The Gift [Final Phase 1.8]

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

thanks for voting up the fic, nate_seokyuforever ^_^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What's her name?"

 

"Hana. Jane Hana Kim. Currently in a vacation with her family . The young boy is basically a family friend." Seohyun informed. Sitting across her husband with files that she got from the hospital. After knowing that the girl has leukemia, they help the girl from going to a nearby hospital. Base from the report, it seems that the girl has lesser chance to survive.

They are back in the young girl's house, sitting across with each other in the kitchen.

 

"Hon, she's so young at age 10 for being so sick."

 

Yoong heaved a sigh. The same with his wife, he was quite sad to know that the young girl's disease is at stage 4.  "Her chemo seems not responding to her." He said to inform his wife.

 

Taking a gulp of her water, Seohyun places back the glass of water on the side. She reaches for the files once again and reads the report.

 

"I was thinking... if we can help her survive?" Yoong offers. Though, he is not the personal doctor. He cared for the young girl out of a sudden.

 

Seohyun shot a blank stare towards him. "You mean... we'll continue her therapy? Hon, they're in this place, it's because her family is already giving up. And they wanted to make it memorable for her before its last... How can we convince them back?" She whispers, avoiding to be heard. 

 

"Well, we can if we can ask them."

 

"But about the girl?" Seohyun's care for the girl's safety indulge her. She can see it thoroughly. The young girl's condition is in 50/50 state. 

 

Yoong thought for a moment. He reaches for the same glass of water on the table, and drank the water. Before he put it aside, his eyes caught the young boy in the corner. He only passes at them, climbing up stairs.

 

"Aigoo. No wonder he's giving her smiles all over her face a while ago." said Seohyun, after she caught the kid too. 

 

"As I think about it, we shall convince them." Yoong is still determined.

 

Though, wanted to convince the family as well, Seohyun is thinking always for the safety. "Hon, Let's put it this way, if they ever like to give her chemotherapy again, do you think it will still help her? Now that I've seen her medical reports, the chance is so less. I'm afraid we'll just ruin it. Why can't we help her in these rough times of her life? Like what her family is giving her."

 

Yoong can't help and let out a disappointed smile to his wife. He took her hand over his, staring so deep towards her. "Chances are rare, but we never know what will happen. If it's..."

 

"Yoong, I don't want to see the girl suffers more at this state. She deserves this break." Seohyun believes, the girl's condition isn't curable anymore. All she thinks now is to see her happy in the coming days.

 

"I understand your point; however, being a surgeon, I would like to help her survive. Like what you said, she's still so young. She doesn't deserve to leave."

 

"I get your point as well. However, if you look at it. No one can deny the fact that she's only waiting for her time. I also want her to survive, but... like her family, I will think this as her happiest moment before it last. I do believe that because of this, her family gathered together for her. It's sad to say, but life, is life... we never know how will it end us."

 

Yoong releases her hold. He hissed and ruffle his hair, after being defeat. Yet, he so wanted to see one miracle in this life. It frustrates him that there’s no chance anymore. "So what is your plan?" he ask,

 

"Shall we just support them? Her family I mean" Seohyun's lips crept into a small smile. "Being a doctor, giving them hope again is surely a thing for them, but... we need to be true."

 

Yoong's lips curled into a smile as well, "What about our honeymoon?" he realize that they were still at the middle of their honeymoon. "I'd like to. But, we can't neglect our honeymoon, right?" The thought of the girl's condition may give him some frustrations, but the fact that he's still with his wife, he thought about spending much time with her, before the honeymoon also will last.

 

Seohyun of course doesn't forget. "You thought so? But before that, let's visit her upstairs." She got up, and was followed by Yoong slowly. They held hands as they went upstairs.

 

 

------------------------------

 

 

"Unnie~ Oppa~ Thanks for helping me." said Hana, along with her pale face. She didn't smile, nor get up from her lying position. She was lying there, can only look at the couple.

 

Seohyun held the little girl's hand, giving it a warm hold. She was about to say something, when she can't. The girl's condition aches her out of a sudden. She moves closer and simply move down to kiss the girl's forehead. "Don't worry, your family will always by your side." she whispers, assuring her.

 

"I know." The girl weakly utter, along with a little sneeze.

 

"And be sure to take your medicines, Hana~" said Yoong, behind them. He is standing, smiling to the girl warmly.

 

Seohyun pushed herself slowly. She’s smiling, caressing the younger's cheeks. "You're so beautiful, angel."

 

"Yes? Um, Thank-thank you Unnie." The little girl shyly said. She smiles genuinely, holding the older's hand back. Though they're strangers, she feels kind of trusting them. Hence, she knows the couple are doctors.

