FAMILY MAN

Hello to Myself

 

 

It was almost two weeks already after Zico and Dasom last talked. Kyung and Dasom haven't seen each other for almost a week as well after their date. She became busy balancing her school, career and other life so her schedules are basically eating her up. As her stay in BNS is almost up, she took the time to minggle with the trainees who were busy preparing for their debut and Block B's comeback.

 

 

 

She was busy cleaning one of the practice rooms when suddenly Yeonju and Junhee entered the room. Dasom was mopping the floor with her Dr. Beats head phones on while rapping so when they came she didn't noticed them. Yeonju and Junhee watched their unnie in amusement as she was bobbing her head left and right while rapping, dancing and mopping the floor all at the same time.

 

 

 

"Dasom unnie is amazing!" Yeonju squealed when Dasom finished the song. Junhee also laughed and clapped with her co-trainee.

 

 

 

"What the??" Dasom turned her head from the direction of the noise and saw two cute girl clapping for her.

 

 

 

"You guys heard me?" Dasom asked almost crying at her question.

 

 

 

"Nae unnie. You were amazing. I didn't think that you would like rapping." Junhee retorted as they ran towards Dasom.

 

 

 

"I was practicing that song too. Your voice is amazing! Let's cover the song since Juni J here doesn't want to do it with me." Yeonju offered Dasom and pouted at Junhee who just poked her pout.

 

 

 

"But...." Dasom was not able to finish her sentence when the two dragged her away and took her cleaning materials.

 

 

 

"President CHO PD would be so proud and surprised because of this. Let's go!" Yeonju animatedly squealed as they dragged Dasom to the recording booth.

 

 

 

The girl entered the recording room and to their surprise, Zico, Kyung and Minhyuk were there. Zico was seated in front of the booth while Minhyuk was inside and Kyung is on the couch. Kyung stood up and ran towards the girl then helped them drag Dasom inside.

 

 

 

"That's a wrap hyung. You can tell Jaehyo and Taeil hyung to come in already." Zico ordered Minhyuk not noticing the commotion behind him.

 

 

 

Minhyuk shook his head with a grin towards their direction before drinking his bottle of water and coming out of the booth. He approached the girls while Zico just ignored them and continued remixing the voices that they recorded.

 

 

 

"Dasom you owe me a date." Minhyuk said and winked at her dongsaeng. The girls pushed her to him before they hid behind Kyung. Minhyuk caught her in his arms before he wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

 

 

Kyung cleared his throat and kept his greasy smile plastered across his face and looked at Zico's direction. Their leader kept working as if he heard nothing.

 

 

 

"Just text me when you're free and I'll treat you out." Dasom retorted blushing while palming her face and looked away.

 

 

 

Zico heard her voice waver which is unusual for her so he knew that something was going on. He stopped working for a while to listen to the conversation of the people behind him.

 

 

 

"So what brought you girls here?" Minhyuk asked and twirled Dasom around before resting his chin on her shoulder with a grin.

 

 

"Please move away you're making me feel uncomfortable." Dasom said and lowered her blushing face. Minhyuk snickered and cheekily pecked her cheeks without the other people in the room noticing.

 

 

 

"After you kissed me passionately that night, a hug still makes you feel un-com-for-ta-ble?" Minhyuk teased Dasomby whispering it to her making her feel more shy. Dasom blushed even more and fixed her black plastic glasses then lowered her hoodie.

 

 

 

"Anyways, we should get going. You guys are using the studio so we should just leave." Dasom said and dragged the two girls in their arms pulling them away from Kyung.

 

 

 

"Wait! What were you here for?" Kyung asked while chasing them.

 

 

 

"We wanted to record a cover of CHO PD's Family Man so we came thinking that the recording booth is empty." Yeonju retorted shyly.

 

 

 

Kyung gripped on Yeonju's arm making Dasom stop and look at him. Kyung's greasily smiled at them.

 

 

 

"We're done with the recording booth but Zico will be staying there to mix everything. We should ask his permission but I'm sure he'll allow you guys to do it. Leggggggoooooooo~" Kyung squealed and pulled Yeonju and Dasom while Junhee followed behind them.

 

 

 

"Hey Honey~ the kids wants to borrow the recording booth." Kyung squealed as he dragged the girls inside. He was already putting Dasom and Yeonju inside the recording booth leaving Zico no choice.

 

 

 

"You know that I'm still recording something right?" Zico asked and rolled his eyes on Dasom and Yeonju.

 

 

 

"Junhee can record for them, she know her way around the mixer so just hand her the seat and go." Kyung replied while Junhee nodded.

 

 

 

"What song are they going to cover? And why is Dasom .. Inside? She's not even a trainee." Zico asked stuttering after he mentioned her name and glared at Kyung.

 

 

 

"She's a rapper so why not?" Kyung casually retorted and gave Dasom two thumbs up with a toothy grin plastered across his long face.

 

 

 

"WHAAAAATTTT?!" Dasom screamed in her high pitched voice making Zico's ear ring in pain.

 

 

 

"What the f***?" Zico screamed angrily and glared at her. Dasom bowed while Kyung snickered.

 

 

 

"If you don't trust Junhee, I'll do it for them. They'll just record the first verse of Family Man. Junhee can take a video instead." Kyung said pulling Zico off his chair but his best friend remained firm on his seat.

 

 

 

"I don't trust you either. I'll do it." Zico retorted and open his microphone, making Dasom and Yeonju hear his voice clearly.

 

 

 

"No ing screaming while you're inside the booth! Okay?!" Zico screamed at them and the two girls nodded.

 

 

 

"Raise the pitch a little higher before making them sing, since it's for Taeil Hyung it might be too low for them." Kyung suggested and watched the two girls inside the booth.

 

 

 

Dasom watched Yeonju who was excitedly wearing her head phones while the other noticed how awkward her unnie was. Yeonju placed the head phones on Dasom.

 

 

 

"We're just having fun so don't worry. Okay?" Yeonju assured Dasom who just nodded her head.

 

 

 

"Can Dasom even sing?" Minhyuk asked and approached his dongsaengs then looked at Junhee who was busy with her video cam.

 

 

 

"Well Yeonju can sing, so does this mean that she'll rap?" Kyung asked and looked at Zico.

 

 

 

"Dasom can sing... I think. I haven't heard much of it though. She's a musician by intruments." Zico retorted and wore back his head phones then looked at the two girls who were waiting inside the booth.

 

 

 

"I'll play the adjusted music and so listen first then tell me if it's too high or low before I adjust for you guys again." Zico said and earned a nod as a response from the two girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aco-gD0r3fo

 

 

"Unnie just enjoy this. Okay?! Fighting!" Yeonju murmured and Dasom sighed before she nodded.

 

 

The two of them listened and nodded in approval before they actually sang it. Zico played the song again so Dasom just shrugged to release her tension. He opened the speakers for everyone inside the room to hear them clearly.

 

 

 

Jaehyo and the rest of Block B entered the room and saw Dasom and Yeonju inside the booth. Kyung gave them hush signs making them nod in silence. Zico just watched and recorded everything.

 

 

 

Yeonju started with her singing then Dasom rapped her part out surprising everyone with her big deep voice. Kyung nodded while listening while Zico covered his mouth keeping a smile to himself. Yukwon, Minhyuk and Jihoon listened carefully while Taeil closed his eyes to fully listen to their voices.

 

 

 

Dasom was there inside the booth rapping awkwardly while Yeonju smiled trying to stop herself from laughing. Soon it was Dasom's turn to sing and she surprised everyone with her singing voice as well. Junhee recorded everything and waited for the two to come out.

 

 

 

 

"What do you think?" Kyung asked Zico.

 

 

 

"I like Yeonju's rapping better. I think that her voice is more suitable for rapping." Zico just said and continued with his work.

 

 

 

"But Dasom's rapping is not bad too! I envy her big voice." Kyung defended his friend. He took her hand and intertwined his fingers with her.

 

 

 

"It's alright. He's right." Dasom said and smiled while giving his hand a light squeeze.

 

 

 

"I agree with Jiho." Taeil said and looked at their leader.

 

 

 

"For a first time rapper, I think noona did great." Jihoon said sided with Dasom and Kyung.

 

 

 

"What I meant was, I'd rather hear Dasom sing than rap." Taeil replied.

 

 

 

"She's not bad for a first time rapper but she still needs more practice and like I said, I still like Yeonju's rapping voice better." Zico retorted and looked at Dasom with a poker face.

 

 

 

"Yeonju's rapping voice is heavier than Dasom's which is seldom in female rappers. Dasom's voice is big but I think it's because her voice is naturally husky." Zico added.

 

 

 

"No need to critic her harshly, it's not like she's going to train here in BNS right?" Jaehyo sided Dasom who just kept her own poker expression on.

 

 

 

"Rapping.. Hip hop.. Is just a music genre that I liked. I'm shifting back to the classics so don't worry. I'm fine and I agree with them. Yeonju surprised me with her amazing voice. I love her rapping." Dasom retorted and smiled at Kyung and Jihoon squishing the maknae's face.

 

 

 

"If she rapped the second verse I'm sure it would have sounded y. Her voice is suited for slower raps unlike Zico's fast speed raps." Yukwon commented and Minhyuk nodded.

 

 

 

"Can't wait for her to cover Mino's mixtapes. LOL." Kyung stated and laughed while the others chuckled.

 

 

 

"She's the female P.O." Jaehyo stated making their maknae blush.

 

 

 

"I agree. They're both our aegi." Taeil replied and nodded.