CHAPTER 11

Dara's Diary

 


Friday 8th December

Dear Diary,

 

Have you ever been so nervous that you felt like throwing up? That's how I felt. 

 

                                                                          - 19th April 2009-

 

I woke up to see 3 messages on my phone. This was becoming a daily routine. Waking up to the dorky Minho, the charming JiYong and the mysterious Seungri who still hasn't told me what he knows. The messages were always the same: 'good morning', 'good luck' and others along those lines. But today was different. Today felt different.

 

I decided to open JiYong's text first.

It said:

Morning D! Just wanted to know if your free tonight, we're holding a party at our dorm and you HAVE TO be there. The rest of your girls are coming too so see you around 8?

I smiled at my phone. Who could say no to JiYong. He's Captain GD for crying out loud. I was definitely going, and I knew what I was going to wear.

Morning Ji! Sure I'll come, sounds like fun! See you there! 

I replied and pressed send. I then went back to my messages folder and opened the one Minho sent me. You see, me and MinHo have become so close in such a small space of time. He's amazing and really funny. I've met up with him a few times, but its strictly as friends. I'm still interested in Ji... Right?

The message said:

Morning Princess! Hope you have a great day! Keep smiling! Pray for me... Today's the day! *anxious face*

My heart sank reading this message. Minho has been a trainee at SMe for about a year now and hasn't been cast into a group yet. But today was his shot. They were holding trainee auditions for a new boy band. He is so talented its crazy that he is still training. *Maybe I'll go say hi* I thought to myself.

I replied:  MinHo Oppa hwaiting! You can do it! I'll treat you to kimchi later! Arrasso?

I smiled knowing I'd be seeing my favourite boys today. I glanced at my clock. 8AM! *Damn, I'm going to be late* I thought quickly running out of bed. Our rehearsal began at 8:30 today and I was the last one up. 

The whole day passed in a blur. Dancing, singing and more dancing. Our debut was in a matter of weeks and we had to perfect out routine. Minji was by far the best dancer in 2NE1. Her body moves in ways I can only imagine doing. Chaerin is such a bad chick. Her face and image are sure to draw her many fans. But she's a really nice girl at heart. Just don't make her mad. Bommie Unnie is like Gummy Sunbae. She looks after us all and can hit the highest notes on the scale. She is the icing on the cake. She is by far the most beautiful. Her face, her eyes, her legs are all bound to feature in the fantasies of both girls and boys.

The next thing I knew it was 5:30 and we were preparing to leave the studio. We planned that we will chill out till about 6:30 before getting ready for the party. We had a late start tomorrow so we should be home by about 3AM.

I was the last out of the studio. As usual. I was finding it hard to mirror the pace the girls move at. But I was getting better. For a person who has two left feet, YG works wonders. They gave me so much help and support it seems like I've been training for years let alone 8 months. 

As I was heading towards the exit my phone beeped in my pocket. It was MinHo. I felt my heart skip a beat. I had forgot about ask about his audition. *What kind of friend does that?* I asked myself.

It said:

Guess your not the only one who's preparing for the lime light Princess! :P  So when are we going to celebrate? 

I stared at the message feeling my eyes tear up. He got in. MinHo was finally going to debut! The joy took over my system and I found myself walking towards the SMe building. I quickly texted him:

Minho Oppa! Meet me round the corner near the convenience store! :D

I sent it. Within minutes he arrived with his signature smile. Only today it was a lot wider. 

'Oppa!' I exclaimed embracing him in a tight hug. 'I'm so proud of you' I whispered in his ear. He returned the hug and we stood there for a few seconds before he pulled away.  'Let's go celebrate!' He beamed. I nodded in agreement and we headed towards Mystic Land.