Good Night

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Every tears that stays in your cheeks, would stay for a long time.

---------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Walks are fast...

 

... Heartbeats are doubling it's pace...

 

Hands are shaking....

 

... Tears...

 

are over flowing.... Head is throbbing.

 

Mixed of emotions..

 

She's wanting to die just now. She wants to scream her painful experience. If she could just do it though. She would've gladly to do it.

 

She have seen it clearly. The doe-eyed guy was in the bed sitting in a mattress, while Nicole was behind, under the blankets. What she saw is enough. Enough for her to have an idea that there is something going on with her boyfriend and Nicole. She can't believe it. Is this why her boyfriend doesn't talk to her regarding Nicole? It was a mistake at first, about Yonghwa. And now, it's Nicole. What's next? breaks up? She can never tell.

 

Still walking so fast, not caring she's only wearing a slipper and some jeans and jacket. She ends up in a place she doesn't even know. The night was cold and the place was as if nothing but only the crickets can be heard.

 

Where the hell is she?

 

"Unnie... Oppa... Appa... Omma... “she sobs as she scan around the place. There's a cement bench, along with a fontana in her place. A fontana that still so active with the water giving it more cold to the wind brushing her two arms.

Bringing her jacket to her body, she gently sat down in the fontana bench.

 

She couldn't understand what she's feeling at the moment. She's angry, furious, and confused at the same time. Together with this, the pain in her heart is unbearable. To the point that she wanted to just go home and forget about what she have seen. 

 

Her tears wouldn't stop as the pain in her head wouldn't stop as well.

 

Every tears that would drops are the good memories she had with the doe-eyed guy; Every tears that would drops are every happiness she had in the University, at home, and last time she had a date with the doe-eyed guy.

 

Why must she need to feel this? Is loving someone can be that hurtful? Coz, she's totally a stranger. It's her first time to acknowledge such a strange feeling. It was her first to be fall in love and... to be fooled, cheated.

 

"Omma... Appa... I wish you guys were here... “she sobs as she looked up, clutching to her chest. 

 

For instance, she can feel regret that she needed to fly all the way to Rome just to experience these mixed emotions. But the most regret she wanted to have is... why do have she need to fall in love to a certain doe-eyed guy. But unfortunately, she was never regretting to fell in love. She never regretted to have fallin to such a kind guy. A kind guy that she never expected could trapped her to this feeling of insanity. She fell in love, and doesn't want to stop it.

Now that she experienced the heartaches, it's now coming to her sense that falling in love doesn't mean happiness only, it also involves heartaches. Now, she understands on why does her unnie warns her from the start.

 

Hyun, I don't want to stop you on feeling this way... But base from my experience, you'll never had your happiness without pain as well. You should be careful.

 

Her Unnie's words were indeed true.

 

-

 

wiping her tears off, she contantly bit her lips upon sobbing silently. Her chest would constantly go up and down, due to her crying pleads. Now she wonders again, would she still feel the happiness she wanted, with her boyfriend doing mistakes?

 

"Miss?"

 

Suddenly, someone sat beside her, much to her surprise as she immediately looked up. She find herself staring to a white man, wearing a green jacket with a bright smile.

 

"Uhmm... “she tried to say something but no one would escape as she could feel herself choking to her own words.

 

"No don't talk. I've seen you running out in that Hotel, are you one of the delegates from South Korea?" asked the guy.

 

She nods slowly before she looks away, to hid her tears.

 

"I'm one of the delegates of Italy team. Nice to meet you. I'm Charles, team captain of team Italy, I do duets." the guy said, as he held out his hand.

 

She was hesitant, she look down and find the hand a bit shaking.

 

"Uhmm, It's cold, that is why." the guy sheepishly said.

 

Noticing the sincere words from the guy, she hesitantly took the hand and shakes it slowly. "Uh... I'm Seo Joohyun... I do duets too... from team South Korea." she said and let go of the hand almost immediately.

 

Noticing the sniffles, the guy quickly opened his pocket and held out a handkerchief. "I don't know what happened to you, but... I hate to see someone crying, so... do me a favor."

 

"Th-thanks... " she hesitantly grabs the handkerchief and wipes off her tears thoroughly.

 

"You know what; you came to the right place."

 

"De?" she almost immediately looked up to the guy with a puzzle stare.

 

"Yes, do you see this Fontana?" The guy pointed, earning her attention behind her. 

 

"Almost everybody in this town knows this place. As you can see, some coins are tossed inside."

 

She only furrowed her eyebrows to the guy, while she sniffles continuously.

 

The guy paused to pull out a coin to his pocket. He then handed it to the stranger he assumes had a worst night. "Come on, grab it... and I'll tell you what's the meaning of this coin."

 

She was reluctant. How can she trust a stranger to this state? The guy is from another team, to be said.

 

Realizing that the girl didn't took it, the guy cautiously took her hand and open her palms, and places the coin. "Now, what I wanted you to do is... throw it there, while you think for a wish you wanted to come true. Hmm?"

 

The guy's smile for some reason, is calming her nerves. It is calming her undying heartaches.

 

"How?" finally, she utter a word, much to the happiness of the Italian delegate.

 

He pulled the younger to stood and he pulls out another coin for his self. "Close your eyes then think... “he closed his eyes and at the same time, he keep his self silent.

 

This sight made her do the same too. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. But as her eyes closes, the scene she saw earlier makes her tightens to her hold to the coin. Her tears started to drops once again as she brought the coin to her heart.

 

"Now, if you have that wish, do the tossing sound."

 

/thog.

 

A sound of coin tossed into the water filled her ears. It makes her gulp and feel the water lingering her ears. It feel so relaxing for some reason, that the images of her boyfriend in the bed with Nicole suddenly faded. It replaces an image where she and the doe-eyed is having good time with their reviews. Her mind flashes back...

 

Flashback...

 

"Hyun... Since the competition is nearing, what do you want us to do in Rome? I mean... it will be fun right? We can go to Venice if you'll request it." the doe-eyed guy asked, as he moved closer to the younger and leaned his chin to the latter's shoulder. Their faces were inches apart.

 

"Uhmm... Venice? Was that the place where some of the romantic views, can be found?" asked the innocent younger one.

 

Yoong nods, before she tuck aside the hair of the younger's behind her ears.

 

"Actually, Yoong... it was my dream to go there someday." The younger shared shyly.

 

It makes the doe-eyed rose up and this time, he crawled his two arms to the younger's waist, to pull her over for a backhug while they're in the floor, sitting.

 

"and why?" he whispered to her ears.

 

"Because... appa, and omma... they're working there." The younger immediately answered with a turn to her side where the doe-eyed is leaning his chin. "Hmm? What are you thinking?" she asked, notcing the latter's silent, after she shared it.

 

"Your parents. I want to know them. But... I can't... I mean, I'm afraid they'll not accept me." The doe-eyed responded in a mutter.

 

The younger smiles. She resumed her head and grabs closer her boyfriend's two hands to hers. "Don't worry... They'll like you Yoong. Omma would be gladly to know you... but... "

 

"But?"

 

"Uhmm... Appa... he's... he's quite strict Yoong. I can't really be close with him. He always had my sister and my older brother to his side always. I don't know the reason, but he seems not  fond of me." she shared sadly.

 

"He is? Omo! That’s... "

 

"I know right? He always so protective though. He doesn't want me to have friends or rather to have fun outside. He always wanted me to study and study... for my future, and for the family's future?"

 

The doe-eyed feel a sympathy. Though he had no father to guide him, he can't be so insensitive. "Don't worry; I'll do my best to please him. You'll see, your dad will like me, and he won't be so strict." he beams

 

The younger giggles upon hearing the words from her boyfriend, she literally took a peck to the latter's cheeks and said... "Thank You Yoong."

 

"No thanks." The doe-eyed replied with a bright smile.

 

The two then slowly put their forehead against with each other as they close their eyes, feeling each other's warm embraces.

 

"Yoong Oppa, I love you."

 

"I love you too, My loves." The doe-eyed replied witha peck to his girlfriend's lips.

 

"Cheater."

 

The pout from his girlfriend just made him giggle once more and took a peck another one.

 

"Tch, can we resume our review now?" suggested the younger which her boyfriend disapproves by taking a peck one again. "Aish! Come on!" but still, the younger is persistent and pulled him over to their coffee table.

 

"Yes Ma'am."