 

"Sadly We need to go now." Seohyun pats the girl's hand, before she got up.

 

"Unnie, Oppa. Thanks for the medicines you provided as well. It means a lot for me." Hana adds, as soon as the older left her bed. 

 

Looking at each other, the couple then smiles to the younger girl. "No problem. Just make sure you'll take them, on time, Okay?" Seohyun reminded.

 

"Yeah, and don't go out without the company of your family or friends... Especially your boyfriend." Yoong grinned.

 

The little girl shyly smiles. "He's... he's not actually a boyfriend." she bit her lip, suddenly become sad of the thought of him.

 

"Eh?" Both Yoong and Seohyun were speechless.

 

"He said... he wants me to be his girlfriend, but I can't let him." Hana sadly shared. She holds onto her blanket, looking down at it. "I'll just hurt him unnie, Oppa." she started to cry silently in her bed, leaving the couple speechless at her sudden outburst. “I’ll just leave him.”

 

Yoong holds his wife's hand, noticing her urge to comfort her. The latter look at him wearily.

 

"It's Okay. She'll be okay." Yoong whispers. He knows it will also break her heart.

 

Seohyun nodded in agreement. She looks at the little girl again, feeling so sorry, "Um, Hana. Don't cry. I know he'll understand. He's a good Oppa to you, isn't he? He won't hurt you at the same time." She felt the sadness of the little girl. 

 

Hana slowly nodded as a response. She tried to see them in their eyes, but her tears are not allowing her. She pulled her blanket up and cries underneath.

 

Seohyun couldn't hold it longer. She was about to sit back in the bed, when the door opens. Mrs. Kim revealed herself, carrying another pillow. 

 

"Mrs. Kim." The couple said simultaneously, as they make a way for the mother. The latter sat at the edge of the crying girl. 

 

"Um, we need to go Hon." Whispers Yoong, noticing his wife's attempt again. Seohyun sigh and smile towards the elder.

 

"I understand. Thank you for coming and for helping my daughter out." said Mrs. Kim. She smiles genuinely the same way to the couple.

 

Yoong and Seohyun both bows as a respect. 

 

"Mrs. Kim, we'll leave now." Yoong said, as they left the mother with her daughter, peacefully.

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

 

Hand in hand, the couple is walking in a street, on the way to their resort they’re currently staying at. The road, it was quiet. Few cars are only passing by. The weather, it is quite hot, unlike from South Korea. Even for its night, it’s undeniably hot. But the couple didn't mind. They even love it.

 

Seohyun who is wearing a hot pants and a sleeveless feels more relaxed now when they left the house. Her mind, it’s still for the girl, but she is more than relief now, unlike from earlier. And so as for her husband, who has been playing with their arms; he is swinging it from back and forth.

 

“Yoong, do you think it will really be alright?”

 

Yoong seemed not hearing anything. He keeps on swinging their hands, while smiles are all over his face. Their walks are even that slow.

 

Seohyun sigh, didn’t notice it. “I felt her sadness. It aches me somehow… But… aish!” she added, eyes are so straight ahead them.

 

“The boy, even though I can see his sadness as well, I can see that he wanted her to live. Aigoo. I have thought about Yoojin now that we encounter her.”

 

Yoong still don’t bother.

 

Seohyun continues, “And her mother, she’s so strong. I can see how she’s giving her daughter strength.” Seohyun still don’t bother even for her husband is being silent, and not minding her. Yoong keeps on smiling from ear to ear, having his own thought as well.

 

“Tch, let's visit her tomorrow... since.. We only have two days left, by the way—“ Seohyun stopped midway upon realizing her husband’s face. She looked at their hands, and there, she was met by his moving arms and so as his smiles.

 

“Hon stop!” she demanded and Yoong immediately stop.

 

Yoong look at her blank.

 

“What’s wrong?” Seohyun chuckles softly. She releases her hold, but Yoong quickly got it back on his hands. Then they resumed from walking.

 

“Nothing. I’m just wondering on how to spend the last two days? Now that I have thought… why not… “

 

“Why not?”

 

“Why not do something extreme?”

 

“Extreme? How are you even thinking about that?”

 

Yoong stopped, earning his wife’s attention on him. “Hmm… likewise, I want to try something new?”

 

“What is it that I don’t know too? We did a lot today, Hon.”

 

Yoong sigh. He actually couldn’t stop his mind from thinking about mountain climbing, rappelling, water rafting, and even some car racing? Something that, he hasn’t done from his life. “Okay. So what is it really in your mind for our last two days? Well except for visiting Hana.”

 

Seohyun is to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter