The Truth

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

Shin rolled her eyes at Simon and sighed. “Simon, come on. There’s no reason to make things up. You and I both know we aren’t meant to be. It’s time for both of us to move on, right?” Shin said.

Surprisingly Simon shook his head. “No, Shin you really need to listen to this”, Simon said. But on the inside he almost screamed: “Please don’t listen to me, Shin.”

Shin sighed in defeat and crossed her arms. “Fine, what is it then?” She asked Simon.

“What’s the normal reason for a relationship to start?” Simon asked Shin. Shin furrowed her eyebrows.

“Eh, love, attraction, chemistry?” Shin suggested. Simon nodded. “But that isn’t any of the reasons for Jonghyun’s and your relationship”, Simon told Shin.

Shin started to get a bad feeling. “Does he know about my bet? But why is this about Jonghyun then?” She asked herself in her head.

“Jonghyun… Has a bet”, Simon said. “Is this some kind of joke?” Shin thought. She did a sign for Simon to go on.

“You see Kwan over there?” Simon asked Shin, and pointed at Kwan there was talking to Jonghyun. Just like the plan.

Shin nodded a little confused. “What does he have to do about all this?” Shin thought.

Simon took a deep breath and started to tell Shin all the things Kwan he demanded he did. “Kwan and Jonghyun are enemies. They have been ever since kindergarten. Kwan and Jonghyun both wanted to humiliate each other. So they made a deal”, Simon told Shin.

“Yes?”

“Kwan challenged Jonghyun. If he could get a bit- I mean girl, there is in love with him and bring her to this party, Jonghyun will win. If don’t, Kwan wins. Whoever wins is allowed to humiliate the other”, Simon told Shin.

“And what part do you play in this game?” Shin asked.

“Ehm”, Simon started. He hadn’t really considered an answer for that. Actually he had expected Shin to cry by now. “I just want you to know the truth, Shin. You are worth it”, Simon said.

Shin rolled her eyes. “Loreal Paris, you’re worth it”, she mumbled. “What?” Simon asked and wanted to make sure that she really said what he just heard.

“Look Simon, I don’t believe your pathetic lie, okay? If you really cared so much about me, then why did you decide to ignore me for several months?” Shin demanded to know.

“If just she knew why”, Simon thought to himself. But he didn’t say it out loud.

“I just-“ But before Simon could start, Shin stopped him. “Just forget it, Simon. I don’t even want to hear it. Your little story is ridiculous. Why should I even believe you?”

“Because of this”, Simon said and found his mobile phone. The video Kwan had given Simon was transferred to Simon’s phone and was the proof that this was real.

Simon pressed play on the video. Without Jonghyun knowing, Kwan had filmed when they agreed to the bet. Kwan had always known that Jonghyun was such a big er for love and Kwan wanted to win this bet. The video started to play in the middle of a conversation.

"Oh really!? I would like to see a girl fall for a pabo like you!" Kwan laughed.

"Deal. I can get a girl right now!" Jonghyun confidently said.

"Hyung? Are you sure this a good idea?" Taemin asked Jonghyun. "Of course, I know what I'm doing" Jonghyun assured Taemin. He didn’t even think twice.

"Okay that's a deal. I'm having a party in a month. Show up there with a girl there's in love with you" Kwan challenged Jonghyun.

Shin swallowed a single time. This didn’t look too good. There was no doubt the guy on the video was Jonghyun.

"I'm in. If I win you can never annoy me anymore. You have to stay out of my way" Jonghyun said.

"Plus run throw the street of Seould in pink underwear" he added and followed with a smirk.

"I have to pick the girl! Don't think you would have it that easy" Kwan smirked.

"That wasn't a part of the bet!" Jonghyun protested.

"Well too bad you didn't read the part written with small" Kwan smirked. You could practically see Jonghyun curse in his mind.

"Who is it then?" he finally asked. Kwan looked around in the bar. Just then two girls entered.

"Her" He said and pointed at one of the girls, Shin.

Shin was in a mixture of shock and the state where you should start to worry.

“So it’s true”, she finally said.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

“What is it Kwan? There is no pulling back now just because you are losing”, Jonghyun smirked.

