Confusion

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

My eyes widened as I felt Simon’s lips on mine. Those soft lips I had missed so much moved against mine. He had no idea of how much I’d missed that feeling. My lips started to move as well. Simon embraced my body and pulled me nearer. I felt his tongue on my bottom lip. As the tip of his tongue begged for entrance I thought about what I was doing.

*I can’t be this weak* I pulled away from our kiss. Simon grabbed my waist. “Don’t deny it, babe” He moaned only focusing on me lips.

As much as I wanted to feel his lips again, I knew I couldn’t. Simon pulled me nearer and greedily touched my lips again. As much as I tried to pull away Simon forced me to keep touching his lips. His hands had a tight grip on me and I couldn’t escape.

“Let go, jerk!” I yelled and slapped his face. Simon looked at me shocked by me violent side. “What--“Simon didn’t get any further before I slapped him again.

All of my anger towards him through the years suddenly welled up in me. “Do you really believe I’m that easy?!” I said and slapped him for the third time. Simon didn’t pull away but simply laid a hand on his now red cheek.

“You are one big filthy idiot! You’re just using me, aren’t you? Well for your information I’m not just a lsut you can use whenever you want to!” I yelled and raised a hand to slap him one more time. Simon grabbed my hand in the air. He kept holding my hand that way and looked me in the eyes.

“I know Shin. I am really sorry and-“ I cut him off.

“Sorry my ” I coldly interrupted and hurried out of the ballroom. My thought where running on full speed in my head. *What happened to Jonghyun?* *Why did I kiss Simon back?* *Did I still love him?* *Is Jonghyun hurt?* All my thoughts where storming on maxi power.

I opened the door to Jonghyun’s apartment quietly. All the lights were turned off in his apartment. There were completely silent. I silently tip-toed to Jonghyun’s bedroom.

I took a peek in his room. There he was. Laying upon his duvet, his chin squashed as the chin rested on his pillow. I wasn’t able to see him properly as I didn’t dare to turn on the lights.

A small drop of drool rolled down his cheek. I smiled as gently wiped it off.

I walked back to the living room and laid down on the couch.  I didn’t know why I didn’t just sleep beside Jonghyun but it seemed like I would wake him with my loud thoughts there still where on maximum in my head. 

I closed my eyes. Automatically my finger placed on my lip. The one Jonghyun kissed so romantic and sweet. The one Simon kissed to intense and y. I wasn’t sure which one of the two lips my finger wanted to touch again. But I was sure at one thing: when I closed my eyes Simon appeared in front of me.

                                                                                       ***                                                 

I woke up dizzy and not in a good mood. My brain was still messy and the night had only made me more confused. All my dreams where focused on Jonghyun and Simon. It was like they were fighting over which one I should dream about. I wasn’t sure myself. It seemed like I had feelings for both.

A small piece of paper landed on my face as I moved. There were written on it with a messy hand writing.

“Sweet Shin. I’m off to work and will be home in the afternoon. I’m sorry I didn’t wake you but you looked so deeply in thoughts and very deep in sleep.

I prepared a little breakfast for you on the dining table. Remember to eat, right?

See you soon, Jonghyun”

I small smiled spread upon my face. How could he possibly stay that sweet? At that moment my heart decided for me. I couldn’t possible complete this bet. I was only going to hurt us both by doing that.

A plan started to take form in my head. I was going to work. Then I was going to talk to Mi-Sun about the bet. How much it would hurt, and we would get no good out of it. She couldn’t possibly be that mean and cold. Then the bet would be solved and I could live normal again. Then I could take my time to figure out my  love life.

I clapped my hands. Brilliant plan.

My eyes widened as I saw what time it was. I was going to be late for work. I hurried out of the apartment and ran down the stairs. “Taxi!” I yelled and waved desperately with my hands.

“So sorry I’m late” I panted as I arrived at the office. I made a curtsy for my chief. She furrowed her eyebrows and took a look at her watch.

“This is not good, Shin. You need to take your work seriously. You can’t just arrive as it fit you” Mrs. Kim scolded. She didn’t mention anything about it was the first time in 2 years I was late.

“If I see this again you’re fired, understood?” Mrs. Kim said and left for her office. I made a tired sigh and entered the huge office for all the workers.

