Chapter 8

My Beautiful Target

 

 

The next morning Sungyeol peeked out of his front door and once he was sure that Myungsoo wasn’t there he left for school.  When he got to school and sat down in his first class he was greeted by a very nervous looking Dongwoo.  

“Yah Dongwoo-ah what’s wrong you look so tense and guilty?” Sungyeol said raising an eyebrow and looking at him suspiciously.  

“Ah Yeol-ah I’m so dead!” Dongwoo fake sobbed putting his head down on his desk in frustration.  “Sunggyu-hyung’s so gonna kill me! It was nice knowing you Yeol!”  

“Why what did you do?” Sungyeol exclaimed looking at Dongwoo with wide eyes in shock.  

“I mphsdkfekcdslkcmioe!” Dongwoo yelled but since his head was still on his desk Sungyeol couldn’t understand him at all.  

“What did you say I can’t understand you get your head up off the desk!” Sungyeol said shaking his arm.  

“Okay well I went to check out the dance club like Sunggyu-hyung told me too but when I got there the only one there was...Hoya!” Dongwoo said ready to slam his head on his desk again.  “He caught me watching him dancing and asked me to dance for him since he said that he’s in the dance club and knows the president so he could help me get into the club.  I couldn’t just give up an opportunity to get to spend time with him like that so I did dance for him and ugh why does he have to be so nice and perfect!”  

After finishing Dongwoo face planted on his desk again and Sungyeol looked at him with wide eyes and mouth agape.  

“Wow you’re right you are dead,” Sungyeol said bluntly and Dongwoo let out a cry of frustration.  “But I guess this makes what I did seem like nothing now.”  

Dongwoo’s head shot up from the desk upon hearing that and he looked at Sungyeol shocked.  

“Why what did you do,” Dongwoo asked hoping that it whatever Sungyeol did was worse that what he did.  

“I was being chased by these three stupid bullies after club activities a few days ago and Kim Myungsoo rescued me from them,” Sungyeol stated.  “But he’s such a jerk he made me do his homework and be his tutor to pay him back for rescuing me.”  

“Ah so you’re involved with one of the three famous bad boys too! Yay it’s not only me that Sunggyu-hyung’s going to kill! You’re going down with me!” Dongwoo cheered triumphantly pointing at Sungyeol.  

“But you got involved completely by your own choice.  I got involved against my will so I think Gyu-hyung will only kill you,” Sungyeol pointed out.  

“EEEEEEEHHHHHH NOOOOO I’M TOO YOUNG TO DIE!” Dongwoo shrieked in agony.  

“So dramatic,” Sungyeol said shaking his head.  “But well I guess better you than me~”

“Wow you’re such a nice friend,” Dongwoo said sarcastically.  

After their morning classes were done Sungyeol and Dongwoo walked to the cafeteria together but suddenly Sungyeol stopped dead in his tracks and Dongwoo ran into his back.  

“Hey don’t just stop suddenly like that,” Dongwoo complained.  

“Wait a minute isn’t that Sunggyu-hyung,” Sungyeol said pointing.  “...and Nam Woohyun.”  

--

Meanwhile with Sunggyu he had been walking to the cafeteria when Woohyun popped out of nowhere and started talking to him.  Woohyun was talking quickly and excitedly and Sunggyu slowly felt his irritation growing and gave short responses whenever Woohyun asked him something.  

“So Sunggyu-sunbae the theme of the next showcase is “Love,” huh?” Woohyun asked cheerfully.  

“Yeah,” Sunggyu responded back.  

“Hmm what an interesting theme I wonder what song we should sing,” Woohyun said unaffected by Sunggyu’s one word answer.  “Do you have any ideas yet sunbae?”  

“No,” Sunggyu replied shortly again.  

“I wonder if w should do a fast song or a slow song,” Woohyun continued.  “Do you have any preference on that sunbae?”  

“Not really,” Sunggyu replied praying that he could hurry and reach the cafeteria already.  

“Hmm what about language,” Woohyun went on excitedly.  “What do you think sunbae should we just do a song in Korean or should we challenge ourselves by doing a song in english?”  

“I don’t care,” Sunggyu said feeling like he was slowly reaching his limits on his patience with Woohyun.  

“Sunggyu-sunbae d-,” Woohyun started but Sunggyu cut him off.  

“I have to go meet with my friends now.  Why don’t we just meet in the room the school’s music room after school and we can talk about this more,” Sunggyu said trying not to show how irritated he was.  “And just call me ‘hyung.’ ‘Sunbae’ is way too formal.”  

“Ah okay that sounds good,” Woohyun said smiling happy that he would get to spend more time with Sunggyu after school.  “See you after school then. Bye Sunggyu-hyung.”  

