CHAPTER 3

Dara's Diary

 


Wednesday 29th November

Dear Diary, 

Sorry, I had to go yesterday, seems like nothing can function well without me here.  Well let me continue my story. That day I met GD he was this amazing man, even better than the one portrayed on tv. His character was vibrant and full of energy and his laugh made the room come to live. He talked in a way where you couldn't help but be gripped by the tone of his voice. He was, quite frankly, a charismatic dork. He spent much of the day with me, just wandering around. We just chatted aimlessly while walking on the sandy beach. (This made me thank full that the gig was taking place near a beach resort). JiYong was only staying for a few days and he was adamant we met as much as possible. I knew it was the fan girl side of me that answered him because in reality I lived 2 hours away from where he was staying. However, this fact didn't spoil our fun. We continued to walk the beach and play in the water. But this fantasy was soon to come to a close. 

BIGBANG was a hip hop band that took the KPOP scene by storm. They were scheduled to have their 2 year anniversary concert on August 19th in Seoul which was miles away, by plane. It was the 13th of August and I knew my days with GD were numbered. We hardly saw each other in the week we had known each other. A part of me began to except that he had forgotten about me and I was preparing to move on.

My brother and his new friends- Yang Seungho, Jung Byunghee (AKA G.O), Lee Changsun (AKA Lee Joon), Bang Cheolyong (AKA Mir)- were out in the garden making as much noise that is humanly possible for 5 boys to make. Now let me tell you, it was a lot. You should know that my brother- Park Sanghyun (AKA Thunder) - has been put into a boy band set to debut next year. So far, they don't have a name but I'm already anticipating it. However, I highly doubted that they're to the standard of BIGBANG, but I really hoped people in Korea and other parts of the world looked at them with open hearts.                                       

                                                                                      -15th August 2008-

I was on my way to school when I noticed a huge crowd of people in front of my school gates. Well, I could hear them from miles away but this is the first time I glimpsed where the commotion was coming from. I wasn't in the mood for trouble so I de-routed and entered the school using the back entrance. I successfully managed to dodge the crowd and was heading towards my home room. As I walked down the hallway of my usually busy school, the creepy silence bugged me, even with my earphones loudly playing in my ears. Never in all the years I have been here, have I walked down a corridor in complete silence. This stunned me. Seconds later curiosity over took my instincts, who exactly was outside the school gates? I asked myself. I decided to view the scene from the roof seeing as it would give me a better overview. As I headed towards the stairs I decided to turn off my MP3 player. While I did this, the brief moments my eyes were distracted, I collided with something- or rather- someone. I bowed my head and quickly said sorry, avoiding eye contact. 'Dara?' Asked a voice. The familiar voice was filled with question as it pronounced my name. Slowly I turned around to face the person who had called for me. A white teethed smiled greeted me as I looked into those familiar brown eyes. For a second no one said anything and we cherished this moment. Reality come back to me as I regained my senses only to run away again as he stepped closer to me and embraced me into a hug. It wasn't any ordinary hug, but a huge, father bear hug that made me sink into his arms. I wanted to stay there forever but I knew that wasn't possible. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. They too smiled at me. 'What are you doing here?' I asked, my voice soft with affection.

 'I missed you' he replied, attempting to pull me into another hug. I pulled away and looked at him. My eyes scanned his face for the real reason.

'I'm guessing the commotion outside is your doing' I stated, trying to liven the conversation. ' Not really, I told Young Bae to take it easy but as usually, he doesn't listen!' He shook his head as if shaking away an image of Taeyang that was forming in his mind. Did he say Taeyang of BIGBANG was outside my school? 'Anyways, I come with some good news' he added, smiling brightly. 'What's that?' I asked, intrigued but what he might say. 'Wait... Come with me and I'll explain' he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the back exit before I could say anything. Students were beginning to make their way to class and many squealed as we ran passed them. Outside was a car, well more of a limo waiting with a man leaning against his frame. JiYong began to slow down as we got closer to it. As if on cue the man opened the door inches before we got to it. Being the gentleman he is, GD stepped aside to let me in first. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Here I was a huge GD fan being offered an all day date with him and I was refusing?                                  -------------------------------------------

Hey guys, hope your enjoying the story so far. Sorry for taking so long to upload. I hope the storyline isn't too confusing due to my tense changes. Thank you so much for reading and subscribing! I know it's early on and you guys just gave me a reason to carry on writing! Thank you!