Lucky Charm

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

thank you so much as well for all the comments. Really appreciate it.

and welcome new readers! ^^

Thanks for the voting the fic - seororo2806

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2:30am.

 

Exactly 7 hours passed. The lights above the operating door went off. Taeyeon, Yunho and Mrs. Im got up from their respective seats simultaneously. As they crowded the main entrance, all of them are having nervous hearts, nervous anticipations, and most likely, they are praying for a successful operation.

 

A minute had passed, the door finally slowly opens. Instinctively, they step backward. The door opens, revealing two doctors behind, Doctor Cho and Doctor Im. 

 

"Yoong? What happened? Did it go well?" Mrs. Im ask softly, watching his son exhaust and was quite tearing up. Doctor Cho made an excuse which gives Yoong a cue to motions everyone, to sit in their respective seats. Obediently, all give Yoong his request. 

 

"Yoong... is it... a... success?" Taeyeon added, directly. 

 

Yoong didn't answer. Instead, he makes it even worse when he sat down next to his mother, then the next thing he did, he face palmed—covering his face. It made the atmosphere gloomy, as they started to hear his soft sobs. He mumbles something that they couldn't hear clearly. He is even trembling. 

 

Mrs. Im and the rest are all blinking in confusions.

 

"Yoong... are you Okay? " Mrs. Im reaches for his son's shoulder.

 

Taeyeon and Yunho were all baffled. They couldn't tell it yet. They don't want to assume even yet. They hold on for a moment, staring back to the operating room.

 

"Yoong, there are still doctors inside, right?" Yunho realizes, upon watching still the door without even seen the other doctors coming out yet.

 

Yoong nodded smoothly to Yunho's question. He brought his head up, staring to them finally. His tears are finally visible to them. He is sniffling, trying to calm himself

 

"What are they still doing?" Yunho asked again, couldn't contain much his nervous hearts. And the possibilities around. Mrs. Im, hold his son's hand for a support.

 

"We did our best." Yoong mutter.

 

"Yoong, don't scare us." Taeyeon is starting to tear up. She holds Yunho's hand, tightly for a support. At the same time, Yunho is holding her back. But Yoong simply did nothing to answer their questioning eyes.

 

He cried, and then look back at his mother. "Mom, where's Taemin?"

 

"He's sleeping—“

 

"Yah! Yoong! Just tell us the truth!" Yunho outburst, shouting his own emotions. As he continues to watch him, the more his heart is believing that it's not a success. That it fails. Yoong failed. "You're scaring us!" he hisses.

 

Yoong heard it clearly, so he looked back at the Seo siblings. He suddenly chuckles bitterly, while wiping his tears. He didn’t take as any second, when he got up from his seat. He walks back to the door, then turned to face them again. Mrs. Im, Taeyeon and Yunho are all puzzled.

 

“Yoong, what are you doing?” Taeyeon couldn’t help and ask it. The way he was chuckling while crying is so strange and so weird. Just the moment, he was so down or something they couldn’t explain. Next thing, he was chuckling bitterly in front. “Yoong, you’re not… “

 

“Noona, Hyung.. Mom. Can I call myself a doctor now?”

 

“What?” simultaneously, their mouth was agape to Yoong’s smiling face this time. Even for the tears.

 

The doe-eyed guy simply turned back again to face the operating door. “I think I shouldn’t yet though. To tell you guys, it was hard. It was so sensitive. My wife’s heart beats were a little slower when we did it. But it was… a success, even for it. Right now they’re preparing her to have her back in her ward.” He honestly said, as he turns back again to meet their surprise eyes. He was smiling to them, like there were no problem at all.

 

“You. Yoong, come again?” Taeyeon and Mrs. Im have the same thoughts. Both are finally smiling tearfully, as their worries slowly disappear.

 

Yunho scoffs. “So it was?” He hates Yoong out of a sudden, for fooling them.

 

Yoong nodded, confidently. “Yes. But, we still need to see in the coming days. The surgery was a success, but we can’t yet tell it really that it was.” he said with no more tears, but still couldn’t be calm by his sniffles.

 

“So… those were tears of joy?” Taeyeon realizes. The doe-eyed guy nodded so happily. His sobs earlier, were something only because he was happy because it was his first time to operate someone that sensitively.

 

Yunho suddenly got up and almost hit Yoong’s face via his fist. But he only gives him a tight hug instead. Somehow, at the back of his mind, he was thankful for his work. Yoong gives him a pat on his back, as he also holds him back. Mrs. Im and Taeyeon also followed, congratulating him for a job well done. It only made Yoong to cry again, definitely happy for a success surgery.

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

 

3 days later…

 

It was indeed a new day. It is even a bright day, as Seohyun opened her eyes to be welcomed by her husband’s kiss on her cheeks, asking her condition so far.

 

Seohyun smile weakly, yet, she still pulled a sweet smile to her husband. However, she winces as the pain struck her head. Yoong was massaging her forehead softly to ease the pain.

 

It was normal.

 

Seohyun know it is. That’s why, her husband has always been in her side, giving her a care and love every time she would do so. Her bandage over her head though uncomfortable, so far, she can still pull it off. The complications she has been worrying seem disappear after the operation. But she still couldn’t be comfortable with the way her head would feel a sharp pain.

 

“Yoong… tell me, if I am already okay.” she whispers, after Yoong stopped from massaging her forehead. The latter sat down in a chair in her side.

 

“Hmm, base from your reactions. You can still feel pain… but as I always say, it’s normal for a fresh operation. Most likely, after 3 weeks or a month, I can freely say you’re already okay. Right now, we need to stay healthy, Okay? You need to rest and… eat the recommended medicines and foods for you.” Yoong clearly says. Being her personal doctor, it is his task to cheer his patient up as always.

 

Seohyun reaches for her husband’s hand, holding them in both hands. “You know I’m a good girl.” She utters with a small smile.

 

Getting up again from his seat, The residency doctor sat next to her, bringing her for an embrace instead. “Hon, don’t think negatively, anymore. I would love to see a strong wife, ready to pass the test. A strong girl, that has no fear when she encountered a lot of circumstances. That strong girl I saw in Cambridge, is what I wanted to see right now.”

 

Seohyun nods. “You never failed me, hon. And I thank the Lord for that.” Seohyun sincerely says. She pushed back and cupped her husband’s face. “And like I told you, I am so lucky to have you. You’re my lucky charm, Mister I'm.” she said and capture his lips for a quick. Yoong embraces her back again.

 

“What do you want to do today?”

 

Seohyun push him back again, after hearing it. “Um, So I can walk outside with you now?”

 

“Babo. No of course. I mean, what do you want me to do today? Um, I am free at the moment.” Yoong widely smile, wiggling his eyebrows as if he wanted to offer Yul told him.

 

“Huh? I don’t know~” oblivious, Seohyun is blankly staring at him. “You do whatever you want.” She simply said.

 

“Hmm… how about, let’s cuddle?”

 

Seohyun chuckles. “Did Doctor Cho just told me that it’s not allowed? Because my head might—“

 

“Araso, araso. I know now.” Yoong quickly got off from the hospital bed, and went over to the television to open it.

 

“Hon, I’m actually hungry again.” Seohyun pouted, before Yoong even reach for her bed again.

 

“Hungry? O-Okay… I’ll order.” Yoong was about to approach the door when he needed to stop because of his wife’s call for him again. He turned around, just to be greeted by her grins.

 

“No. Don’t bother to order. Hmm… I would like to taste again your cook.” Said Seohyun, staring at him like she wanted to challenge him.

 

“Cook? My cook?” Yoong scoffs.

 

“Yes. Can you cook me like nurses are giving me?”

 

“You mean, vegetable porridge?” Yoong certainly know it. His wife has been loving his nurse’ cook.

 

“Hmm, yup.”

 

Yoong awkwardly smile. He doesn’t know if he can do it though. He is not a cook, he admits it. But for his wife? Can he make an exception? “Hon… it’s, I think let’s just order?”

 

Seohyun pouted sadly. “No. I want you to cook, Hon. I think I’ll get better easily if it’s your cook.”  

 

“But—“

 

“Please???! It’s only once.” She pleads. Clasping her two palms against with each other. “Pwease? Mister Im. Only vegetable porridge.” Then she also put an aegyo.

 

Yoong rolled his eyes, couldn’t take the aegyo. He was defeated, eventually. “Fine. Um, but I want a reward.” He grins right instantly.

 

“Reward? Sure! You can count on me. What do you want?”

 

“Secret. I’ll tell you after I’ll make it. Okay.” approaching his wife, Yoong leaned forward for a quick kiss, then supported his wife to lie her back in her bed.

 

“The most delicious porridge, Chef Im.” Seohyun smile so sweet, earning another kiss from her husband.

 

“You’ll forget your name right after you taste my dish. I tell you~” Yoong was confident, before he left the ward finally.

 

 

----------

 

 

Outside, Yoong certainly doesn’t like the idea. Him as a cook? A chef? He never knows how to cook ever since. He only knows frying though. Fried hotdog, fried rice, fried egg and etc.,

 

It is a fact that it is always his wife who loves to cook for them.

 

“Aigoo, should I call Jessica Noona?” The only person he can think at the moment is his friend, Jessica. Who he knows, loves to cook. Oh well, her husband too, Yul.

 

He smirked, thinking for his own reward later on. “Yes. I should really call her.”

 

 

------

 

 

[Kwon-Jung Residence]

 

“Vegetable porridge is a nut Yoong. You can’t cook it for her?” Jessica couldn’t believe what she heard from her friend. She sat down across him, in the kitchen, quite amuse as well.

 

“I know right? But you know I’m not a cook, Noona!”

 

“Yul is so good in that.” Jessica saw her husband making his way inside, when she says it. “Right Yul?” then she added, as the latter simply passes at them to walk to the refrigerator instead.

 

“But Hyung, seemed busy.”

 

Yul sat down, next to his wife. “I’m not. I just got home from my shift. I think I can help you. What is it anyway?”

 

“He needs help cutie. Do you mind giving him a time? I’m quite sleepy again.” Jessica yawns, earning the smiles from both boys.

 

“Noona, is pregnancy for you hard?” Yoong asked curiously. He knows the latter is sensitive when it comes to pregnancy like the way she was back then.

 

Jessica pouts, showing it to her husband. “Yes. It’s really hard to be a pregnant girl. But my husband doesn’t want to give what all I wanted.”

 

“Yah! I told you to tell me everything. It’s you who wouldn’t.” Yul is defensive to answer, knowing exactly that he is lying.

 

“Tch, you are so bad. Anyway, it’s a good thing that my sister always buys me food though.” Jessica shared, to Yoong.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter