CHAPTER 2

Dara's Diary

 

CHAPTER 2

Date: Tuesday 28th November

Dear Diary,

Sorry I didn’t finish yesterday’s entry. I had to attend an appointment and unlike many in this world today- I hate being late.

Well, you might be asking yourself many questions at this point. Why was yesterday D-DAY, might be at the very top of that list.

To be honest 27/11 has always been an important day to me. It is the day of my grandmother’s birthday. That’s right, my grandmother and my daughters share the same birthday. Well, yesterday wasn’t an ideal way of celebrating.

Okay, let me go all the way back to the beginning, so that you can understand what is going on.

In the summer of 2008 I was a carefree teenager working hard to get to where I want to be. I sang at gigs and open- house night all over the Philippines. Well at one of these gigs I met the one man I looked up to and you could say I idolised him.  Yes, I am talking about the one and only Kwon JiYong otherwise known as G-Dragon.

As I was on stage singing my heart out and quite frankly enjoying myself, his eyes caught mine. The goose bumps began to rise and the hairs on my neck stood on end. The rest of my performance I spent trying to subconsciously calm myself down. I finished my performance and thanked the audience for their amazing presence. The roar from the crowd made me want to continue pursuing singing as a career. Standing on stages all over the world is where I am heading to and no one can or will stop me. That’s what I thought.

Mr Kwon, the legend. I was still in shock over the fact GD was enjoying himself listening to me. I sang a song I composed myself and it was coming from a deep place. Seeing that he was enjoying it made my heart skip a beat.

Back stage, I was retelling the story to anyone that would listen, and honestly I was acting like a fan girl, which I was. Embarrassingly, I was unaware of the fact those heavenly eyes were watching my every move. Those ears listened to every word I uttered. Unknown to me, but known to everyone I spoke to.  Only one person (the backing singer I have always had respect for) pointed him out to me. However, she remained oblivious to his identity.

‘So you’re the amazing singer I couldn’t take my eyes of’ he said, looking directly at me. Those smiling eyes made me forget the basics of speech and words failed me. He chuckled at my stillness and stepped towards me. ‘I’m sorry’ he finally said breaking the silence. This confused me. ‘Why are you saying sorry?’ I asked

‘I didn’t introduce myself, I’m Kwon JiYong of BIGBANG. But you... can call me GD’