her yawns staring to her mother instantly. He smiled to his patient and took her hand over his.

 

“How are you feeling?” He softly asked his patient while giving her a gently touch. The girl smiled a little.

 

“Not okay, Doctor.”

 

“I understand. Don’t worry, we’ll try our best. Just always keep the faith. Hmm?” Yoong sincerely said, then let go of the hand.

 

“I’ll be back in a while Mrs. Park. The dextrose, Nurse, be sure to replace it before I came back.”

 

“Yes Doctor.”

 

“Good.” Yoong said then turned his attention back to his patient. “We’ll perform another blood test later. Prepare yourself.”

 

The girl nodded weakly while still putting a smile. Yoong who witness it made a smile towards the parent of the girl and then leave peacefully.

 

Once again, Yoong opened his phone to call for his fiancé. But only to hear a voice message rather. “I forgot, she’s busy. Oh well, why I need to call.”

 

He put back his phone into his pocket right when the elevator opens for them again.

 

--

 

2:30pm.

 

Yul put his bag inside his locker the same time he had witness his wrist watch. He had a little smile when he noticed it too because he knows it’s time to be off from his shift.

 

“But I need to go to the bank first.” Yul mutters, realizing that he needed to dropped in the bank he had been visiting too.

 

Without anymore wasting time, he left the hospital peacefully and drives off at exactly 3:00pm.

 

“Yoong, what’s up bro!” while driving his way to the bank, he was surprised to hear his phone rings.

 

[Nothing, just want to talk to someone while I’m on my lunch break. So how was Noona’s pregnancy?]

 

“She’s Okay. Though always moody, I’m giving all my best to give what she needed. Patience is a must honestly to have a pregnant girlfriend.” Yul mentioned, happy to have shared his experience.

 

[That’s too good to hear Hyung. I can’t wait for the baby to come]

 

Yul giggles hearing Yoong’s giggle too. Yes, he is excited, but he hasn’t remembered that Yoong is also excited for his child. “Ditto. And for the first time Yoong, I had a good sleep besides my girlfriend. It’s really defferent feeling now.”

 

[Wow. I think I can describe your expression right there Hyung. You are so happy, aren’t you?]

 

Yul turned the car in another intersection, “I’m head over heels with happiness here Yoong.”

 

[But, haven’t you thought of really marrying her? You should—]

 

“I have my reasons Yoong. I don’t want to marry her because of our baby yet. I want to marry Jessica because it was the right time already. As for now, I don’t think it yet. I am focus on how to handle being a father.”

 

[Okay, as you say so Mister Kwon. Really so proud of you best friend.]

 

“Thanks kiddo—oh wait, need to hung up now. Bye~” Yul ended the call right away upon seeing the bank just too near already. He pulled over the car in front of the building then entered it without wasting time.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Yul sat down in an office, a bit nervous and a little anxious. Not because he had some debt, but because he wanted his proposal to be granted.

 

“Mister Kwon.” Yul rose up and bows to an older man wearing in a suit. He sat back and eyed the old man so hopeful. His hands over his laps are excited to accept the paper that the old business man was reading.

 

“So?” He arches his eyebrows, waiting so patiently for him to handle it to him. The owner of the bank smiled at him before he got the paper.

 

Excited, he read the paper with a bright smile that appeared across his face. “Omo! Thank You so much for this.”

 

“Your reason was valid, so… Congratulations! The house is all yours after 2 years.” The owner said, handing him a key. Yul accepted the thing right away, so happy that he got the house right instantly. It seems like, his child is pretty lucky for him.

 

“Thank You so much Sir. You don’t have any idea how happy I am right now.” Yul rose up and bows a lot of times before he was stop from the owner of the bank.

 

“Just make sure you’ll ask me as one of your godfather.” The old man chuckles. Yul chuckles as well and nodded as a confirmation.

 

--

 

Jessica was having her tangerine in her couch so comfortably when suddenly her phone rang. Lazy to get up, she crawled over to reach for her phone in the table. Luckily, she was this flexible and had it successfully.

 

“Cutie? Why is she calling at this hour?” Jessica arches her eyebrows, curious as to why her boyfriend is calling her in the time being she exactly knows he’s still that busy. Or, did she just miss something from her boyfriend’s schedule?

 

“Oh, never mind.” She shrugs and just answers the call. “Cutie~ I’m out of tangerine here!!!”

 

[I’ll give you more on that if you first listen to me.]

 

“Hmm?” Jessica was interested. She gets up and sat her in the couch so comfortably while her ears are excited to hear her boyfriend’s next word.

 

[Guess where I am?]