As I sat on at my desk I saw Mi-Sun’s hair show over the small walls there separated each office. I stretched my body to see what on earth she was doing. I found Mi-Sun sitting on top of her desk in lotus position. She held her arms out as another Buddha with closed eyes. She hummed a little monotone melody.

“What the hell are you doing?”

She opened her eyes. She placed her hands together and made a bow for me. “Be greeted by the sun, dear Shin” She said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Is this a joke?”

Mi-Sun shook her head. “I’m preparing this program about the zen and spiritual lifestyle. I sorta liked the idea and now I’m just all caught up it. It’s so nice to be peaceful all the time” Mi-Sun explained and closed her eyes again. She started humming again.

“Look Mi-Sun. I need to talk with you about that bet” I started. Mi-Sun opened her eyes as I mentioned the bet.

“What?”

“I’m afraid I can’t do it. I’m starting to like the guy and I know how hard it would be if he found out” I explained and send her my begging look.

Mi-Sun folded her arms in front of her chest. “Do you really think you can back out this easy?” She asked mocking.

“Yes…?” I tried.

Mi-Sun smirked and shook her head. “Nope darling. If you back out now you’re going to lose AKA I win and can take all the honor of your work the next WHOLE year” She smirked. She made a smale waved with her hand as she gestured me to come in. “But go on and back out now. It would only make me happier” She smiled.

Wow, that Karma-thing definitely didn’t make her nicer.  “Mi-Sun please? I can help you with all of your projects. We could be a team, maybe? So then you at least get half of the honer for our work?” I suggested.

Mi-Sun shook her head. “Nope”

I sighed. “Pleeease sweet sweet Mi-Sun? It will break his heart and mine too. Come on, what good do you get of two broken hearts? He’ll probably cry for months” I begged. Okay maybe the last thing were sort of a lye…

“Nope.” Mi-Sun answered stubbornly.

I sighed. “Fine.” I said and walked away from her. The I turned around.

“I really hope Karma slaps you in the face before I do” I smirked. Mi-Sun rushed down from her desk and hurried to the nearest window. She opened it and waved with her hands as she tried to get the air out of the room.¨

“What are you doing?”

“Getting the negative energies out of the room” Mi-Sun answered as it were a really naturally thing to do. I shook my head and went back to my own small office.

No matter how much I tried to focus on my work I failed. My thoughts kept wandering  back to Simon and Jonghyun. I could choose Simon. Live in a risky relationship. I would definitely love him really much but I might get my heart broken one more time. 

I could choose Jonghyun. Live in a relationship with a really sweet and forever loyal boy. I would love him really much too. But our relationship could end very badly. My time might me limited with Jonghyun.

I sighed and smashed my head down in my desk. What the hell am I going to do?

A text message beeped in on my phone: “Hey sweetie. Wanna meet up and clear things out? I miss you so badly. Love you, Simon”

I smiled. That was kind of sweet. Maybe he didn’t just wanted to use me for my lips.

Then my eyes fell on a commercial on my computer screen. “Come and visit our Mexican stand!  We will serve you delicious hotdogs Mexican style and play music for you” It read.

Now I smiled even bigger. I remembered Jonghyun’s “spontaneous” date where we ended up being chased by the Mexican band.   That was so cute and effing funny.

I sighed another time when I realized I just had gotten more confused than before. 

“Sounds like Karma is slapping you in the face several times” Mi-Sun smirked in her lotus position.

“Shut up” I grumbled.

I found my phone again and texted my best friend Cho.

“Hey sweetie. Can I come over tonight? I have some problems to fix”

A text immediately beeped on from the other side. It said of course. I then called Jonghyun.

“Hi” Jonghyun answered his phone.

“Hi it’s me Shin”

“Hey, what’s up?” Jonghyun asked. He suddenly seemed kind of distant when he heard my name. Was he still down from yesterday?

“I won’t be coming home tonight” I said.

“Why?”

“Um… I…” How was I going to say this.

“Simon?” Jonghyun blurted.

“No no! I’m just having a sleep over with my friend” I explained.

“Oh…” Jonghyun said and sounded embarrassed.

“So see you?”

“Yeah” Jonghyun said. Why was he so weird today?

                                                                                       ***                    

“Hi Chonnie!” I shouted as I entered her home. “Hi sweetie. I’m in here” She shouted back. I followed her voice  to the living room where she was snuggling with a familiar boy.

“Key?”

