Surprise Guest

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hands over each other's, heads are side by side, while eyes are up in the sky. Ever since the lantern festival had finished, The couple are lying side by side in the park, waiting for millions of lantern up above to disappear. Something is preventing them from going back home though.

Yoong especially has worries all over his mind. He doesn't know why but he keeps on thinking again with Taemin's condition. The doctor's advice are something difficult to do. Revealing the truth to Taemin seems so hard for him to do. Especially that the kid is in the state where he needs more of his time. 

It's even difficult to think that it was his fault that Taemin was like that.

 

He could simply sigh, while he couldn't think of any time to do it. 

 

"Baby~"

 

"Hmm... "

 

"The people are getting fewer." Yoong noticed the people are leser in the corner of his eyes. Seohyun pulled back, resting her head instead in his chest. He smiled, setting aside the thought of Taemin first while he's with her.

 

"Hold on, let's stay here for a while~"

 

Yoong gently put his hand over Seohyun's hair, it softly. "You like it here?"

 

"More than you like it too." whispers the younger, reaching for Yoong's right hand, intertwinning them as she smile.

 

Yoong plays with her ring. "This ring, they're so precious don't you know that?"

 

"Hmm... I know~" Seohyun listens carefully to his heartbeats while she can feel him running his both hands over her hair and her hand. She fluttered, knowing the love that bind them together.

 

"Aigoo... I love this night so much~"

 

"Me too."

 

"Let's do this more often."

 

The couple smiled unknowingly for each other. Yoong who was above places a gentle kiss in the crown of the girl's head in his arms and Seohyun keeps on listening at his heartbeats.

 

They stayed silent, just feeling each other's breathing while the sky is yet to be subside. 

 

----------------------------------------

 

Im Mansion

 

 

Click.

 

Mrs. Im immediately opens the door upon hearing the door unlocks. "Taemin-ah!" she hurriedly runs to the bed of the kid, just to find him crying while hugging his two knees.

 

"Go get him a water!" she commanded to her maid right away while she slowly sat across the younger. "Honey, what's wrong?"

 

Taemin was crying silently as he slowly looked up the source of the voice. Mrs. Im frowned to see his nose bleeding. "Oh my God. What... what happened?" instinctively, Mrs. Im moves closer and check on his nose by lifting his head up.

 

"Where's Papa?" sobs Taemin harder while sneezing.

 

"Lie down first!" Mrs. Im hisses. She got up and immediately called for a medicine kit towards her maid. She went back and saw that Taemin is still producing slow but soft cries.

 

"Papa... I want to see my Papa." 

 

Mrs. Im sat beside the younger, coaxing his arm. "Shshshs.... don't worry, Papa is going back."

 

"Ma'am, here's the medicine and the  water." the maid went back with her requested stuffs. She didn't wasted time and applied a cotton ball in Taemin's nose, wiping the blood in there.

 

Taemin continue to sinffles, couldn't contain the sadness he can't get out. He misses his mother so much. The dream that keeps on replaying everytime he sleeps is killing him. 

Mrs. Im simply finishes Taemin with a pity, watching the younger. She hold his small hand into hers, wiping his tears using her left.

 

"Papa... Grandma... he's bad... he-"

 

"Shshsh... It'll be alright. Don't think it much. Your dream isn't true." Mrs. Im coaxed, rubbing the latter's chest. Taemin tried to calm down, helping his grandma to wiped all his tears. 

 

"Is Papa even going with me... to-to... morrow?" He asked in a whisper.

 

"Tomorrow? What is it tomorrow?"

 

"My field Trip, Granny." Taemin pouted in sadness.

 

Mrs. Im doesn't know a thing, looking up to see her maid by the side, the same puzzle. "Umm, he will Taemin. I know he well." she assured, staring back to Taemin who has his eyes still in the ceiling.

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Papa promise, right?"

 

Taemin nods slowly. "He did."

 

"Then he will. Don't think he won't."

 

"But I'm afraid he won't Granny~" Taemin sneezes, finally had his self back.

 

"Wait, drink some water first, Taemin." Mrs. Im offers which the younger had to comply. He get up, accepting the glass of water. 