 

“Eh? Of course, hospital.”

 

[Nope. Listen; someday… you will see how much I’ve valued our love through this.]

 

Confused, Jessica can’t help and groans. “Just can’t you spill it cutie?”

 

[Hehe, I’m sorry~ Okay. I’m going to the market later. What do you want except for that?]

 

Jessica pouted so sad upon having heard of change of topic. “I change my mind. Don’t buy me tangerine anymore.”

 

[Aish! I hate you sometimes like that. Okay fine, I’ll tell you in your apartment later… is that okay?]

 

The blonde quickly rejoice, having a bright smile right instantly. “Okay, Buy me more tangerine and… please buy me some more pillows too cutie. I want to sleep all day.”

 

[Ugh! fine.]

 

Jessica giggles. “Thank You cutie~ bye~ love you~”

 

[Yeah yeah, bye~ love you too.]

 

Jessica ended the call still giggling. She was biting her lip, excited to know her boyfriend’s gift for her, might be~

She thinks it will be a gift for her, keeping her so excited and anticipating knowing it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Seoul Hospital

 

At 2nd half of the day, Yoong still shared his hard work not only to his patient but also to his mentors and some staffs of the said Hospital. He had another round of surgery of someone who had a motorcycle accident and also had visited a lot of patients, confining new patients as well as meeting his people. It all happened for another 4 hours as a residency in Seoul Hospital which he totally beams.

Dropping his body back to his leather chair, he couldn’t help and felt a little headache. He reaches for his drawer and brought out a medicine for his headache. Unknown to him, it’ll only lead him to think for someone so beautiful. And that beautiful angel is his life that he thought of even marrying her. He leaned his back against the chair, thinking once again from the last scene he had last night.

 

Once again, the thought of Jinwoon as a mystery guy to him engulfed him. Honestly, he was neither mad nor untrusting his fiancé from her faith. He just seem couldn’t find any time yet to talk to his fiancé. Supposedly, he wants to listen to her fiancé’s words last night, but the event was too fast and he was mindlessly creating such actions. He just came back from work and that scene surprised him, how can you blame him? It’s no sense honestly but he got nothing to do and avoid her for instance that he was this busy. He also wanted to talk Jinwoon though, to clear the things out.

 

And now that he’s free, he took the opportunity and opens for his phone to call her, maybe to talk about something with his avoidance.

When the phone was being connected, he was surprised to have heard the voice message.

 

“I’m busy baby~ I have to do a presentation for my hospitals board meeting. Talk to you tomorrow.”

 

“Aigoo, this is surely Jinwoon’s fault why we are like this.” he muttered, throwing his phone in his desk. “This is bad.” With that said he took his things and quickly left his hospital. Fortunately, he got a message from his son and he didn’t think twice to fetch Taemin instead of going to his fiancés house.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Gangnam Seoul Hospital

 

All eyes were on her. Patients, visitors, nurses and even doctors that she would come across were all having jaw dropped. It was only an ordinary though, why are they staring at her?

 

“Doctor Seo.” She stopped at one’s call from a nurse then she turned, arching her eyebrows.

 

“Umm… what’s-what’s the occasion?” The nurse ask nervously at the sight of the doctor who is in dress for such a revealing dress. Her hair was no longer wavy, it was straight and she had a bangs now. To add it up, she was wearing a red lips and her dress was above the knee, matching it with a white suit. He gulped when his eyes landed at her clevage. 

 

“Nothing, why?” Seohyun take off her shades and made a wink to the nurse.

 

“Umm… “the said guy nurse gulped nervously before he proceeds. “Your… your… “

 

“Oh, my dress? Or my look?” Seohyun doesn’t care and patted the nurse’ shoulders. “Be sure to sleep comfortably tonight.” And then she winks again before she took her leave.

 

Upon arriving outside, Seohyun quickly catches an attention of a cab then drive off. She told the driver to go directly to the gym.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoong was in the side, seemingly having some urge to ask his son again. He will only ask it once though, why need to be worried. He knows it’s not important anymore because he trusted her so well, but his curiosity is really something that he couldn’t kill.

 

“So Taemin-ah, what happened last night?” so he decided to get loose and asked the younger. Taemin looked up with a blank face.

 

“As in the entire event?”

 

“You can just summarize it.” Yoong said, doesn’t want to pressure his son.

 

Taemin’s eyes diverted to the road outside then to their driver that was from Mrs. Im. “Papa, can I have a dinner at McDonalds first?” He asked, looking up into Yoong’s eyes again. The doe-eyed guy smiled, nodding.

 

-----------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter