Chapter 13

Hello to Myself

 

The sound of the bell caught Dasom's attention but she ignored it and went on her own business. In the cashier she found an old man who was cleaning a violin. Her eyes were attracted at the aged looking violin. Tempted to play it, she just took a deep breathe and looked away.

 

 

 

"Would you like to play it miss?" the man with gray hair asked Dasom. She immediately blush because she didn't think that it would be that obvious.

 

 

 

"Ma-may I?" Dasom asked shyly with a smile and a blushing face.

 

 

 

"Sure. Why not? I can tell by your fingers that you're a really good musician." the old man retorted and handed her the violin as she looked at her own fingers.

 

 

 

"I'm not good but I can play." Dasom said and took the violin. Her fingers were slender and long but almost caloused and rough. They were almost rough but she began taking care of them so they look better than they were before.

 

 

 

Dasom positioned herself and violin then she started playing. Chopin's Tritesse (Song of Parting) filled the small room. It sounded so soft, serene, gentle and almost bittersweet but pleasing to the ears. Both the man and Dasom couldn't help but close their eyes. Dasom felt like crying but she got surprised when suddenly someone started to accompany her. She followed the music only to see that in one corner of the room was a boy playing in a up right piano.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3fRre_8N0E

A/N: Please play the music so you'll know what I mean .. XD hahaha. 

it is just a short clip not the entire song though but it's pretty :DD

 

 

 

She felt as if it was so magical because she was able to immediately be in synch with a person she doesn't know. A smile formed on her lips and soon the song ended and she didn't even notice until the man suddenly tapped her shoulder and gave her a light pat.

 

 

 

"You were great!" The boy said and flashed a genuine smile on her. She blushed because she got surprised at his sudden touch that she shivered. The old man noticed and scolded his grand son.

 

 

 

"Seungho! Stop touching her! She got startled." The old man said and spanked the boy's head with a rolled news paper.

 

 

 

"Ani-. It's okay. Here's the violin and the payment for the things that I bought." Dasom said and gently returned the violin to the old man.

 

 

She took her things and immediately ran out of the shop but Seungho followed her and pulled her by the arm causing her to crash on his chest. She winced at the sudden impact and caused her to drop the things that she bought. She held her head for a minute before she saw him picking up the items that she dropped.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry." Seungho said and looked up but it made him hit her head. Dasom almost cried in pain because her head is suffering but instead she laughed.

 

 

 

"It's okay." Dasom retorted and kept on laughing lightly. She kept on picking up the things that she dropped.

 

 

 

"You're weird. I bet other girls would have screamed at me already but you, you just laughed it off." The boy said as he stood up and fixed his glasses.

 

 

 

"You want me to scream at you?" Dasom asked with a pretty witty smile.

 

 

 

"Andwae. I came to give you your change. You paid too much for the items you brought." Seungho replied and handed her everything she dropped.

 

 

 

"Gomawo. I'll get going then." Dasom said and bowed at him. As she turned to go, Seungho stopped and called her again.

 

 

 

"Miss! Wait. What's your name? I'm  Yang Seungho by the way." He said as he reached out his hand for her to shake. He fixed his big black glasses and smiled at her with a blushing face.

 

 

 

"Me? I'm Lee Dasom." she replied and was about to reach his hand but he took his hand away and wiped it on the green apron he was wearing and shook her hand. Dasom rolled her eyes at him but smiled.

 

 

 

"Are you angry at me? I'm sorry. It-it is j-just that I was dusting old books and things so my hands are dirty." he stated and looked down with a heavy sigh.

 

 

 

"Don't sigh. I was just joking. I'm not mad."  Dasom said and tapped his shoulder then lifted his chin so that he will see her smile.

 

 

 

"You played Chopin's Tritesse earlier..." Seungho stated but trailed off. Dasom smiled at him when he saw him blush.

 

 

 

"Is that bad?" Dasom asked.

 

 

 

"Andwaeee.. I like it. No I love it. There are people who doesn't appreciate Chopin's pieces when they are played in an instrument other than the piano. I love it." He said enthusiatically surprising Dasom by the sudden change of his mood.

 

 

 

"You must love music very much then." Dasom said and bowed at him. Dasom smiled and waved him good bye then turned to go. She completely forgot about Zico earlier and just enjoyed good music there.

 

 

 

"Dasom! Wait!" Seungho called out again and ran towards her.

 

 

 

"Wanna have some cakes and tea in the shop?" Seungho shyly asked her and she chuckled.

 

 

 

"I have to go home. People are waiting for me." She said and saw Seungho pout.

 

 

 

"But if your offer doesn't end today, I can always comeback and eat the cake that you have there." Dasom said and winked at him causing his face to turn into multiple shades of red.

 

 

 

"You can comeback anytime! You can play again. Please wait for me." Seungho excitedly said and held her hands for awhile. Dasom looked away when she felt her cheeks warming up.

 

 

 

Seungho immediately ran inside their shop and came out with a piece of old news paper and garden scissors in his hand. Dasom approached him and watched him as he chopped some flowers in front of their shop. She tried to stop him but he ignored her.

 

 

 

"Here, take these roses home. Don't worry about them. I planted them myself so it's okay my grand father would not get angry." Seungho said and gave the bouquet of red roses to Dasom. Dasom pulled Seungho into a hug and he immediately blushed.

 

 

 

"Thank you for making me feel so much better Seungho." Dasom replied and released him. He immediately blushed when he heard her mention his name and nodded.

 

 

 

Dasom started to run away and Seungho waved at her good bye. His heart beat is beating really fast that as soon as her back disappeared he fell to the ground on his knees. His grand father came out and looked at him.

 

 

 

"I knew these flowers would be of some use someday." the old man said and looked at the plants that Seungho grew ever since he was young.

 

 

 

Dasom went to the grocery with a paper bag on one of her hands and a bouquet of red roses on the other. In Block B's dorm, a visitor came with unexpected gifts for Zico. Block B allowed the man to enter their house and interviewed him about their lady guest. He also helped them in cleaning her room as well.

 



 

HELLO YEORUBUN :DDD

sorry for the short boring chapter. XDD

I just want to show you guys that Dasom is not really a monster that Zico claims her to be.. XD LOL

He was just kidding .. XD half meant though .. XD kekeke

 

I've been fan girling Seungho oppa and Jinwoon oppa (AGAIN) lately so forgive me and I hope you guys don't mind. XDD hehehe

 

 

"for those interested, this piece (this is just a sample) was Written by chopin after the failed polish uprising against the Russians. Chopin was in France at the time, and after the uprising failed and its leaders executed Chopin wrote it as a tribute and farewell to Poland. although he never outwardly said so many believed he would never return to his home while it was in russian hands.

He was quoted as saying it was the most beautiful piece he had ever written."

-----feldspardelta21 (Youtube user)

 

don't you agree it's so beautiful right?

at every parting there's always another path that opens up for us.

just like when we dream, we might not reach the original dream we envisioned but somehow we will find ourself realizing another dream that is as beautiful or if not better than the one we had in mind.