 

end of flashback...

 

-------------------------

 

Bracing herself, the young brunette makes a wish...

 

I wish to go back to Seoul, Happy.

 

She thought before she slowly throw it to the Fontana. After doing so, she slowly open her eyes and find herself still tearing up.

 

"Miss... whatever is the reason of those tears. Please, do wipe them off immediately. Every tears that stays in your cheeks would stay for a long time. Don't let it happen. You should be strong enough to wipe them off... if you... want happiness to be by your side."

 

The younger chuckle bitterly. She understands it entirely. The guy seems to be giving her a comforting words and for some reason, it's effective. The guy is indeed right. 

 

"I'm sorry... you have to see me like this." The younger replied. "But... thanks... you successfully make me calm."

 

The guy nods and smile. "I'm glad."

 

Ring... ring... Ring...

 

"Oh, I wanted to stay, but I guess it's time for me to go. We still have rehearsals. You guys will have tomorrow, right?"

 

"Oh no, it'll be this Friday."

 

"It's Friday tomorrow."

 

"De?"

 

"Ahahaha~ I think you are use to your timeline. Anyway, I have to go." The guy then runs out with his phone by his ear.

 

"Yah! wait... your... your handkerchief." She was about to chase the guy, but retracted back when she notices her head aches would give her a hard time to move. So she decided to sat down again and just burried her face to the handkerchief, that scents so fresh. A strawberry scent, that sents down to her inner nerves and created a fireworks to the pain in her heart.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Heavy breaths, heavy steps and... Heavy hearts.

 

The doe-eyed guy is in his 2nd street, in search for the younger. He his self can't even describe what he is feeling. The regrets was all over. Why did he need to be trapped? Why did he agrees to Nicole, while all along, the future will be like that. His girlfriend, no matter how many times she will avoid her, karma will always hunt him down. His mistake will still be a known for her no matter how he tried to avoid it. He can never escape his mistake. He should've been clever when it comes to that, but... his fears would constantly take over him. The fear of having someone leaving you behind. The fear that he once had from his childhood. He feared to happened, but it seems happening. He assumes, the younger would break up to him, and he doesn't want to let it happen.

 

"Where is she?" He helplessly wipes the sweat all over his forehead the time he stops on walking. 

 

The street he is in was quite that dark already, and he needs to be careful. He needs to find his girl before it's too late. They're in a foreign country, and so, he was uncertain to his girlfriend's safety.

 

Pulling out his phone, he dials his girlfriend's number right away. "Come on, pick up." But the other line wouldn't bother to answer.

 

He then stop it, thinking that it will be a waste. He gradually took another root in his search. 

 

Ring... ring... Ring...

 

Thinking that it will be his girlfriend, he immediately answers it. "Hyun? Where are you?" 

 

[Yoong, I'm sorry... this is Yul. Where are you? Have you already found her?]

 

"No, not yet... I'm at... i don't know this place. But I'm sure, I'm not yet far away from the hotel. I still can view it here."

 

[Okay, just describe me the place... ]

 

Looking around, he noticed a lot of restaurants, a tree and... a...

 

With another turn, he noticed a Fontana. "I think it's easy... just go straight and... you can see a first fontana here. I'll be waiting here. Bye." he said before he ended it and decided to sat down.

 

"Aigoo... where the hell are you Hyun? Don't kill me please." He mumbles while he runs his hand to his handyphone.

 

Deciding to call his girl again, it took a minute for him to realize...

 

Ring... ring... Ring...

Ring... ring... Ring...

Ring... ring... Ring...

 

The continuous ringing behind him is so loud, causing him to slowly turns on his back. "Hyun?" He gasped in surprised, to see his girl sitting in the same Fontana and was burying his face to his knees. Looking down, he noticed the phone was continuously ringing. "No wonder." He said huskily as he stood and ended the call.

 

He was about to step forward when he noticed his self shaking. His heart can't be stop all of sudden and his hold to his phone drops. Little did he realize that he was already afraid to approach his girl?

 

As if a sad song plays in the background, he can't help but to feel the pain once again he caused to the younger. The mistake that he caused is somehow reminding him over again to witnessed his girlfriend crying silently.

 

It hates him so much. 

 

He shed tears and decided to sit down across. "What have I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter