Flash back: Nichkhun, Dasom and Zico

Hello to Myself

 

A/N:

 

I got the idea of this chapter from this performance TT.TT

I love this version of this song, sadly more than the original. 

 

I hope you can listen to his sweet voice and imagine that it was Zico in his position.

he's the JAMAICAN BEGGAR after all -_- *laughs*

 

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6__AfRUmWQ

 

 



 

 

"Dasom!" Zico called out as he waited for Dasom to walk out from their gates. He was about to approach her when suddenly a car passed by and stopped in front her house. A guy who looked like a prince came out and welcomed the girl who didn't seem to notice him. He hid behind a post across the street and watched as the two conversed. The sun was brightly shining that winter morning but for him it was like a cold winter night already.

 

 

 

"Oh Nichkhun oppa!" Dasom replied and bowed to him. Nichkhun returned the gesture and swiftly took her bag.

 

 

 

"Hi sweetie. Let's go to school already~~" Nichkhun said and smiled at her. He faked a yawn and placed an arm on her shoulder grinning like a child.

 

 

 

Dasom chuckled at his action, she eyed his arm and was about to move away but Nichkhun pulled her closer to him. They both laughed and he told his servants to go away already.

 

 

 

"I'll take him to school today so please don't worry about him. You can leave now." Dasom said and bowed to Nichkhun's butler. The butlers bowed back and left.

 

 

 

As soon as the two were alone already. Dasom pulled down the beanie Nichkhun was wearing. She laughed and pulled away from his side hug but the guy pinned his hands on her waist and forced him to face her.

 

 

 

"Do I look more handsome this way?" Nichkhun asked while chuckling and tilting his head to the sides giving Dasom a view of his new style. She just spanked his forehed lightly and laughed.

 

 

 

"I won't say it's handsome but it makes you much more less annoying." Dasom said and tried to remove his hands away from her waist.

 

 

 

"Annoying? Who is annoying tell me?" Nichkhun asked faking his anger and pulled her closer to him.

 

 

 

After Nichkhun knocked his forehead on hers, now they're standing so close to each other that they could feel each other's warm breath. All Zico could do was boil in anger in his place. He was contemplating whether to intrude in their moment by just pulling her away or punch him first and kiss her on the spot before pulling her away.

 

 

 

"You were not eating last night when you called me didn't you?" Dasom asked as she rolled her eyes and chuckled as if there was a meaning behind her question.

 

 

 

Nichkhun his lower lip and bit it when he heard her question. He couldn't help but chuckle as well as he slightly lifted his beanie revealing his eyes and looked at her. He stared at her eyes and then at her lips. After his lips again, a chuckle escape from his sweet, watery lips.

 

 

 

"Wanna skip class today with me? Do something more fun, something like what you accuse me of." Nickhun seductively whispered to her ears. His lips accidentally brushed on her ear.

 

 

 

ZICO: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Don't take her innocence away!?????!!!!!!!!

 

*He thought as he gripped on the post, burying his nails into it and almost leaving a mark on its calloused form*

 

 

 

"I'm not interested, you cheeky boy!" Dasom retorted and poked his lips then chuckled. She couldn't hide the shade of red that tinted her cheeks though.

 

 

 

"Someone is waiting for me. I better go." she said and pulled away from Nichkhun.

 

 

 

She walked away from Nichkhun with a smirk on her face. But to her surprise, he pulled her back into a hug. Dasom chuckled and rolled her eyes then faced him. She cupped his face and pulled him close to her. So close that their noses are already touching each others and the distance of their lips is only a strand of hair away.

 

 

 

Seeing this, Zico went and approached them. He pulled Dasom away from him and punched Nichkhun in the face. To his surprise, she went to his side and defended him.

 

 

 

"Oppa! I'm sorry about this. Are you okay?" She asked Nichkhun and looked at his bleeding mouth where Zico's punch landed. She used her hanky and wiped the blood on his face then turned to Zico.

 

 

 

 

"What do you think you're doing?" Dasom screamed at Zico. She was already on the verge of crying.

 

 

 

"What do you think am I doing? Are you blind? I am taking you away from him." Zico said and pulled her away.

 

 

 

Seeing this, Nichkhun felt the need to pull Zico's arm and punch him in the face as well. His fist landed on his mouth as well and the attacked guy released Dasom's hand. Now confused by what's happening, Dasom went to Zico's side but was pulled by Nichkhun away.

 

 

 

"Let's go we're going to school!" Nichkhun said and pulled Dasom. He took their bags that was on the floor on one hand and lifted Dasom on the other. He carried her on top of his shoulder like a sack of rice. She just sighed as she watched Zico looked at him take her away.

 

 

 

Why didn't you do anything pabo? I didn't even know that you were there. I've been so lonely lately but you've been ignoring me ever since Nichkhun oppa came along. Dasom thought as tears started to form in her eyes. She just watched him in the mirror as his image disappears from her sight.

 

 

 

"Are you okay?" Nichkhun asked and checked on her from head to toe with worried eyes.

 

 

 

"Yes, I am. How about you?" Dasom retorted and checked on him as well.

 

 

 

"I'm fine. That dude can seriously punch. He made me spit blood earlier. He didn't need to punch me though right?" Nichkhun retorted and cupped his jaw, flexing his facial muscles in the process.

 

 

 

"Well he didn't know that all of those were just an act." Dasom replied and tried calling him but he is not answering his phone. 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Zico did not do anything when he saw Nichkhun take Dasom away. He didn't dare do anything after seeing her look at him with so much worry and care. She never looked at him like that before. His eyes that were filled with anger and jealousy a few moments ago is now shadowed with loneliness, sadness and the thought of being alone.

 

 

 

"Aissshh!! This is so stupid!" Zico screamed and stomped on the ground. He went over to his bag and leaned forward to reach but ended up sitting in a fetal position as he ran his hands through his hair, destroying the fixed style it had earlier.

 

 

 

"Why am I even being like this?" He asked and ruffled his hair even more. He picked up his bag and went somewhere else instead. Just like that he walked along the lonely streets not being able to give her his surprise.

 

 

 

"And he just had to ruin this day..." Zico mumbled unconsciously while he walked not knowing where to go. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dasom and Nichkhun reached the school already. They had to separate since he was a student on the different building. He brought her to her classroom though. She didn't want him to but he wouldn't give her bag back.

 

 

 

"We're here so hand me my bag already." Dasom snappily said as she put her one of her palm in front of him while the other one on her waist. Leaning on the door, she waited for him to hand her purple back pack which he did.

 

 

 

But he did not only give her the bag which he carried for her, Nichkhun also gave her forehead a peck too. Dasom froze in place and Nichkhun leaned toward her ears which were already crimsoned. He went to one of them and whispered.

 

 

 

"Don't worry about him, if he really loves you, he'll come back to you but if he doesn't, remember that you have me."

 

 

 

Love? Zico love her? The thought of it never crossed her mind but it was something she dreamed of. For her, it was a dream far from reality, something that she wanted but she couldn't have it since he showed no interest in her.

 

 

 

"He will come around this is our school after all." She retorted as she shrugged off the thought.

 

 

 

It was then she noticed the squeals of envy from the girls and sound of gasps from the boys that their little moment stirred. She looked up to Nichkhun and he rubbed her cheeks with his signature warm smile and replied.

 

 

 

"Being with you is not a bad thought, spending the rest of my life with you may be the most beautiful decision I'll ever make in this life of mine but taking you away from the person who you love and will you love back is the most selfish thing I can ever do as a man. We'll think about it and let's talk about it later in our dinner. Nae? I have to go. I'll be late again. My charms might not work on my professor again this time. So bye princess~" he said and ruffled her hair but fixed again before he left.

 

 

 

Dasom remained standing there like she's seen a ghost. Nichkhun is her prince, her Thai prince, the one who protected her when she needed it but why is her fairy tale so darn wrong she thought? She should have liked him back and they'll get married then live happily ever after. But for her it was so wrong, it was the opposite to be exact. For her, it goes like this. Once upon a time, she saves a bullied boy named Jiho who ends up becoming the love of her life but he doesn't even her feeling for him. Every day for her is another episode of a cat and mouse fight. Sometimes she wins, sometimes he does but at the end of the day, whenever she would see his adorable smile on his face, her heart would always jump from happiness and swallow its pride when she doesn't even want to.

 

 

 

The bell rang the girls who claimed to be her friends pulled her back of their room. Gushing over what Nichkhun did for her, what he said to her, they pulled her and safely landed her on her place, the seat beside the window. Their teacher entered and already started the class but her focus isn't on him or the subject that he was talking about. It wasn't about Zico or Nichkhun either, it was all about herself and love.

 

 

 

How can love be the most painful thing she ever experienced? Being able to stay with him and endure the pain whenever he would talk about other girls, plan his days without her, tell her about how his heart got broken and stepped by other girls. For her it was a matter of knowing how long will she be able to endure and accept that kind of life.

 

 

 

She remained in her deep thought when suddenly, Jiho entered the room and she saw his swollen jaw. He uttered no word and went to his seat which was beside her. Their teacher was about to nag and rant on him but another teacher called him out saying that they have an emergency meeting. With that, the teacher left their class and gave Dasom an ample time for her thoughts.

 

 

 

She stood up and was about to go to the roof top where she would hide whenever she didn't like how the things were going on with her life---before she met Zico. It then made her realize how much she depend herself, her life, her days and happiness on him. But before she could say anything more or walk out of their room, a pair of slightly calloused hands pulled her into a hug. Is this real? She thought or was it one of her another fantasies that her mind created to protect her from the pain and reality that Zico doesn't love her.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry for making you cry and punching him. I just thought that you didn't want the things that he was doing so I came and thought of returning the favor by protecting you back. It was the first time that I actually throw a fist at someone but I think I'll be doing it again soon if he doesn't change his ways around you. I'm sorry, I just didn't want my best friend to be taken advantage of so please forgive me already." he said as he nuzzled his face on her long raven hair that felt so long that morning as he ruffled her hair.

 

 

I didn't want my best friend to be taken advantage of ... The thought kept replaying on her mind. So I was always the best friend never the lover and possibly will never be. She just rolled her eyes and bit her lips trying to stop the tears from coming out of her eyes but she couldn't. She looked down and silently cried on her own while Zico remained to be on her side oblivious as to what her thoughts might already be.

 

 

 

He then released her from the hugged and swung his jacket which seemed to be protecting something. He took her hands and handed it to her. Dasom felt the light bulky rough thing and unwrap it from the cloth that was hovering it. She then saw a huge bouquet of white roses made from paper. She then noticed the hand that handed her the gift. She looked at it and saw band aids of different colors and shapes. Zico pulled her outside of their room and brought her to the rooftop. When he noticed that her brown swollen eyes were still fixated on his hands, he raised her head knocking his forehead on hers and looked at her eyes.

 

 

 

"I since I thought that wouldn't be able to afford to buy you an expensive bouquet of fresh red roses for today, I made them for you." He said eyeing the paper roses on her hands. Dasom bit her lip and rolled her eyes again action which seemed to become a reflex reaction already whenever she wants stop herself from crying.

 

 

 

"But what if it rained? Then I wouldn't have these roses with me already. What would have you done?" She questioned not knowing the reason why.

 

 

 

"I would've protected it the same way I protected you earlier. I won't let anything or anyone harm the precious you." he mumbled fighting the extreme urge to slam and pin her on the wall then kiss her until she forgets Nichkhun's name.

