The end

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

Excitement started to grow in my body. If Key’s idea really were good Jonghyun might finally break up with me. And I could get out of this crazy bet.

“So what is it?” I asked.

Key seemed to think for a bit. “Jonghyun’s very sensitive about is family. I mean really sensitive. If you act rude in front of them he will go crazy.”, Key explained.

“His family?” I asked. I haven’t really imagined that. I mean, Jonghyun didn’t seem like the family guy. Of course he cared about them I just didn’t know that they meant so much.

“So he would dump a girl if she’s disrespectful to them?” I asked him. It always seemed to easy.

“I am pretty sure about that”, Key said. “Today he is actually having dinner in with his dad. That would be a perfect time”, Key suggested.

“Well that’s it then. I will head for them now”, I smiled brightly and got ready to leave.

Just when I almost was out of the door Key ran after me. “Shin! Wait!” He shouted.

“What?” I asked.

“You can’t do this anyway”, Key said in panic.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What was he up to? I finally got a plan there might possible would work and now he’s going to backtrack.

“Key, I’m doing this no matter what you say”, I decided and turned to walk out of the door. Key grabbed my arm and pulled me back in.

“No, Shin please listen to me.  This is important. You need to stay away from Jonghyun’s place tonight”, Key said. “Jonghyun just texted me and--“

“Key. I am going now. Bye”, I cut him off and left. I knew it was rude but I really needed Key to not mess up my plans. I finally had a hope for me to get out of this bet.

I hurried back to Jonghyun’s place and barged into his apartment. “Hoooney I’m home!” I shouted in the most annoying tone over.

Jonghyun was sitting at our dining table with a man in a black suit that made him look very formal. Next to him a woman was sitting. She looked really old. All of her hair was grey, her skin was really pale and all of her face showed exhaustion.

Jonghyun’s eyes widened when he saw me barging in. “S-shin? What are you doing here?” He asked nervously and his eyes shifted from me to his dad and then to his mum.

“Son, who is this?” His dad asked with a cold and disappointed voice.

Before Jonghyun could answer I hurried to his dad. “Duh, I’m his girlfriend. Like how dump can you be?” I asked rudely. I actually felt a little guilty about saying that to Jonghyun’s family. My family was something I treasured the most myself, and I could imagine how I would feel if someone did that to me.

His dad furrowed his eyebrows. “Jonghyun?” He said and waited for an explanation. Jonghyun looked at me with the coldest gaze I’ve ever seen. I just sent him flippant smirk.

Jonghyun turned his attention to his father again. “This is… Shin. She’s my girlfriend”, Jonghyun hesitantly said and waited for his father’s anger.

“Girlfriend?” His father asked as he wanted to hear another answer this time. He obviously was not satisfied with my behavior.

“Are you deaf or something? I am his girlfriend. Problem?” I answered.

“SHIN!” Jonghyun hissed. I just shrugged my shoulders.

His dads face bowled in anger and he looked like someone who could burst with rage any moment. His mother just sat beside his father not taking part in anything. Her eyes were really foggy and she looked like she was on another planet.

I bit my lip in confusion whether to comment on his mother or not. She didn’t look like she was in good health. Maybe I would be stepping over the line if I said anything about her. On the other side, stepping over the line was the thing I needed for Jonghyun to dump me.

“Yah. What’s wrong with her? She looks like a ghost or something”, I said. Everybody became silent. 

“Hello? Are you still there?” I waved in front of the mum who just looked right through my hand.

“Yah! Are you dead or something?”

“THAT’S IT! WE ARE OUT OF HERE!” Jonghyun’s father yelled and jumped up from his chair. He helped his mother up and grabbed her hand.

Before the closed the door after them, Jonghyun’s dad turned and said: “Jonghyun, you can contact us when she’s out of your life.”

As the door slammed shut, silence filled the apartment. I was left in shock and so was Jonghyun. Jonghyun was probably shocked by his father’s harsh words, while I was shocked by his reaction as I said the word ‘dead’. Did I hit a sensitive spot?

“I-I didn’t mean to-“ I stuttered. By my words Jonghyun turned to me. His face was red in rage, his eyes showed so much anger and his fits were knotted.

I gulped and took a few steps back. My legs shook under me in fear of him. I had never seen him like this, and he scared the heck out of me. He looked like he could kill me any moment.

He opened his mouth. I expected yelling, shouting and rage coming out of his mouth but instead he only said one word, one word there spoke for a novel. “out” He said through gritted teeth. His voice was so cold that I practically could see the steam coming out from his mouth, like on those cold winter days.

“I’m sorry Jonghyun. I had no idea that-“ Jonghyun cut me off. “Out.”

“Please Jonghyun”, I begged and suddenly tears started rolling down of my cheeks. “Please let me explain. I just--“

“OUT!” Jonghyun screamed at me. My heart speed up and the adrenaline rushed in my blood. Not of romance but of pure fear. Like a deer being chased by the wolf.

 I didn’t say any more. I didn’t dare say more. I was seriously terrified of Jonghyun. I had never been so scared in all of my life. If I stayed any longer he might kill me with his eyes.

Jonghyun’s eyes looked at the door as a sign for me to leave before he would go crazy.

“Sorry”, I whispered one last time and then disappeared out of the door.

When I reached out of Jonghyun’s building I collapsed on the ground. I started crying like a little child. This was what I wanted. I had finally won the bet. Jonghyun just dumped me. But then, why did it hurt so badly?

_________________________________

Sorry for the chapter… But I highly expect one more coming tomorrow if not, then Sunday. What do you think? Btw, don’t think badly about Key because it was his idea. The explanation will come up later :)

A gif to go! <3

jonghyunconfetti.gif

I feel like I'm not telling you how thankful I am to you guys enough... 

But you should know how much it means that you take your time to read my story, comment and subscribe.

Thank you so much!! :D