Prom

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

I tried to look really buff and walked out in the living room to Shin. She shot me and completely innocent glare. “What happened honey?” She asked me and smiled cutely to me.

“What’s wrong?” Shin asked me innocent. “Are you seriously asking that? You have no manners at all!” I shouted. Shin looked at me and blinked her eyes in confusion. “Look at this” I said and made a wave with my hand. “The fact that you got your own key is worse enough but that you completely changed my apartment is just not okay!” I shouted in anger.

“Don’t talk to me that way! I’m actually being really nice here!” She shouted back. “Nice!? Is that what you call it? Walking around digging in my personal stuff!? This is my apartment!” I yelled.

Shin looked down and started crying. *Nice one, Jonghyun*

“Don’t cry! I’m sorry babe” I said and calmed myself down.

“You don’t love me. You want me to move out” She sniffed.

“What? No! I just don’t think it’s okay that you do all of this without my permission” I explained. I tried to pull Shin in for a hug but she backed away. “Y-you don’t love me” She cried. I sighed. “I…” It seemed like the four letter word was the only word there could calm her down. They were just so important. I wanted to say them to a person I really loved. Someone I wanted to be with for forever. It looked like I could forget about that.

“I do love you” I said. Shin looked up at me with big eyes. “You do?” She asked doubting. I nodded. “Why don’t I take you out for dinner tonight to make it up to you?” I asked.

“I’m sorry I can’t. My friend and I are invited for some  old-student’s-prom at my old high-school. I have to go” She said and actually looked like she was sorry for once.

“Prom?” When I heard the word prom it brought up painful memories. When I was in high school Kwan ruined my night. When I went to my date’s home she had already went with Kwan. The truth is, I had never been to prom.

“Yes. You know: Dresses, buckets, dates, cars, dancing and so on?” She smiled. “Yeah…” I mumbled and stuck my hands in my pockets. “Of course you know. Everybody’s been to prom” She said.

“About that…” I avoided her and looked away. “What?! Have you never been to prom?” Her draw dropped. “Not really” Shin’s eyes widened. “Really!?”

Shin’s P.O.V

My eyes widened. So he was a prom ? I grabbed his hand. Maybe I should be nice to him this night. He even told me that he loved me.

“Go with me” I said. He looked up from his feet he was staring at. “What?”

I got down on my knees as a boy would do in high school. “Will you, Kim Jonghyun, follow me to prom?” I asked. “You mean that?” Jonghyun asked and a big smile formed on his lips.

I nodded. “Meet me tonight at 6 pm in a tux” I said and hurried out of his apartment.

                                                                                       ***

The doorbell to my apartment rang. I opened it confused. Jonghyun stood out there smiling and waved at me. “I thought I would pick you up instead” He smiled.

“That’s sweet if you. But how did you know where I live?” I asked. Jonghyun smirked. “I have my ways” He said. I chuckled. *He is getting like me now*

“You look really beautiful tonight” Jonghyun said and looked at me in amaze. I smiled. “Thank you. And you too” Jonghyun looked really handsome in his black tuxedo. Just like a K-pop star on the red carpet. (J)

“Shall we?” Jonghyun said and offered me his hand. “Such a gentleman” I smiled. Jonghyun smiled at me and led me to his car.

As we arrived at me old high school all the memories flew back and hit me right in the face. I think everybody who has been in high school know the many memories: the ups and downs, the first kiss, your first friends, the fights, the bad and good grades,  the first time your crush looked at you, the teachers, the skipping lesson, the rivals and I could go on forever.

My thoughts where on one particular person at that moment, Simon. I hated him yet I loved him so much. We were together from junior year to almost the end of senior year. Our relationship went really well. I was so in love with him. But then out relationship slowly fated. I asked him if he really wanted me, our love. He got angry and let me go. It happens to most of the teenagers couples but he treated me like afterwards. He ignored me like we never happened, like I was a stranger, like I was nothing. That indeed broke my heart. He didn’t even try to fix our relationship or at least stay friends with me. He is the only person I have ever truly loved. And that person stood right in front of me, right now.

“Shin” Simon said. “Simon” I said with a cold voice. “Nice to see you again” “Are you aware that you actually are talking to me?” I said and skipped the formal bull. Simon ignored my rude comment. He looked at Jonghyun. “Who is that?” He asked.

Jonghyun smiled and stepped forward. “I’m Jonghyun, nice to meet you” He said and held his hand for Simon to take it. Simon ignored his hand. “Whatever” Jonghyun removed his hand again.

“So, Is he your new boyfriend?” Simon asked and eyed Jonghyun. “Do you honestly think that’s your business?” I answered him and pulled Jonghyun away from Simon.

“Who was that?” Jonghyun asked confused as we walked into the huge room where the party were thrown. “Just a jerk I used to know” I lied. “Oh” Was all Jonghyun said but he turned his head 180 degrees to take a look at Simon.