 

 

 

"Pabo~! You're so dramatic!" she retorted and hugged him as she eventually cried.

 

 

 

"Happy birthday Dasom. It's already been a year since we met and I'm glad to have secured a permanent place in your heart." Zico mumbled and patted her head in his hug.

 

 

 

I love her. I love her already and I'm sure of it. But how can I tell her that when the odds of her choosing me over her way of life is so little. I can't promise her expensive dates. I can't buy her diamond rings and designer clothes. I can't give her anything that would be as much or even equal to the quality of lifestyle she's having now. Then there comes her prince charming who came for her from a foreign land just like in those story books that I never became fond of. He's going to take her away from me and there is nothing I can do but show her my sincere heart. Telling her would be meaningless since it might only end causing her pain. Zico thougt as he enveloped her in his arms. He wished for the time to stop just like those who in the movies but just like them, their love story became sad and time, the director of everything called ''cut'' and made them separate.

 

 

 

When Dasom and Zico returned back to their room, the eyes of people around them were glued to their hands. Whispers and sounds of gossips, questions and backstabbing remarks filled the heavy air. First it was Nichkhun, now she has Zico who's next they wondered. Not wanting to involve Zico with her personal enemies, she tried to pull her hand away from his but he gripped on her hand tight and intertwined their fingers.

 

 

 

"Let them be. It will all end soon. Words are just words. You have me." he assured her and glared at the rows of girls who are talking about them.

 

 

 

I have you? Dasom thought and asked in her mind. I have you ... But for how long? After you find the one you'll love, the day I'll dread the most, you'll go and leave me. Then just like before I will be alone .. Again. The thought of being all alone didn't bother me before but after you came into my life everything changed. The thought of life apart from you is the worst punishment I could ever have. My definition of alone, what is already...

 

 

 

ALONE ...

 

A day of not talking to you ...

 

A day of not seeing you ...

 

A day of not hearing anything about you ...

 

A day of not being able to witness that childish smile which is my anesthesia to my pains and suffering ...

 

 

ALONE, in my dictionary is not having Woo Jiho in this lonely life of mine.

 

 

LOVE became a terrible thing, it became the source of my fear and suffering, of my insecurities and my pain.

 

 

 

The day in their school ended and as they were walking outside towards their school gate, a swarm of fan boys ambushed them. Zico was about to tell them to go away but Dasom lifted on of her hands signaling him to stop and calm down so he did.

 

 

 

"Noona for you. Happy Birthday!" the first year students said as they gave Dasom a huge Cinamoroll plush and a cake.

 

 

 

Zico was about to take them but Dasom handed him her "flowers" instead. He just nodded and sighed as he sent deathly glares towards the younger men.

 

 

 

"Thank you. I'll eat the cake well. You shouldn't have bothered." She replied and bowed to them with a generous smile. The younger men who have seemed to have tasted a piece of heaven blushed in their place and nodded, unable to produce sounds from their lips.

 

 

 

Dasom and Zico bowed to them and continued walking. Zico looked at Dasom but her face didn't give away anything. She's so good at hiding her feelings, a skill she learned years already and he hated it. But it was only him who's able to break that wall of ice and see her heart clearly.

 

 

 

"So how will we celebrate when we're carrying a lot of stuff like this?" Zico asked as he eyed the gifts that Dasom received that day. There were flowers, toys, chocolates, scrap books and letters of different sorts. He was already carrying half of it plus his flowers for her.

 

 

 

"Let's just eat and go to a Karaoke bar later. It doesn't matter anyway... As long as I'm with you." Dasom mumbled the last part and sounded incoherent to Zico's ears.

 

 

They were outside the gates when suddenly the same car that stopped earlier this morning ambushed them. Zico just scoffed and Dasom stopped walking. Nichkhun appeared with a bouquet of red roses, the same one that Zico wanted to give her.

 

 

 

"Oppa!" Dasom greeted.

 

 

 

"Happy birthday baby girl. I forgot to greet you earlier." Nichkhun replied and landed a peck on her cheek.

 

 

 

"Let's go." Nichkhun said and pulled Dasom away but this time she struggled. But before she was able to say anything, Zico spoke.

 

 

 

"It's alright, I will just drop by this things to your mansion later." He stated and started walking.

 

 

 

"Thank you bro." Nichkhun said and laughed. He gestured his men to take the things that Dasom was carrying. Zico walked fast and soon and he was out of their sight almost immediately.

 

 

 

Dasom just rode the car with Nichkhun. Once their inside the car that's when she began crying. Nichkhun just pulled her into a side hug as he tapped her head gently as she cried on his shoulder. She just cried and never said anything until Nichkhun told his driver to stop the car somewhere quiet and told him to get off.

 

 

 

"Is there anywhere you want to go to? I can drive us there." He offered seeing that her mood is not getting any better. Dasom lifted her head and shook it.

 

 

 

"Ani. It's alright. I just want to go home already." She retorted and wiped her tears away and flashed Nichkhun a smile.

 

 

 

"But it's your birthday baby girl!~ We shouldn't let it end just like that! Let's eat dinner. We're eating udon." Nichkhun retorted and called his driver back in.

 

 

 

The two of them went to another prefecture to eat the udon that he craved for. They were waiting for the food when suddenly Dasom spoke.

 

 

 

"Waiting for Zico... It's tiring. He pulls me away but then there are times that he would push me off to limits already. I'm tired, I didn't even know how this love started but I just want to know whether it will already end." Dasom said as she started to lose hope on Zico. She drummed the table by taping it with her fingers.

 

 

 

"So does this mean that you're already agreeing to be officially my girl friend?" Nichkhun asked and flashed a grin as he placed a hand on top of Dasom's securing it warmly.

 

 

 

"I'll think about it some more. I still have time though right?" Dasom asked and pulled their hands closer to her face. She rested his hand on her cheeks making him cup her face.

 

 

 

"Alright. I'll give you more time." Nichkhun said as he pulled his hand away from her cheeks and patted her head.

 

 

 

"But for now let's eat!" Nichkhun said as splits a chopstick in two and handed it to her.

 

 

 

After eating, it was already 11:45 pm when they reached back Dasom's place. Dasom got off of the Nichkhun's car carrying the red roses that he gave her. The other stuff that she was carrying is already sent over to her house while they were in a halt earlier before they ate their udon.

 

 

 

"Happy Birthday Dasom, although I wish I gave you a better party than what we did today. It was kind of boring but spending time with you is the best part of it. Sleep well okay? Just rest your heart and your mind tonight. I'll be here when you need something or someone to cuddle with you tonight. I'm just a phone call away." Nichkhun assured her and wrapped his arms around her.

 

 

 

"I'll remember that always. Go home already. It's late." Dasom said and chuckled as pushed him towards the direction of his car. Nichkhun entered and waved her good bye. She waved him good bye as well and his car left.

 

 

 

Dasom was about to enter the gates of her house already when she noticed someone sleeping in front of a pole. He was laying on top of the snow filled road as he cuddled a big bear. His body was almost fully covered by the cold snow when she found him. Dasom ran towards him and dug him out.

 

 

 

"Zico are you an idiot? Pabo! Wake up or you'll die! It's cold! Wake up!" Dasom said as she shook his body and started to remove her sweater.

 

 

 

Zico slowly opened his eyes and was surprised to see that Dasom was already there. He was wondering whether it was a dream but he felt her rubbing his arms so he knew that it's real, that she's really there with him.

 

 

 

"I was waiting for you so I guess I fell asleep. I'm sorry." He said as he shrugged. Dasom placed the layer of clothes she removed on top of him.

 

 

 

"You're really stupid! You should have waited for me inside of our house instead! You really like to make me worry! You stir my heart and then clogs them with different emotions of different levels. I hate you Zico! I hate you!" She replied as she breaked down and cried.

 

 

 

Zico pulled her into a hug. She rested her on his chest and spanked it as she talked.

 

 

 

"You love making me worry and you always make me cry. Is it really that much fun to play with my feelings?" Dasom asked as she cried. Zico slowly sat up and made her face him.

 

 

 

They were under the shade of the street lamp as the snow continued to fall. Zico cupped her swollen and red tinted cheeks as he wiped her tears with his thumb. A smile formed on his face as he pulled her cheeks into two different directions.

 

 

 

"You're the birthday girl. You shouldn't cry. I'm sorry for making you worry. I'm a pabo. You must be tired of having to look out for me always. Give me any kind of punishment you wish to give me." Zico replied with a weak smile as he pulled her closer to her. He kissed her forehead and closed his eyes then removed the strands of hair that was covering her face. He didn't removed his lips blubber that was touching the soft and smooth forehead that belonged to Dasom and they just remained like that.

 

 

 

"You have to sleep in my room tonight. That's your punishment." Dasom retorted as she pulled him up and took something out from her bag.

 

 

 

"Wait!" Zico said and wrapped Dasom's her clothes again. He picked up his things and took the bear out.

 

 

 

"Happy Birthday Dasom!" He said as he flashed her a grin and handed her the bear, the white roses, earlier and a notebook which had a CD inside it.

 

 

 

"You shouldn't have bought this bear. It is expensive. It would be okay even if you gave me nothing." She replied but stopped when she saw that he was just looking at her and pulled him into a hug.

 

 

 

"I didn't have anything much, but I wish I could've bought you red real roses. I couldn't buy you anything decent with the limited source that I had. Compared to your prince, I have nothing except my music and my voice. Anyways, I still wish you a Happy birthday and many more birthdays to come." Zico said released her from the hug only to see her crying again.

 

 

 

 

"Like I said earlier, it didn't matter if you gave me nothing on this day. Your mere presence is already a gift that I'm grateful for.

 

 

 

It's only 11:59 pm so I'll accept your presents. Thank you. I'll treasure them forever. I have a gift for you too. Happy first anniversary best friend." Dasom said surprising Zico.

 

 

 

She knocked his forehead with hers and looked down not wanting to look him in the eyes. She tug his shirt indicating him to come closer which he did and her hand returned to her back pocket. She took something red and wrapped it around Zico's neck.

 

 

 

"You like red right? At least I hope. It's plain cause I just learned how to do this when I decided to give you something like it. It doesn't even look like a scarf but it is so please accept it, you don't have to wear it though." Dasom mumbled and chuckled.

 

 

 

Zico saw the edge of the scarf that is now on his neck, it has his name on it. His nick name and his real name. It was then that he realized that she's really skilled with her hands, she can paint, draw, play instruments, saw, cook and even make a scarf but her gift, is actually too long for him.

 

 

 

"I'll wear it. Thank you. But, why is it too long?" he asked as she fondled with the scarf.

 

 

 

"So that I can do this." Dasom whispered on his ear and pulled both of the scarf, bringing Zico close to him.

 

 

 

He already closed his eyes and leaned close to each other. Dasom watched as their faces touched each others. His nose touched hers as his hands found its way around her waist. She chuckled and moved closer to his mouth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"uuuuuugggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh~. Yeah baby~! That's a good burp!! Yeah." she squealed after burping on his face.

 

 

 

"Where are your manners woman?!" Zico angrily squealed and pulled her into a hug chuckling to himself as well.

 

 

 

"We should eat out tomorrow too." Dasom said and poked Zico's pout.

 

 

 

"Anything you want~" Zico said as she dragged him to their house by pulling on the scarf that she gave him.

 



 

 

 

Sorry for the super late update T.T

I got sick and I'm still sick so yeah~~ T.T

 

EVERYONE DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS AND AVOID FLU :3