Chapter 29

Lost In Love

For those of you who didn't understand the last chapter: The part where Daesung and Seungri tell Jiyong that Seunghyun has been in a coma, that was the dream. His reality is with Seunghyun at his apartment. Just to clear things up. 


Seunghyun was startled awake by a loud knock on the front door. Who in the world could that be? he thought, shaking Jiyong gently to wake up. "Ji, someone's knocking," he whispered. "Just go answer it," the leader mumbled into his pillow.  He rolled his eyes and got up, walking so quietly to not let the visitor know they were home. He looked through the peephole and saw Youngbae and Daesung standing there. "," he whispered, almost inaudible. He stood there for a while and waited to see if they'd leave. Eventually Daesung walked back to the car and returned with a piece of paper and a pen. He wrote a quick note and slipped it into the mail slot of the door before touching Youngbae's arm, "Let's go, maybe they didn't come here. Let's ask Teddy where they are." Youngbae nodded without a word and followed Daesung back to the car. 

Seunghyun bent down and picked up the small piece of paper, unfolding it slowly. He looked at it and cocked his head confused. He walked back to the room with the note in hand and shook Jiyong a little more, "Ji, they left a note, it was Daesung and Youngbae." This got the leader's attention and he sat up slowly, taking the note from his hyung's hand and read it aloud. 

"Hey Jiyong, even thought you're not usually home, we thought we'd check here for you anyhow. Where did you guys go? We can't find either of your cars. Top hyung, or yours. We're hoping you didn't run off and not tell us. Give us a call. -Daesung & Youngbae."

Jiyong shrugged and looked at Seunghyun. Seunghyun just shrugged in reply and took the paper, setting it on the bedside table. He stood back up and sighed. "I think we should-" they both began in unison. They both chuckled and Jiyong waved it off, "you go first, Tabi." "You're not going to like this, but I think I should start staying at the dorm, they're suspecting us. They know we're up to something," he said. Jiyong just looked at him, stunned. "Jiyong?" he asked quietly, "Are you mad at me?" Jiyong shook his head, but the anger was evident on his face, "Then we're both going to the dorms he said indifferently, tucking the ring into the shirt he had wore to bed. 

Seunghyun was a little worried, he was usually the one getting upset, but that particular comment obviously pushed a few buttons that were meant to be left alone. They rode in the car back to Seunghyun's apartment. When he got out, he bent down and looked into the car, "Jiyong, what were you going to say earlier?" "Nothing. It doesn't matter now, just go get your car. I'll see you later," the leader said in an agitated tone. He obeyed and shut the door. Jiyong immediately sped off, his tires screeching against the road. Instead of going straight to his car, he sat on the curb and ran his fingers through his hair. "What's so bad about staying at the dorms?" he asked himself.

Two hours later, Seunghyun arrived at the dorms with his small backpack upon his back. When he got into the dorm only Jiyong was there. He only knew that because the leader yelled at him for well over ten minutes about being so late. "You were supposed to be right behind me!" the younger man yelled, getting in Seunghyun's face. He just shrugged and mumbled a 'sorry' before walking off to his room and collapsing on the bed. Jiyong wasn't done with the yelling and followed close behind, "Sorry? That's it? I was worried sick!" "Get out of my room," he muttered, burying his face in a pillow. The leader was shocked and stayed firm in hi place in the doorway. "I said get out. If one of the others see you in here, they'll only suspect us more," he said, standing up to push the leader gently into the hallway before shutting and locking the door. 

Seunghyun stayed in there for hours until he could hear the others return from wherever it is they had gone. "What's going on hyung?" he could hear Seungri ask the annoyed leader. "Nothing," Jiyong replied. He could tell the leader was flipping through the channels, trying his best to mask all of his other feelings with that of boredom. "Where's Top hyung?" Daesung asked. By the silence that was followed by footsteps, he could tell Jiyong had just pointed towards his room. Then he waited and the anticipated knock came after a while. "Hyung?" Daesung said quietly. Then he could hear the blonde man trying to open the door, but it was still locked. "Open the door please?" the younger man asked. "Why?" he asked in a deep, half-menacing tone. 

Everyone left him alone for a while and he stayed in his room for the remainder of that day and all of the next two. Not even going to get food. He just didn't eat, didn't drink and he just wished he could make everything disappear. He didn't want to have to hide everything from the other members, but he felt it was too great a risk for them to know. He didn't want to talk to anyone, but that didn't last long when he heard all of the members leave the dorm one night, except Jiyong. The leader walked up to his door and knocked gently, "Seunghyun?" "What?" he said weakly. "Come eat please?" the leader asked, sounding desperate. 

"Why haven't you come out of your room?" Jiyong asked Seunghyun. He just shrugged, forgetting that the leader couldn't see him. "Seunghyun?" Jiyong said again. He got up and unlocked the door, opening it for the younger man. Jiyong walked in and stopped in the middle of the room. Seunghyun turned and shut the door, locking it behind him. "I miss you Jiyong," he said needily as he hugged the leader fiercely. "I miss you too, Tabi." "I don't like hiding, Ji." "I know. Can we please just tell them?" Jiyong asked. He nodded, "If it'll make this all go away, then please tell them." "Keep in mind that we could lose all of them because of this," the leader reminded him. "I know, I know. But if they really think of all of us as a family, then it shouldn't matter. They'll accept us no matter what, right?" 

When the other members returned, they were hardly surprised to see Seunghyun and Jiyong holding hands as they watched TV. Seunghyun looked up and smiled, "Hi guys." "Hey," Youngbae said, flashing a smile. Seungri grinned and then tackled the two men, "I knew it! You two are stubborn!" Daesung just stood there, refusing to make eye-contact with any of them. When he walked down the hall to his room, Seunghyun got up and followed him. Daesung was about to shut it when he put his hand on the door, stopping him. "Daesung, I know what you're thinking," he began, " But I prayed and god gave us permission. Don't be the only one who isn't happy for us." The blonde shook his head and tried to close the door again but Seunghyun's force didn't let up.

"It has nothing to do with my religion hyung," Daesung said sadly. "What is it then?" "I love you guys," the younger man said quietly. He chuckled and put a hand on Daesung's shoulder, "We know Dae." "No, you don't. I mean I actually love you guys. Not just as friends or family," Daesung explained, shrugging his hand away. Then it dawned on Seunghyun. That's what Daesung meant. He looked up and apologized, "I'm really sorry Dae. But... Jiyong and I are getting married." "I know," Daesung said with a small smile. "It makes me happy actually." That surprised Seunghyun, but he smiled and hugged the blonde man tightly. "Thank you Daesung."

"No, thank you hyung."