 

"He won't break his promise, I tell you." Mrs. Im surely knows the kid's situation, constantly rubbing the latter's leg to comfort him for a little. Taemin gives back the glass of water, putting a small smile across his face.

 

"Come on, let's sleep again." She smiled back, caressing his cheeks. 

 

"Granny, sleep with me." Taemin complied as he slowly slide his body down.

 

Mrs. Im smiled so faintly, reminded by her son way back then. She lay besides him and pulled their blanket up their body. "Let's sleep?"

 

Taemin simply nods, closing his eyes as he put his head in Mrs. Im's arms. The older once again had her smile, pulling the kid for a heart warming embrace. She couldn't help and miss his own son.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Securing their selves in a seat inside the bus, Yoong adjusted his body much closer to Seohyun's. He cautiously pulled the younger's head into his broad shoulders, afraid to wake her up.

 

He places his jacket over her lap as he also untied her hair in her left shoulder. He gently give her a rub in her arms, while he keeps on humming a song that would give the latter s comfortable sleep. Eyes are outside to the city lights faintly giving his eyes an enjoyment to the road.

 

He finally stop humming a song after securing that the girl in his arms is already in a deep slumber. He closed his eyes for a while, listening to her smooth breathing. His right arm also slowly fell down to the younger's waist, holding her there secrurely. 

 

His heart, he couldn't deny the happiness inside. It's beating for her he never had ask. Like how did he start feeling it? He remembers, it's the same place. The ever moment in the bus. He remembers it too well. The touch of her hand over his, it's electrifying and really gives butterflies inside.

Didn't he warn himself for not falling for her. It's just happened unconciously and he's already living it with happiness. Besides his family, the exceptional feeling he got from her is very likely so unconditional.

 

Placing a gentle kiss above her head, he whispers... "I... " But before he could continue his sentence, a ringing sound was heard inside Seohyun's bag.

 

"Ugh... Yoong~"He felt the younger made a little groan.

 

"Shshsh... just sleep. I get it."So before she will be awaken, Yoong rubs her arm once again to prevent her from opening her eyes. When he felt Seohyun did comply, he stretches his left hand, reaches for the bag in difficulties until he got it out.

 

"Y-yoong... who's calling... "

 

"Aigoo, don't mind this, go back to sleep." Yoong continue to coax his fiance using his right hand as he press the call for an answer via his left hand. Seohyun had her closing eyes still, following her fiance's order. Her right hand holds Yoong's right so that the latter will stop from coaxing her though.

 

"Mom~" Yoong answered the phone in a whisper, holding back his fiancee over his left.

 

[Oh, thank God it's you who answered her phone. But she's with you, right?]

 

"Yes." 

 

[I see, anyway, where are you and her?]

 

"We are heading back. Why?"

 

[Taemin, he's looking for you. Are you stopping by?]

 

"Oh no, Mom. I don't think I can. I'm with Hyun right now. And we are planning to go straight ahead her house." Yoong stated, a little feeling bad for declining it.

 

[That's not a problem, you can go directly here after you drop her.]

 

He sighed, stared down at the girl in her shoulder. "No, there is. I'm going to sleep over in her house."

 

[Tch, fine. I know you can't leave her too. So what am I going to do with him?]

 

"Okay, I'll make sure to stop by early this morning. How was that?" He suggested, thinking of having a morning breakfast with Taemin.

 

[I don't think it's only just a stop by, Yoong tomorrow is his field trip. I think you forgot?]

 

"Oh my god... yeah~ Thanks for reminding me,mom." Yoong did a smack mentally to his head for forgetting it. 

 

[So are you going?]

 

"Of course. I promised it." 

 

[Be sure, because I don't really know how to fix him if you won't. He's so lonely without you every time so, son.]

 

"And what am I going to do? Just neglect my fiancee? You know I wouldn't do that." Yoong softly answered, though a little piss off from his mother's reminders for him.

 

[I understand. But don't forget to think about him too. He needs you still. What's the use of adoption if you can't take care of him?]

 

"Tch, I know. I know what am I doing." Yoong once again sigh, feeling her head is going to explode from the stress that suddenly came once again. 

 

[I'm sorry. Anyway, that's all. Send my regards to Hyun. Bye~]

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter