Welcoming a friend

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Welcoming a friend

 

I'm stupid for loving YOU

---------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Droplets of red liquid filled the entire water in small basin, placed in a comfy hospital bed in University’s Infirmary. Beside are a medicine kit and some cotton wool places in the side too. Some used cottons were now red as the operation is going on.

Usually, the place is filled with dead silence at lunch break time. But ever since the incident earlier, the room was filled with mumbles and murmurs coming from the nurses and some other staff from the University.

Some students were filling the doorway too, keeping it noisier while the operation is being done inside.

But, it would’ve been silent if a doctor is doing the operation—instead; a nursing freshmen student is doing it.

 

Hara who did it was now in a detention.

 

“Careful, will you. It hurts.”

 

“Yah! Just stay still.”

 

“How can I stay—“

 

/slap.

 

“AHHH!!!! DOCTOR BRINGS THIS NURSE OUT!!!”

 

/slap.

 

/slap.

 

“Argh! I’m telling you, if you… Ah… “ the voice suddenly lowers.

 

“Aish! Seriously!!! If you keep on moving, it’ll be infected.”

 

Heavy breaths… and more heavy breaths…

 

“Aigoo… I should’ve called Doctor Kim.” The voice is getting lower and lower.

 

“Phew!”

 

“Done?” much lower. No more energy probably.

 

“Not yet.”

 

Wail….

 

“It really hurts… Please… you’re killing me.”

 

Another heavy breath and…

 

“Done.”

 

--

 

An arching eyebrow was seen from all students outside after hearing the freshmen’s announcement. The door from the infirmary suddenly opens.

 

“It was a succesl. Mr. Im is now safe, so there’s no need to worry.” A nurse greeted all the students with an announcement, regarding their president’s condition.

 

Students begin leaving the place after hearing the good news.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sigh.

 

“Do you know that it’s quite deep cut?” Seohyun angrily said, giggling to slap again the shirtless doe-eyed guy. The cut was under his neck in his back, keeping the latter to wince slightly in pain if he moves.

 

“Miss Seo… here’s the tablets.” A real nurse entered the operation room and hand the younger girl with the medicine for the doe-eyed guy to take.

 

Seohyun took the medicines and poured a glass of water.

 

The doe-eyed guy is currently sitting in a hospital bed and was dazedly watching her personal nurse, pouring water for him. He has no energy anymore and would constantly just heave more breaths.

 

“It’s your fault.” Seohyun glares, giving the latter a glass of water and two tablets. “You’re like a kid.” She scolded. "You have been stabbed once and you are acting like this... as if it's just game?" she question. Her concerned to the doe-eyed guy can't put any place. It's just too much how the latter block his body to save her. "Yoong, I don't get why you should block yourself. You should've just dodge Hara's advancement by grabbing her wrist or something. That chance, no one got hurt." She burst out. Her frustrations and concerned mixed.

 

"I'm sorry... if I tried to save you." The doe-eyed guy huskily said.

 

"You know what I can't understand? That reason." she paused and scoffs, holding her tears to drops. "Is hurting yourself... an excuse to save me? That reason is stupid." she strongly believes.

 

"Then I'm stupid to love you?" Yoong slaps. 

 

Seohyun was stunned, not expecting that he will strikes back. She breathed heavily glares intensely to him. Those eyes, as if wants for comfort. But she doesn’t want to lose control.

Yeah, she herself is stupid for even loving him—enough said that she chooses to distance a little.

 

Sigh.

 

She flopped herself to the couch nearby. “Thank you… for saving me though.” she can only mutter, avoiding the topic of 'Love'. She's controlling her feelings with all her might. 

 

The doe-eyed guy only nods as he looks at the younger girl intently. No more words utter and let the silence deaf them for a while. The atmosphere is just too heavy that they can't cope with each other. Little did they know that both of them are longing for each other? A longing to comforts one another? A longing to be together, already?

 

After the dead silence, one of them decided to broke it.  

 

“Aish!” hissing, Seohyun stood again and rummage to the doe-eyed guy’s bag in his side. “Do you have any sleeveless?” she asked angrily, looking to his side. As a respond, Yoong nods.

 

“You—“

 

“Oppa~”

 

Rolling her eyes, Seohyun proceeds to rummage—avoiding Nicole’s gazes to her.

 

“Are you okay oppa?” Nicole asked worriedly.

 

“Can she see how Yoong is really so weak?” Seohyun mumbles while still pretending to rummage.

 

Nicole suddenly cupped Yoong’s face as she pouts towards the weak doe-eyed guy. “I was worrying like hell.” She dramatically said.

 

“Who’s more worried here?” Seohyun added hearing the words from her ex-best friend. “Argh! Lord, can I go out now?”

 

“Will I going to bring you—“

 

“NICOLE STOP!” Yoong suddenly outburst, she clenches and glares to the mushroomed girl. The latter’s treat on him was hurting him, the fact that he can see Seohyun slightly avoiding them if they talk. He can no longer take this, as if Nicole is his girlfriend or something.

 

Taken aback, Nicole steps back a little while Seohyun look at them in surprised.

 

“I’m sorry Oppa.” Nicole looks down.

 

sigh

 

“No I’m sorry… I was… uhmm… it wasn’t my intention to—screamed.” Yoong heaved a sighed and reaches for Nicole’s right arm to comfort her. The latter is dramatically crying in front of him, making him guilty with his sudden outburst.

 

Seohyun can’t help but to turn in her back and clenches tightly underneath. She’s boiling inside and wants to explode.

 

Later then, Yoong wipes the tears of Nicole and slightly smile to her. He turned to the country girl and noticed the latter’s continuous of mumbling?

 

“Hyunnie? Uh, are-are you okay?” he called.

 

Seohyun nods in respond and tried to reach for a tissue paper on the side. Nicole saw this and just arches her eyebrows.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yup, don’t bother me.” Yoong arches his eyebrows too, noticing the low voice from the young brunette. He slowly jumps off from the bed and reach for the latter’s hand behind.

 

“Oppa? Uh… “

 

“Nicole, can you give us a moment?”

 

“But—“

 

“Please… “With that said, Nicole hesitantly leaved them. Jinwoon was about to enter the room too when he stops and proceeds to retract back his trance together with Nicole.

 

After living them, Yoong rummage on his sleeveless and wears it slowly. He winces a little but her manage to put it on. After doing so, he rummages for his uniform and slowly wears it too.

 

“I should go.” Seohyun quickly turned and attempted to leave but Yoong holds her wrist, stopping her. She turned back and fined the doe-eyed guy looking at her with weary eyes.

 

Their eyes met, but she quickly look away—hiding her slight wet eyes.

 

“Let’s go together.” Yoong said as he grabs his bag but only to scream in pain again.

 

Seohyun quickly reacted and grabs his bag instead. “I’ll just carry it instead.” She said before leading them out the room.

 

Nico

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter