Chapter 03: PRESENT :”>

Hello to Myself

 

Three years after you graduated from high school and you are now in the US. You’ve been living there on your own as your father was busy running the company. He is now with another woman and the thought of it is something you hated so decided to move out from his house. He allowed you to do everything you desired as he feared losing you too. He just married your step mom to fill the “gap” that your mom “left” and keep the “perfect” family image that you had.

 

 

Hello yeogin icheon shibi nyeon iweol

Aju chuun gyeouriya

Where are you eolmana gakkai wa inni

Geu torok weonhadeon kkume

 

Yeogi nan ajik neomeo jigo tto ulgo

Dashigo jichyeoseo

Ireoseol himjocha eopseo

Geu chiman neon nal bogo utgetji

 

Your phone rang and you looked at it, as usual it was a call from your dad. You immediately picked up the phone and answered it.

 

 

 

          “Happy third anniversary DAD!” you sarcastically said after he greeted you with his usual phone greeting.

 

 

         

          “Are you finally going to visit your mom?” He asked and still you heard the same sound of loneliness in his voice.

 

 

 

          “I’ll be going to the river soon. So don’t worry about it.” You replied to his inquiry and looked outside the car. The buildings were all unfamiliar to you and the hot smell of spices started to captivate you.

 

 

 

          “Finally you were able to open up to her. I hope it goes well. Bring her flowers for me. Eunjung and I will go to your mom’s favorite river in Japan later.” Your dad said.

 

 

         

          “Can’t you go alone?” You bitterly asked him. As you were looking out you saw these group of men who were noisily eating from food cart, the same one that called out your attention.

 

 

         

          “She said that she wanted to come with Sakura. Sorry but I have to go now sweetie. I’ll call you again soon.” Your father retorted and ended the call.

 

 

 

You looked pissed because your Dad hanged up on you. Thanks to the traffic, your temper got worst and your car stopped in front of the guys that you saw. You rolled down the window a little bit more and kept looking at the food cart.

 

 

         

          “Come out and eat with us!” A guy who flashed you his greasy smile squealed at your direction. The five guys who were with him looked at her direction.

 

 

 

          “Noona let’s eat!” Another guy who had a deeper voice called out to you. He had fish cakes and spicy rice cakes in his hand and showed them to you. He was smiling at you just like the first one who called out earlier but it was just an innocent smile, totally different from the derp that was with him.

 

 

 

          “IDIOTS!” you screamed at them and then rolled up the window. You chuckled and eventually laughed.

 

 

 

          “YAH~~ Come back here you freak!~~~ I understood what you said!” You heard the guy who’s greasy smile turned into a shocked expression responded in English which made you laugh even more then your car moved towards Han River.

 

 

 

          “They might not be a group of Idiots after all?” you asked out loud and just listened to a Kanye West song.

 

 

 

          “Please don’t scream like that outside again young mistress.” Your butler who is just two years older than you said.

 

 

 

          “I’m eighteen already so stop calling me young mistress already. Call me by my name for heaven’s sake.” You retorted and rolled your eyes on him.

 

 

 

 

KYUNG’s POV...

 

 

 

          “Come out and eat with us!” I screamed to a beautiful girl as and my flashed greasy smile squealed at her direction. The other five guys who were with me looked at her direction.

 

 

 

          “Noona let’s eat!” Jihoon who had a deeper voice called out to you. He had fish cakes and spicy rice cakes in his hand and showed them to her. He was smiling at her just like I did but it was just an innocent smile, totally different from my awesome killer smile.

 

 

 

          “IDIOTS!” She screamed at us and then rolled up her car’s window.

 

 

 

          “YAH~~ Come back here you freak!~~~ I understood what you said” I yelled as my greasy smile turned into a shocked expression responded in English which made her laugh even more as her car moved towards Han River.

 

 

 

I looked at the others and they were all laughing at me. Taeil hyung almost got choked with the food he was eating so Jaehyo hyung had to give him some water. Minhyuk hyung resulted to violence and started tapping Taeil’s back roughly but it did the magic and hyung can finally breathe properly again.

 

 

 

          “When will you ever get tired at picking up pretty girls from the streets kyungiee?” Yukwon hyung asked me with his childish grin.

 

 

 

          “At least there was a variation this time. He called out someone who is inside a car. Who knows, he might try doing it with a girl who is riding a bicycle?” Minhyuk added and I glared at him.

 

 

          “We even got called Idiots!” Jaehyo said and lightly spanked my head.

 

 

 

          “I can’t believe I got dumped too.” Our maknae said as he sulked but continued eating. We were all coming home from training. It was early dismissal for us since CHO PD hyung had to go meet up with up with a certain someone. He looked really excited too I wonder what’s with him.

 

 

         

          “What happened here? Why do you guys look like a bunch of idiots who are eating rice cakes?” Jiho asked out loud as he approached us.

 

 

 

          “Hyung got dumped again!” our maknae tattled on me again. I’ll make sure he doesn’t get to eat his ice cream later. Just wait you Pyo Jihoon.

 

 

 

          “That’s not hep hap baby~~ come here and eat already.” I said trying to avoid the topic. I placed my arm on Jiho’s shoulders as he approached us.

 

 

 

          “It’s not something new is it?” Jiho responded and ate off from my plate.

 

 

 

          “Where did you come from?” Jaehyo hyung asked our leader who seemed to be in a better mood. He’s usually grumpy and hot headed but I can guess the reason why he is being like this. Heh~~

 

 

         

          “I picked up my kitty from her spa.” He retorted and turned around showing us the content of his back pack. We all saw Hello Kitty’s head sticking out from it.

 

 

 

          “More like dry cleaners!” Minhyuk responded and teased our Jiho. Surprisingly Jiho just ignored hyung and continued eating. I just watched them as they pigged out before going home.