“So this is prom?” Jonghyun asked and took a look around. “Yeah, I guess it is. Kind of cliché but the truth” I said. The room was decorated in awful colors there didn’t match at all. The dance floor were crowded and no one could really move. In the middle of everything couples were swallowing each other’s tongues. In the corners couples were fighting and breaking up. Girls hurried out in the bathroom crying. *Looks like nobody has grown up*

“So do you want to dance?” I asked Jonghyun. He hesitated and looked out of the crowded dance floor. “S-Sure” He said but didn’t look like he really wanted to. “If you don’t want to it’s okay” I said. He looked at me surprised, probably because I was way sweeter than I had been to him for the last days.

Jonghyun shook his head. “No, I don’t want to disappoint you. But be warned, I’m not a good dancer” He said and led me to the dance floor. “I’ll show you” I said.

I placed Jonghyun’s one hand of my waist and another on my shoulder. “Just step with me in a square” I explained. I started to take a little step back and Jonghyun followed. I took another step to the left and Jonghyun followed me again.

“Ouch!” I said as he stepped on me foot. “Omo! I’m so sorry. Are you okay!?” Jonghyun said and took a look at me. I couldn’t help but chuckle. *Talk about being paranoid about another mood swing*

“Yes, I’m fine. It’s okay we’ll just try again” I said. Jonghyun looked at me for a second and then smiled. “What?” I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know you just seem happier today than usual” Jonghyun said.

I smiled. “Well, I’ve been kind of troubling the past few days haven’t I?” I asked. Jonghyun looked away. “Maybe a little” He mumbled. “I’m sorry about that”

Our dance got easier and Jonghyun cached the rhythm. He swirled me around and pulled me tighter to his body when he grabbed me again. “You’re doing great” I whispered. I could feel his warm breath oh my mouth and his heart beat against my chest.

My lips parted as a sign for him to kiss them. Jonghyun slowly leant in a hit my lips softly. His silky lips moved against mine and my lips followed. I could feel his eyelashes on my cheek. I separated my lips and the tip of Jonghyun’s tongue hit mine. Our tongues started to dance as our bodies stopped.

My hands grabbed for his hair as Jonghyun’s hands embraced my waist. He lifted my body up and carried all of my weight as our kiss continued.

“Yah! Get a room!” People around us shouted. “W-we shouldn’t be doing this here” I managed to say even though all of my body urged to kiss him more. Our lips slowly parted and my cheeks started to blush as I saw how many people there were looking at us.

“I’ll just go getting us a drink. Wait here” I said and escaped the dance floor.

Jonghyun’s P.O.V

I was left on the dance floor breathless. That kiss was… Amazing. Yet I was confused at the same time. Why was Shin so sweet all of sudden. A voice in the back of my mind warned me. *Don’t fall for her Jonghyun. She is just a bet* I knew it was the truth but my heart didn’t stop beating.

I could feel a gaze on my back and turned around. “So… You’re her new victim, huh?” Simon smirked and walked up to me. “What do you mean?”

Simon let out a little laugh. “Can’t you see she’s just acting? She doesn’t love you at all” Simon said. “What are you talking about?”

“She can only and will only love me” Simon declared. “Why do you believe that?” I asked and furrowed my eyebrows.

“When Shin loves a person she turns into a whole new girl. She is always happy, bubbly, never mad, will do anything for the person, laugh at him if he screw up, is easy forgiven and I could go on forever” Simon smirked.

A pain rushed through my chest. That description didn’t fit with the Shin I knew at all. She was practically always upset. Except for today and the first two days. Maybe he was right?

“Shin doesn’t love you, okay? We’ve been together for almost 4 years. She was madly in love with me. Did she tell you that?” Simon asked. I shrug my head. “Another sign that she’s not over me. She’s not ready to tell people about us”

“I-I need to go” I said and rushed out of the building. A tear streamed down my face. I angrily wiped it away. *Don’t be a girl* I scolded myself. Why was I even crying? I wasn’t supposed to fall in love with her.

Shin’s P.O.V

I saw Jonghyun talking to Simon when I walked back to him with our drinks. Jonghyun ran out of the room with a hurt look on his face. I didn’t need to think twice before I knew what Simon had told Jonghyun. He had always been the jealous type.

“Stay away from Jonghyun!” I yelled and pushed Simon. Simon turned around and looked at me. “Getting violent, huh?” He smirked. “It’s okay to hurt me. Hurt me as much as you want, but don’t ever touch Jonghyun! He had not done you anything!” I yelled.

“He is an ” Simon coldly answered. “You don’t even know him! I cried for you for months. I begged you to come back but you ignored me completely! You treated me like trash!” I cried.

“That’s what you are”

“Why are you acting this way? You never used to be cold like this! Why are you hiding the truth?!” I screamed in frustration. Simon suddenly looked me in my eyes.

“Do you want the truth, Shin?” He asked and got nearer my face. I nodded.

“Losing you was the biggest mistake in my life” He said and then his lips hit mine.

___________________________________________________________________

Please please please comment!? :)