The final result

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

Shin broke their eye contact and rushed out of the building. Jonghyun took it as a sign to follow her. He roughly pushed the people aside and hurried after her.

When he finally came out of the building Shin was nowhere to be found. It was completely dark and as well silent. Jonghyun got even more angry that he  was already.

She couldn’t just run away like this. Did she think she was Cinderella or what? Because in that story the prince chased after her, and hell to the no that was going to happen.

His thoughts were interrupted by a small breathing besides him. It was fast and anxious. Wether it was from crying or anger was not to judge.

For a long time they just stood like that, side by side, silent.

“How could you?” Shin finally whispered. Her voice was small and she was unsure if she asked destiny or Jonghyun. If Amor really was up there he should do his job better. This was unfair.

Anger over flushed Jonghyun and the soft part of his heart went on standby. “How could I?” Jonghyun repeated. Jonghyun hit Shin’s hand there was wiping her tears from her face away.

“Stop crying, you have no right to. You are just as guilty in this as I am”, Jonghyun said. Shin turned her body so she faced Jonghyun.

“My case was something different!” She yelled. She really felt like all her happiness were rambling down. Well, maybe it was.

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “Oh, how so?” He asked. Shin hesitated for a second because honestly she didn’t knew either. But Jonghyun’s arrogant smirk made her continue. He could at least act nicely and give her a chance.

“Yes?” Jonhyun mockingly asked. Wow, he turned into a jerk when he was upset.

“Yes”, Shin confirmed. “I stopped my bet okay? While you just continued. I stopped because…” Shin’s voice faded out in the night. “Because?” Jonghyun repeated.

Shin grew angrier and right now all she wanted was to make Jonghyun feel bad. “I LOVED YOU!” Shin screamed. It was the truth. Jonghyun’s smirk disappeared and the silence of the night dominated again.

“I loved you, ok?” She weakly repeated. Something about the past tense of her words made Jonghyun want to cry. He wanted to beg her to chase the tense to present. But an evil spirit inside him made him continue.

“And that’s your reason? That you stopped?” Jonghyun asked Shin. “Please then mine is different to”, he claimed.

“Oh, how so?” Shin copied Jonghyun. “You used me. My bet had no rules there said I couldn’t love you back. All this time you just struggled to get out of this relationship.” Jonghyun meant to sound angry but his voice cracked with sadness in the middle of the sentence. That was what hurt the most. “It’s almost like it can’t go fast enough before you get out of this relationship.”

Shin didn’t know what to answer anymore. “But yes, I admit it, you did a great job. You were a total ”, Jonghyun added.

“Say you? You were like this liqorize that won’t get out of your teeth”, Shin responeded back. “You know what, I change my sentence. You are a totally ,” Jonghyun said.

“I hate you”, Shin said like she told him about the new sale in Wallmart. She was a good liar. Well to others, she at convincing herself. Therefor she repeated herself in the hope she might believe it at some point.

“I hate you, I hate you, I hate you…” Shin wanted to scream when a voice inside her kept saying “I love you” instead. “I HATE YOU!” Shin screamed more frustrated than ever.

“I hate you too!” Jonghyun yelled. As much as her words hurt him, he could not let her see that. When she repeated it like that it was like she couldn’t tell him enough times.

 Shin basically wanted to drown herself in her own miserableness when Jonghyun said that. She had never known how much her own words could hurt when it was another person saying it.

“I wish I never met you!” Shin shouted. “I wish we never happened!” Jonghyun screamed as well.

And then silence.

Only silence.

None of them felt like cutting the bruise any deeper. Only their panting breaths from shouting were heard. You could hear the music blasting from the party like, but it seemed like another would now. A happier one.

“So…” Shin said just to fill the silence.

“So.”

“This is it then?” She asked. All anger were out of her voice now. “If that’s what you want?” NO sign of anger in Jonghyun’s voice anymore either.

“Is it what you want?”

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders. No one dared to place the dot. No one wanted to start the next sentence. Jonghyun chose to take Shin’s silence as a yes. This was what she wanted. She had been fighting for this since the beginning so finally she got it.

“Goodbye Shin”, Jonghyun said with a voice there was so empty for emotions and filled with them at the same time. Shin’s heart cracked in a million pieces.

“Goodbye Jonghyun.”

“Good luck with whatever your price is for this bet. You win”, Jonghyun said. Shin had never felt so sad about winning something before. ¨Neither of them moved. No one dared to move. If they did there was no way back. No more ‘JongShin’.

Shin hesitated but then she did it. She placed her right foot in front of the left foot and took the first step. And then the second. And the third. All in the opposite direction of Jonghyun.

Jonghyun watched Shin walk away. She looked like it was war for every step she took. Somehow she looked calm like that. But what Jonghyun didn’t know was that on the inside Shin ws screaming “please stop me”.

But Jonghyun was still. When Shin finally turned around the corner and disappeared of Jonghyun’s sight, Jonghyun whispered. “Congratulations Shin, you won.” Like she could hear him.

While others continued their busy night life in Seoul, two persons slowed down. They closed their doors and shutdown. Their tears flew like waterfalls. The worst part was that they didn’t even know who to blame for their miserableness.

It’s funny how your happiness, you thought was so stable, can crack into a million pieces within just a few seconds.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Guys! I am back from Italy! :D Next update is coming soon. (Already wrote it, just love to keep you hanging :P) Okay honestly, I’m just dying of curiousness about your opinions ;D