CHAPTER 31

Dara's Diary

 

Dear Diary,

 

'Happy birthday baby' my mum smiled at me as she handed me a box

'Thank you mum' I smiled at her before turning my gaze towards the present.

'Now Dara' my mother suddenly said resulting in her gaining all my attention

'Yes mum?' I asked uncertainly, a bit taken back by her sudden outburst

'You know the past 2 years have been great' she smiled into my eyes and I could see a glimpse of something in hers 'I absolutely love you and the girls and I hope you don't take my present the wrong way' and with that she left.

I was left all alone in the room with the box. It was wrapped in pink wrapping paper but it was poorly done. It didn't look like any of the gifts my mother or brother would give me. 

I ripped off the paper and a brown box lay underneath. It looked quite cute but seemed like it wouldn't close properly.

Slowly I lifted the lid to be greeted by a fat photo book. It was placed upside down so that the back cover faced me. It read 'Please read with an open mind' 
There was no signature or any other forms of recognising who sent this book. 

I carefully took it out of the box and flipped it over, ensuring none of the pages fell out. 

The front cover had the words 'DARA's DIARY' engraved onto it. *what the hell is this?* I thought as I flicked through the book. Page after page there was pictures of me doing different things. The first few pages were occupied by me at the BIGBANG concert, me at the beach with Ji, me at my school. Basically everything that happened to me after I met BIGBANG... *After I met JiYong* I bitterly added. Tears were already building up as my time with the YG family was documented in this file. Picture after picture. Some with notes scribbled down the side others with little symbols.

The more I went through this book, the more confused I became. *who did all of this?* my thoughts automatically ran back to the man I saw speaking on the phone. For the past 2 years I couldn't fight the feeling that I've met him before.

The last few pictures was of me and my girls. Everything that happened until we left Korea. *who did all of this? Who would want to keep a book about me?*

I flipped through empty pages until I saw a paper fall to the ground. It seemed rushed and again had no signature. It read:

Dear Dara,

How have you been? I hope both you and your daughters are doing well. Oh and happy 18th.

So, you must be pretty freaked out by this book. That's not the purpose of it.
I just want you to realise that you've left so much back in Korea. It’s been 2 years don't you think you've run long enough? Come back and face your problems. 

Because you not being here has caused many in itself.




I stared at the letter trying to decide its meaning. *Its indirect... Should I know what its about? Why is someone telling me all this?*

'UMMA! UMMA!' My train of thought was interrupted as Yuri and Yun-Ji ran into the room.

'Hey babies' I smiled as I set the box aside.

'Happy birthday' my youngest Yun-Ji said as she smiled at me.

'Look what me and Minzy made you' Yuri said as she held out a card. It was poorly cut with rough edges. I could see the amount of effort they put into it and couldn't help but feel touched.

'Thank you' I smiled taking it from them. As Yuri told me a story about what happened on her favourite cartoon.

'UMMA!' MinJi exclaimed. Both our attentions were turned to the girl jumping up and down with something in her hand.

'Look Yu-Ri! It says Koweea! Umma is taking us to see Appa!' My neck snapped in the direction of her little hand. She was waving paper. Plan tickets to be exact. Next to her lay the box... Open.

'Umma, we get to meet appa?' Yu-ri looked at me with expecting eyes. Hope evident in them.

'Umma, what's appa like? He never visits us' MinJi said with said eyes. 

How could I say no to my babies? What do I tell them about their dad, when I don't even know who he is!

'MinJi, YuRi' I began taking them both into my arms, 'I think it’s time you met appa' the two toddlers shrieked with excitement as they ran to find their grandmother. My eyes fell upon the box one more time. 

I failed to see the tag that was on the inside of the lid. It was a note.

See you & MY babies soon

 

 

HELLO! This chapter was meant to be up a while ago... but my phone decided to die & take my drafts with it so I had to spend 7days waiting for it to be repaired only to find the thing got swipped.... So I wrote all of this from memory!

BTW: Yun-JI is also know as Min-Ji so please dont get confused... I might just use Yun-Ji from now on to avoid confusion!

This story has only a short while to go before it comes to the present.... NOTE THAT THE FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY WAS IN THE PRESENT! AND I'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE GET THERE. By this I mean that the story will build up to that chapter & then carry on. BUT I will most likely be writing in the past tense because that's how I write!

COMMENT&SUBSCRIBE&RECOMMEND!

Leave me a comment below on what you think of the chapter or just to say HI, I wont bite... I love comments

PS: who do you think was on the phone (from last chappie) & who do you think sent the box!!? 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!