Woohyun waved and ran off to go find Myungsoo and Hoya to harass.  Sunggyu let out a sigh of relief now that Woohyun was gone and walked over to where he saw Sungyeol and Dongwoo sitting.  

“Hey hyung wasn’t that Nam Woohyun you were just walking and talking with?” Sungyeol asked with wide eyes.  

“Ugh yeah it was,” Sunggyu said sighing in frustration and hanging his head.  

“Since when did you two get so close? I thought you didn’t like him,” Sungyeol asked confused.  

“We’re not close and I do not like him.  He’s a irritating, ditzy, and stupid,” Sunggyu groaned.  “He just started talking to me because we got paired up to do a duet for the next singing club showcase.”  

“Yay I guess with this then hyung can’t get too mad at me since he did it too,” Dongwoo said happily.  

Sungyeol face palmed, “Idiot.”  

“Jang Dongwoo what did you do?” Sunggyu asked a frown marring his face and his eyes narrowing at Dongwoo.  

“E-eh what do you mean hyung I didn’t do anything,” Dongwoo said trying to play innocent.  

“Jang Dongwoo you better tell me now because if I find out later on my own then the consequences will be much worse,” Sunggyu threatened.  

Dongwoo sighed.  

“Okay hyung I’ll tell you,” Dongwoo said in resignation.  “Well I went to check out the dance club yesterday like you told me to but when I got there the only person there was Hoya.  He caught me watching him dance and asked me to dance for him and he said he could put in a good word to the club president to let me into the club.  I could just leave so I danced for him and we talked and I’m suppose to meet him at the dance club again today.”  

“Jang Dongwoo I thought I specifically told you not to get involved with him,” Sunggyu said sternly.  

“I’m sorry hyung but...but Sungyeol didn’t listen either,” Dongwoo blurted out using Sungyeol as a scapegoat.  

“You traitor,” Sungyeol said glaring at Dongwoo.  

“I told you earlier if I go down you’re going down with me,” Dongwoo replied sticking his tongue out at Sungyeol.  

“Lee Sungyeol what did you do?” Sunggyu asked shifting his hard look to him.  

“It wasn’t my fault hyung I didn’t get involved with him on purpose I swear it was more like it was against my will,” Sungyeol defended.  “A few days ago after club activities I got attacked by three bullies but then I got rescued by Kim Myungsoo.  He’s a jerk though and made me do his homework and tutor him to repay him for rescuing me.”  

“I swear I should just stop talking since it seems like neither of you listen to me,” Sunggyu said sorrowfully.  

“I do listen to you hyung I was dragged into this against my will,” Sungyeol complained.  “You don’t have to worry about me I’ll ditch Myungsoo as soon as I can find the chance.  I’d say you have to worry more about lover boy over there.”  

“I’m sorry hyung I just won’t go to the dance club again,” Dongwoo said remorsefully.  

“No you should go Dongwoo-ah,” Sunggyu said and turned to look at him with a sad smile on his face.  “I can tell you really want to go and I don’t want to hold you back from doing what you really want to do.  Remember I just say what I saw because I care about you two like you’re my brothers.  Just promise me you’ll be careful Dongwoo and keep yourself guarded.”  

“Okay hyung I promise,” Dongwoo said smiling warmly at Sunggyu.  “Thanks.”  

“You be careful too Sungyeol-ah,” Sunggyu said.  

“Okay hyung I will be,” Sungyeol said smiling at him.  

“I guess the three of us have an interesting after school ahead of us today,” Sunggyu mused.  




---------

Wow this is chapter is so long it’s the longest one yet!  
I hope this chapter wasn’t too boring I just had to build some foundation for the events that will happen in the future and show a little cute Sungyeol/Sunggyu/Dongwoo brotherly love~ ^-^
Now that all three couples have met the couple development will start to pick up~
I would also like to take this chance to thank my wonderful 71 subscribers! I love you all and thank you so much for supporting my story~ ^-^ <3

Replies:

@amanda_clarissa: Yep woogyu is just getting started so please anticipate it! ^-^b

@Jung36: thank you for supporting my story~ hmm yeah this story won’t really have that much sungjong sorry :( but he will appear more towards the end I have special plans for him~ also thank you for the advice about the tag I added it ^-^

@inspirit_fan_X3: here is the update~ and thank you for your support ^-^

@uuleunhaecloudy: yep the woogyu and myungyeol moments are just getting started so please anticipate it~

@ryne_drops: hehe yep they’re all cute dorks~ thanks for supporting my story~

@aznmusiklife: lol I’m glad you enjoyed that part I always enjoy writing the parts when Sungyeol screams too~

@heeien91: thank you for your support please continue to anticipate this story~