The boy looked up. “” He rudely greeted me.

“Yah! Don’t talk to my friend like that! She is having a hard time now!” Cho scolded her new boyfriend.

“And why is that?” Key mocked.

“She has this bet about a boy” Cho started to talk without knowing Key and I knew eachother.

“Really?” Cho caught Key’s attention.

Cho nodded. “Yep. She has a bet about she can make a guy dump her within a month” Cho told.

“Cho please stop talking” I tried to stop her. Key waved her off. “No, this is exiting” He said and shot me a knowing glare.

“So what’s more?”

“So she just have to act really annoying and like a complete ” Cho explained.

“I’m sure she’s doing that part fine” Key grumbled.

“What?” Cho asked.

“So tell me is this guy’s name Jonghyun?” Key asked. “Yes! How did you know that?” Cho asked surprised.

Key got up. “So you’re just using him?! Are you aware of what you’re doing to him?” Key shouted at me.

“Yes and I’m sorry” I said.

“Don’t you know he’s falling for you? Don’t you know how sad he will be when he finds out?” Key yelled.

“Please don’t tell him!” I shouted in panic. Key looked at me for a second.

“So you’re using him?” He asked suddenly very calm. I nodded.

“He is just a bet for you?” He asked again. “Yes” I honestly nodded.

“So you’re practically playing games with him?”

I nodded once more. “Well this could end up being really interesting” Key determined. Key looked thoughtful for a moment. Then a creepy smile appeared on his lips. Soon he cracked up and laughed really hard.

Cho and I was left really confused. “What’s so funny?”

Key kept on laughing. “Yah! What’s wrong with you?” Cho shook Key. Key finally stopped laughing. He turned to me. “Good luck with your bet” He said with a creepy smile once more.

“Oookay…” I said confused. Wasn’t he supposed to be mad at me?

“So when did this happen?” I changed the subject at the hugging couple. “After you left with Jonghyun that Friday we kind of start talking” Cho admitted.

“So it’s been on so long without telling me?!”

“Kind of” Cho embarrassed said. “Aish!”

Key suddenly got a serious look in his eyes. “Shin?”

“Yeh?”

“If you don’t want me to tell you have to promise me  a thing” Key said.

“1. Complete this bet with him and then you either tell the truth or leave him forever.” Key decided.

I nodded.  “Then go home to him now and complete it” Key said and pushed me out of Cho’s door.

I opened the door to Jonghyun’s dark apartment once more. This time I found him one the couch in the living room. I smiled. Maybe Jonghyun was the right choice. He couldn’t possibly hurt me.

I laid beside Jonghyun and snuggled up against him. “Mmmm” Jonghyun mumbled in his sleep when he noticed me there. He pulled my closer. I kissed his forehead. “Wasn’t it a sleepover?” Jonghyun mumbled with a sleepy voice.

“Nah…” I just answered and sealed his lips.

On the other side:

A manly figure appeared in front of Simon. He was really tall and got a lot of muscles. He had an un-pretty face and looked like the type you would change pavements for.

“Hello Simon” The guy said. “H-how do you know my name?” Simon asked suddenly nervous.

“I have my ways” The guy said. “Who are you?” Simon asked. The guy smirked. “We’ll take that later”.

“So I see you want Shin, right?” The guy asked. “H-how did you know?” Simon asked scared for the tall man. Was he stalking him?

“Just answer. Am I right?” Simon nodded. “So you want to ruin the relationship between Shin and that bastard Jonghyun right?”

“S-sorta. But I’m not really the mean type” Simon said. “Do you want her or not?” The guy asked.

“I want her” Simon answered. “Well then you will need to destroy their relationship” The guy explained.

Simon thought about it for a second. He really wanted Shin badly and besides how much could it hurt with a little word in the game between Jonghyun and Shin? Simon nodded in agreement.

The guy smiled. “Well then you can call me Kwan” He said and held out his hand for Simon.

_________________________________________________________________________

I tried to make the chapter a little longer and more exiting today because it’s my birthday tomorrow (Woop-Woop! ;))and then I probably won’t update. So I hope you’ll enjoy this chapter.

Please comment. Just a sincle line, word, even a smiley will do JI really won’t bite. It doesn’t have to be good things just say your opinion We can call it my birthday gift? ;)

Thanks for reading/subscribing/ comment :)