First Impression

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back with chapter 2 :)

 

 

 

 

 First impression

 

 

 

First Impressions aren't always the best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two students stood in front of the class, a stranger young lady and a known doe-eyed guy. Murmurs quickly was heard from students to see the two late together. The professor who is aware with the doe-eyed guy’s character is also surprised. But in case to the new student, he only arches his eyebrows towards the girl.

 

“Kindly explain to us… Mr. Im… about you being late?” their professor asked firmly, looking at his student in disbelief.

 

“I-I… f-fell asleep Mr. Kim. I was… I mean, I end up sleeping late last night, that’s why I fell asleep at the bus earlier. But promise Mr. Kim, I won’t do this anymore.” The guy named Yoong reasoned. Having been called as ‘Mr. Punctual’, he could no longer comprehend to see disappointments from students. 

 

Knowing exactly the doe-eyed guy’s up to, the professor just let it pass. “That’s a pretty good reason… Mr. Im… “Diverting his gazes to the young man’s side, the professor raises a brow. He knew the student is a freshmen but he can’t let it pass too. “… And for you Miss… “

 

“Uh, S-Seo… Sir.”

 

“Alright, Miss Seo? What makes you late?”

 

“Eh?”

 

Gulp in.

 

The question is just simple. But how can she answer? It would be easy if she’s going to lie, but it’s not her nature to answer lies. If she’s going to tell the real reason, she will be embarrassed for sure.

 

Breathing is fast, and her heart is pounding so fast. She’s only going to open to speak so that she can pass the question, but why is it so hard?

 

Gulp in.

 

“Omo… what to do.”

 

She said in a whisper. Her eyes were in the students, anticipating for her to answer the question—dazing her a bit.

 

“Mr. Kim, I have a better idea.” Suddenly, the guy beside her spoke. Her eyes were now to the doe-eyed guy, completely puzzled.

 

What is he doing?

 

Without looking to the girl, Yoong speak again. “Better be if you’ll pass the girl, if she’s...” He added, giving a hint to the girl that it’s all on him.

 

“You know our rule here, Mr. Im. We don’t allow late students to enter the class without any valid reasons.”

 

“Mr. Kim, I know that too well. You didn’t get me… I was about to tell you what’s on my mind when you cut me off.”

 

Seohyun was taken aback. Those strong rude words were not she expected from the guy before her. As if she was expecting the guy to be gentle, she felt disappointed the way he speaks. All through their journey earlier, she saw the guy smiles and laughs while talking to his phone. And the new attitude he’s showing in front of the students somehow drops her expectations from the guy.

 

She assumed highly to the guy to be good.

 

-

 

“Right, tell me your idea then.”

 

With a defeated sighed, the professor let the doe-eyed guy to continue his assault.

 

It’s just easy, for him. But he doesn’t know if the girl can do the same with him. With a stern look to the girl beside, He leaned in to whisper.

 

“Just follow my lead.”

 

Seohyun literally back away right when the guy whispered. It’s cold aura from him, giving her goose bumps all of a sudden.

 

“Mr. Kim. We’ll have a duet… after this; you’ll let her pass to your question.” Yoong surprisingly announced to the class. A groan was immediately heard as a response from the students. Groan because for the first time, the doe-eyed guy has requested someone to have a duet with him—to their jealousy.

 

Duet? Seohyun raise her brow innocently. It’s a word that she somehow familiarizes. Two people singing together, that she can define. But with the guy, Right at the moment?

 

“Whoa! What a confidence Mr. Im. We know—“

 

“We only have 30 mins... left for this class Mr. Kim. You won’t let me ditch again for my next class, aren’t you?”

 

For the first time, Yoong cut off a professor’s words. Since it’s not his nature to do so, but something just gives him to do so. And to add, her attitude he’s been showing isn’t what he expect from his self. It’s like his being posses with another body.

 

“Go on.” The professor can only heave a sigh with his student’s attitude which he thinks is quite unpleasant, surprising him.

 

-

 

While the commotion is going on, Seohyun on the other hand can’t think of any reason to give in with the guy’s request. Fact that she wanted to pass the question that the professor have asked, it’s not right for someone to do such things with a guy he doesn’t even know, with only his attitude.

 

“So?” Yoong raise his shoulders. Telling the girl beside to do what he requested. “Don’t worry. It’s only seconds’ duet. Since I know you don’t want to answer the question earlier. This is the best way to save you.” Assuming that the girl would give in, he tried to pursuit the person he thinks as an obedient new student. With a cool attitude he’s showing to the new student.

 

No answer.

 

Seohyun can only stared without any words. Completely dumfounded and her thoughts ain’t telling her to do so. Something inside her is building that she can’t describe.

 

Noticing the girl’s response, Yoong thought for a moment. How would he convince such a stranger that doesn’t even know him in the first place? Isn’t it his nature to meet a lot of friends around the campus? Yet, he fined it difficult to deal this new student.

 

With two hands on his hips, he breathed a loud heavy sighed. “You don’t know how to sing?” he challenges, more like a sarcastic.

 

“Ne?” He’s challenging a country girl; Seohyun didn’t know how to put his building anger inside. The fact that the guy had already save her earlier, it didn’t take any seconds to give her idea that the guy she’s been following earlier is in fact a cocky and rude guy.

 

Biting her lower lip, Seohyun stared intensely to the guy in front.

 

“We’ll have duet, or—“

 

“I don’t want.”

 

Seohyun blurted. That’s it, she just blurted what’s on her mind not thinking of what will happen next. Her braveness suddenly surprised her as her eyes never leave those doe-eyes. Something is telling her not to get involved with this cocky guy in front of her.

 

I don’t want

 

It replayed in Yoong’s mind again. Those firm three words give him an idea that the girl isn’t an easy country girl. it didn’t take any seconds as he let a loud laugh, earning the students puzzle look. After like 10 seconds of laughs from the known guy. He stared in disbelief to the girl.

 

“I like you… “He blurted, without any meaning to it.

 

“What?” But for the country girl, there’s something on those 3 words. ‘I like You’ means liking someone you know too well, base on novels he read always.

 

Another wave of anger indulges the new student as she nearly lost her composure. Luckily, she holds it in.

 

With a smirk, Yoong look at his professor with a defeated sigh. “She doesn’t want to do it. Let her answer the question then Mr. Kim.”

 

Students were agape with the commotion in front of them. They can only stayed silent while watching the two late students in front of them, giving each other gazes that only a wild animal can do. It’s intense.

 

-

 

Seohyun clenches this time. It’s now or never. She just declined the cocky guy’s request, she should answer the professor’s question to her or she won’t have a good impression towards the student before them. But, didn’t she know that the students had already building their good thoughts towards her?

 

“I-I’m sorry… Mr. Kim. Uh, actually… I was late—“

 

*CRIIIIIIIIING~

 

“Save by the bell.” Yoong’s mutters were quickly heard after hearing the bell rang.

 

Hearing the bell, groans was immediately heard by the students as they started to leave the room.

 

“Alright, that’s it for today class… I’ll be good for you Miss Seo. I’ll pass you this time.” The professor stated, before leaving the new student with the cocky guy.

 

-

-

 

Sighed.

 

Seohyun hung her head low. Although she likes it that way, she wasn’t please with the cut off earlier. She was near to spilled why sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter