Key's skills

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

No one’s P.O.V

A text beeped in on Jonghyun’s phone. Jonghyun broke his lips from Shin’s and checked his phone.

In case you’ve forgotten the party is tonight. Be there, or the bet will be lost. Kwan”, the text read. Jonghyun hadn’t forgotten about the bet. It had been like a guilty cloud there always appeared on the heaven.

“Shin? Are you free tonight?” Jonghyun asked Shin. Shin looked up at him with a small smile. “Why? Are you planning something special?” She asked and got a small hope. A “real” date would be nice for once.

“Yeah…” Jonghyun nodded. “A… Friend of mine is throwing this party”, Jonghyun choked the word friend out. “Key?” Shin asked.

Jonghyun shook his head. “Nope, not this time. His name is Kwan. Can we go?”

Shin nodded. “Wear something nice”, Jonghyun smiled. “Don’t I always?” Shin teased. Jonghyun shrugged and send her a small smile.

He had decided not to call the bet off. Kwan didn’t say something about Jonghyun not could be in love with her and besides, after tonight the bet would be won and everything would be back to normal. It wasn’t like Shin ever would find out.

 

“What are you going to wear tonight?” Key asked Shin as he barged into their apartment. Shin shrugged her shoulders. She hadn’t considered it. She wasn’t that interested in clothes and she wasn’t going to impress anybody. Well maybe Jonghyun but he had already seen her bad sides.

“Show me what you got”, Key ordered and walked to Shin’s closet. Shin followed like a dutiful puppy.

Shin grabbed the red dress and showed it to Key. “I was considering this”, Shin said. Key flinched when he saw it and shook his head.

“Hopeless, hopeless. Am I really the only one left in this country with an awesome taste?” Key grumbled and rolled his eyes for no reason.

“You kinda look like a chicken with painter’s syndrome”, Shin commented. Key shot her a glare and grabbed her wrist. He started to drag her out of the apartment.

Jonghyun’s eyes followed them confused. “Where are you going?” He asked them. “I’m going to give this girlfriend of yours a makeover”, Key said.

Jonghyun pouted and showed them the ramen he just made. “What about these? I made them myself for no reason?” He complained.

Key nodded. “Yes, no one wants to eat them anyway”, he bluntly said and slammed the door close.

“Wasn’t that a little bit rude? Why do you always slam the door so hard?” Shin asked and looked back at the closed door. “I need to exit with style”, Key shrugged. Shin smiled and shrugged her head.
“Key, Key, Key, you’re one special person.”

 

Shin’s P.O.V

After several hours of being dragged from store to store they finally finished. i had gotten the perfect dress, says Key, new shoes, new makeup and new hair.

When I looked at me in the mirror I seemed like a different person. My black hair was now light red and I had gotten a fringe.

I admit that Key was good at it. I looked way better than before. Almost like one of those female idols. My body was filled with excitement when I thought about Jonghyun’s reaction. I was sure he was going to like it.

“Aren’t I great?” Key confidently asked. I was probably not supposed to answer that question unless I had a compliment ready.

“Yeh, yeh, you’re awesome”, I mumbled. Key had been like this all day. He was definitely in his best part when he was doing makeovers.

“Jonghyun’s picking you up in an hour. Do great, arasso?” Key looked at his watch. I nodded.

“I will be going now. Just sit on the couch and do nothing while waiting. Don’t ruin your makeup!” Key demanded. I held my hands up in the air and backed to the couch.

Key checked my look out a single time more and nodded, satisfied with the outcome of my makeover. “I’m so awesome”, Key mumbled and walked out of the door.

While I waited for Jonghyun an uncomfortable feeling grew in my stomach. Something told me that something was going to happen tonight. I was not sure if this was good a bad but after this night, things were definitely not going to be the same.

When the doorbell rang and Jonghyun welcomed me with flowers, the feeling hadn’t disappeared. Jonghyun looked really nervous too and almost sweaty.

“You look beautiful tonight”, Jonghyun smiled and looked at me. His weird face disappeared lighty but the frown on his face was still there.

___________________________

Gah… This chapter is so boring I almost fell asleep when I wrote it but I kinda needed it in my plot. Drama’s coming up in the next chapters! :D