Awkward! And a little bit of romance

Please dump me! It's a bet

 

We entered the small room. Jonghyun’s mother was covered by tubes that helped her breathe. A constant beeping machine stood right next to her, and was the only one that broke the silence.

Jonghyun walked over to her bedside and gently grabbed her snow pale hand. Her eyes fluttered open and she squinted her eyes when she saw Jonghyun gently smiling at her.

“Jonghyun, is that you?” She asked with a very weak voice. Jonghyun smiled when he heard her calling him his real name. “Yes it’s me. How do you feel?” He asked her and gently a lock of her grey hair away from her face.

I kept myself in the background. I stood in the corner and watched the two of them. I didn’t want to interrupt them.

Jonghyun’s mother didn’t answer the question. “Where’s Jae-Hwa honey?” His mother asked. Jonghyun let out a small sigh. “Mum, Jae-Hwa is still in America, remember?”

Jae-Hwa must be Jonghyun’s brother. I had never met him and now I maybe knew why. (A/N Jae-Hwa is pure fiction folks ;-))

”Why would he be in America without even telling me?” His mother asked. Her eyes were filled with confusion. “He is working with business over there. He’s been there for 2 years now, mum”, Jonghyun kindly explained.

His mum refused to believe him and shook her head. “No no silly boy. Aren’t you a little too young to lose your memory already?” She joked. She followed it by a tiny laugh.

Jonghyun looked like he could burst out crying every minute now. “No mum—”

I interrupted Jonghyun before he could explain any further. “Just smile”, I whispered to him. There was no point in correcting her anymore. Jonghyun listened to me, and send his mother a dry smile there never reached his eyes.

Jonghyun’s mother didn’t noticed because she was now staring at me. “Who is that, honey?” She asked and pointed at me with her old finger.

“Annyeong. I’m Shin”, I smiled and offered her my hand. Even though she was sick, doesn’t meant that I had more reasons to not make a good second impression. She could obviously not remember the first time we met. Luckily.

She smiled at me and grabbed me hand. Instead of shaking it, she kept it in hers. Her hand was ice cold and so skinny but the feeling was nice. Jonghyun looked down at our hands and smiled. He finished the chain by connecting my hand with his. Jonghyun’s hand held mine, which held his mums, which held Jonghyun’s.

“Is she your girlfriend, Jonghyunnie?” She asked Jonghyun but she was still smiling at me. Jonghyun nodded and smiled. “Yes she is, mum.” He fondly raised our hands so his mum could see they were intertwined.

“Well that’s very stupid”, her mum bluntly said. Jonghyun and I looked confused at her. Jonghyun furrowed his eyebrows. “Eh mum, I don’t think—“ Jonghyun started but his mum interrupted him and sent us a big grin.

“Not like that silly boy”, she chuckled and playfully hit Jonghyun’s arm. “Why aren’t you two married yet?” His mother asked. “Jonghyun you are very stupid. If a girl takes time to visit someone like me with you, you should marry her right away. Anything else would be pure stupid.”

Both of our cheeks heated up. “Eh…” Jonghyun mumbled and scratched his back. His mother shook her head before he could talk any further. “Just get started and search for that ring”, she smiled.

Well this was awkward.

 

After a little while we were done at the hospital and were now walking home. Our hands were intertwined and it felt like our relationship never had been stronger. It was like we had this secret bond between our souls. We didn’t even need to talk to know what each other thought. Or at least it felt so.

“Thank you Shin”, Jonghyun said. “Huh?” I looked up at him. He kept walking but smiled at me. “I don’t any other girl would have chased after me in a situation like that. And would have been able to stop me when I was going crazy”, Jonghyun said.

“Imagine if you hadn’t been there. I might have had a brain hemorrhage by now”, Jonghyun chuckled. I chuckled a little myself.

“It’s like you knew I needed someone to be there for me without even telling you”, Jonghyun said.

Jonghyun stopped walking and turned out bodies toward each other.

“Shin I’m serious when I say this to you. Even though I love the guys and my family, the feeling I get with you are different. I don’t think I’ve loved anybody as much as I love you. Don’t ever disappear out of my life”, Jonghyun said and kissed my lips.

Simon’s P.O.V

“Sometimes I wonder what’s going on in Jonghyun’s head. Has he forgotten about the bet or what?” Kwan asked himself as we looked at the two of them making out.

I knew I was supposed to feel jealous but I didn’t. Instead I spend my time looking at the angry Kwan. If you removed all of his bitter layers I knew deep inside there was a kind person, even beautiful. Every time he gave me credit for something I got a warm feeling inside my body. But I couldn’t let him know that.

 _____________________

Thanks for reading! :D And for commenting. They are AWESOME! xD Uh, and subscribing! :D Makes me happy! (and dancing a little pathetic dance like our very own Onew! ;))
onew_1.gif?w=700&h=