Groceryshopping with Simon

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

That night we ended up falling asleep on the floor. Or Jonghyun ended up falling asleep. His cute and peaceful face caught me and I couldn’t stop staring at him after that.

My sane side of me started thinking of an evil thing I could do to Jonghyun. I could wake him up by splashing water in his face. Or… Maybe blow him in the ears. My little sister always did that when we were younger and that made me insane.

I took one more peek at his face. Small snoring sounds escaped his mouth. I got up from the floor and tip-toed to the kitchen.

I stretched all of my body to reach the water glasses. I knew exactly where they were now. I was getting really comfortable in Jonghyun’s dorm. I had moved all of my stuff over here and I was practically never home anymore.

My friends had started to complain a little over the less time we spent together. I missed them too but I enjoyed Jonghyun’s company so much and I thought it was important for the bet to spend as much time with him as possible. I needed to be really sticky.

The water slowly filled the glass up. I turned off the tap and walked back to the sleeping Jonghyun with the glass in my hands.

I stopped when I was right over Jonghyun. I got ready to pour the water over him. I slowly tipped the glass but stopped when Jonghyun uttered a sound and moved on the floor.

“Mmm Min. You’re so impossible I don’t even know what to do”, He mumbled. “Then why don’t you break up?!” I murmured back.

I seriously did not understand why. I have been such a nightmare. All the other guys I know would have giving up on me a long time ago. But Jonghyun… He just seemed so sweet, almost too sweet.

Every time I acted badly he just looked like he mentally calmed himself down. He didn’t even yell back at me. What was wrong with him?

I looked at the water in my hand there was on the edge of pouring down on Jonghyun. In the last moment I drank the water myself instead.

“God I’m so weak” I sighed. Maybe that’s why Jonghyun haven’t dumped me yet. I always end up feeling bad after one of my outburst. Sometimes I even go back apologize to him or send him a sorry smile. And that’s just not okay! I should really practice on being a .

He might go around hoping I will chance back to how I was when I first met him. That I’m getting normal. Maybe he thinks I’m on a giant period?

I sighed an laid down beside him. I snuggled up against him and his arm automatically pulled me nearer his body. I sighed satisfied. “Just let me be weak a little longer…” I mumbled and with that I closed my eyes.

                                                                                       ***

“JONGHYUN!” I screamed at the sleeping him in the next morning.

He rubbed his eyes and opened them. “Mm?”

“How can you do this to me?!” I shouted.

"What?" Jonghyun said with a tired voice as I was an impossible teenage daugther. Except I was probaly worse than that.

"Don't act so innocent!" I yelled and turned to walk away from him.

Jonghyun got up from the floor and caught my wrist.

“So tell me, Min. What did I do this time?” He asked patiently.

“I think you know that” I said and turned away from him.

“I actually don’t but please tell me so I can apologize”, Jonghyun said.

"You know excatly what you've done!"

"How can I know?" Jonghyun asked.

I let out a huge sigh as it was him there was impossible. “I’m out of here!” I said and ran out of the apartment in my fake rage. Actually I didn’t know what Jonghyun had done either but I just needed to freak out to keep the bet going.

I walked down the streets of Seoul. The only reason I left the apartment was I needed to buy some groceries. That was the least thing I could do for Jonghyun to make up to him for all my troubles.

Actually I had shopped for him for a while now. I though hide that it was me shopping so he wouldn’t get too high thoughts about me. He was living happily in the believe that it was his mum there was stopping by with groceries all the time when he didn’t notice.

“Milk, butter, ramen…” I read the shopping list out loud to myself while I putted the different groceries in the basket when I passed them.

Just as I had grabbed the rice in my hand I had an awfully familiar voice.

“Don’t you think we are stepping over the line now?” Simon’s voice asked another guy.

By the sound of his voice I dropped the rice in my hands on the floor in shock. “Dammnit!” I murmured and looked up to see if they saw me. Luckily they were still talking seriously.

“No. If we are going to complete this we need to go all the way”, the other guy answered.

“What are they talking about? It sounds like they are making up an evil plan or something” I thought and sneaked nearer them to hear more of their plan.

They started to walk around in the store so I decided to follow them. This was too exciting to let pass. I ran from shelf to shelf and made sure they didn’t saw me. People there were passing sent me weird looks. I just laid a finger over my mouth as a sign for them to not comment on my existence.

As they stopped walking again I hide behind a shelf with tomato cans.

“But… I don’t want to hurt her. What If she’s happy with that guy?” Simon asked in a voice there sounded like he was forced out in something he didn’t want to do.

“There’s a girl!?” I thought. Why did I just feel like all my world collided? I wasn’t even with Simon. I decided to ignore the truth and kept messing to myself: “You’re over him, you’re over him, you’re over him”, as if I said it enough times it would turn into the truth.

“Bullocks! Don’t be such a scared little girl. If you want her, you need to fight for her”, the stranger guy said.

“He really is in love with somebody?” I thought. Jealousy rushed up in me and out of disappointment I hammered my hand into the tomato shelf. A loud “Dank” was heard over the store and everybody turned to look at me. Now the two guys discovered me.

I tried to escape them and run away but I missed a tomato can on the floor. I tripped over it and landed on my right in front of Simon and that stranger guy.

"Shin?!” Simon asked in disbelief and offered me a hand to get up.

I rejected his hand and got up myself. Simon and that other guy looked at me waiting for me to say something. Maybe and explanation why I was spying on them?

Simon’s face looked intense on mine. His dark eyes locked with mine and I got the feeling that he was reading all my soul.

In that moment I just wanted to escape into the past with Simon again. Escape back into the easy and yet so complicated high-school life. The world where you lived in your own little bubble only surrounded by crushes, rivals, friends and awful teachers. 

I could not stand looking at Simon’s face anymore. It was too painful. I knew if I stayed in that shop one second more I would end up kissing him. I wanted to so bad, but I also know it would cause even more trouble. If I kissed him my decision on Jonghyun would be ruined. Simon would probably end up hurting me again. I couldn’t complete the bet. The list of troubles it would cause was never ending.

Instead of excusing myself I just left my groceries in the floor and sprinted out of the store. I ran not knowing where I was going. I just ran.

 “Shin?” Cho asked when I barged into her apartment. I had turned my autopilot on and ran to the place where there always would be understanding.

Cho looked at my messed up face. Without even realizing it I had started to cry and I wasn’t even sure why. I think it was the mixture of the bet, Jonghyun, acting all the time, Simon and it just felt like all my world was going to collide.

“What happened sweetie?” Cho asked and showed me into her apartment.

“I-I” I stuttered. “Just get it out” Cho encouraged and patted my back.

“Did the dino mess up again?” Key asked as he came walking out from the bedroom as it was the most natural thing in the world.

I shook  my head. “I-it’s not him” I stammered. I have this thing about starting to stutter when I’m crying.

“So tell us”, Cho said.

Sooner than I knew, I sat on Cho’s couch crying and blabbering about all of my problems. Cho kept patting my back like I was some sort of animal and Key came with small comforting comments now and then.

When I finally finished Cho sighed. Then she looked at Key. “You know Jonghyun well right?” She asked. Key nodded confused.

“Can you tell us what the absolute worst thing a girl could do towards Jonghyun. And by worst, I mean a really really bad thing. A thing there would make Jonghyun really upset” ,Cho asked Key. “Because Jonghyun dumping Shin seems to be the only solution on this problem.”

Key seemed to think about it for a couple of minutes. Then an evil smirk spread upon his face.

“As much as I don’t want to take sides, I think I can come up with a thing that Jonghyun would hate.”

___________________________________

New chappie! ;D Sorry if it’s short… but I have a good news for you readers. I have finally figured out how I am going to get this story going so that probably means more updates! xD Please, tell me what you think? ;) 
 

This is how happy I am when you wonderful guys comment:

SHINee Taemin Cute Gif

You see? HAPPY! :D