Kwan shook his head and on the inside he thought: “No, because I am not about to lose. Your little Shin does not look like she’s so pleased with you anymore”, Kwan thought. He looked at Shin who was staring right at Jonghyun now. Simon secretly gave Kwan a thumb up beside her.

“Eh…” Kwan mumbled. Maybe he should have used another sentence to atop Jonghyun in returning to Shin before Simon was done talking to her.

There is something you need to know about Shin.” It sounded like she was hiding something too. Kwan beat himself up in his mind. His own mouth shouldn’t ruin this.

 

“What was is with Shin?” Jonghyun asked again. “Think Kwan, think”, Kwan thought to himself and searched his entire mind for an excuse.

 

“Shin-“ Kwan started. Just when Kwan was about to continue another voice finished his sentence.

“Shin has a bet too”, a girl said as she stepped out from the crowd.  Kwan and Jonghyun were both confused now.

“Who the heck are you?” Kwan rudely asked the girl. The girl didn’t pay attention to Kwan but only Jonghyun.

“I’m Shin’s colleague, Min-sun. We work together. I was a to Shin on my first day. More like, stole her idea and told it to our boss. Shin suggested a program about what girls do wrong in relationships. The boss chose to believe that it was Shin’s idea, so she asked Shin to try the concept out. Shin had a day to find a fitting guy, you, and then her job was to make him dump her as fast as possible”, Min-Sun explained.

Jonghyun was silent for a while. Shin actually did act like she really wanted to get dumped in the start of their relationship. But then again, Min-Sun could just be a stranger Kwan had hired to say that. So Jonghyun chose to believe his girlfriend. 

“You don’t believe me? Then read this. I stole Shin’s notes about the project on her desk. This is a proof that I’m not lying”, Min-Sun said and gave Jonghyun a small stack of papers.

Jonghyun started to read the small sentences.

“The 15th
I found a fitting guy yesterday. His name is Kim Jonghyun. He seems like a fine guy. Let’s get started!”


Jonghyun couldn’t help but snort. Min-Sun could just have written this herself. There was no proof it was Shin who had written this. “Go on”, Min-Sun ordered, because it got better.

“The 16th
We went on our first date today. I’m supposed to be nice today so I did. The date was actually really fun. Jonghyun tried to act like he ran the world but truth is, he didn’t had a place for us to eat. We ended up at a Mexican stand with a belonging band. The band decided to chase us with cheerful songs through the city. After that we kissed :3”

“What, did you stalk us or what? This is ridiculous”, Jonghyun smirked. “Just go on reading”, Min-Sun said.

Jonghyun skim-read through the notes. Nothing really convinced him that Shin had writte this until he read this:

The 29th

I really messed up. I’m sure he is going to dump me now. I disturbed his family dinner. His mum is really sick and maybe she’s going to die. I was really rude and he kicked me out. When I returned to his apartment to make sure that we were over, he asked me to stay. But I’m sure he just needed somebody to be with him. I’ll leave when he sleeps.”

Jonghyun stared at the paper. That Min-Sun could impossibly know about this. Not Kwan either. Shin and Shinee (lol) was the only ones who knew about his mother’s illness.

“Shin really did write this”, Jonghyun mumbled.

There was only one thing about the notes; Shin only wrote her basic actions. Not her feelings. There didn’t stand anything about how bad Shin felt, how much she loved Jonghyun and how much she wanted to stop playing games with him. In fact, there didn’t stand that she actually did stopped playing games with him.

Jonghyun’s and Shin’s eyes locked across the room. The other people at the party did not longer exist, neither did Kwan, Simon nor Min-Sun. It was only Shin and Jonghyun.

But unlike other times they locked eyes a small smile didn’t form on their lips. Instead, a tear rolled down Shin’s cheek and a deep frown formed on Jonghyun’s.

____________________________________

MUHAHAHA! I feel so evil about pausing this story here! xD Sorry guys, you’ll just have to wait :)))))
And Btw, just noticed how an awkward connection Shin and Shinee have. I should’ve considered Shin’s name further, lol ;D

I’ll see you about Friday, August the 3rd. Please hang in there guys :)

(What I’m trying to say: PLEASE DON’T  UNSUBSCRIBE GUYS!)

Thank you so much for reading <3

image