Chapter 11

My Beautiful Target

 

 

After class Sunggyu sighed tiredly, packed up his things, and dragged himself to the school’s music room.  When he got there he saw that Woohyun was already there happily waiting for him to arrive.  

“Hi Sunggyu-hyung!” Woohyun said smiling brightly at him.  

“Hey,” Sunggyu said nodding in acknowledgment.  

“So hyung did you think of any possible songs that we could sing for the showcase?” Woohyun asked curiously.  

“No I haven’t really had much time to think about it yet,” Sunggyu said a little absentmindedly.  

“I was thinking about it during class today hyung and I think I know a possible song that we could sing,” Woohyun said excitedly grinning.  “I was thinking that we could the song ‘What is Love?’ by that new group EXO-K.  It’s a duet by the two main vocals so I thought it would be a good song too since the parts are already divided between two people.”  

“Oh I don’t think I’ve ever heard that song before,” Sunggyu said.  “I don’t really keep up with the latest music that much.”  

“Ah you should try listening to it then it’s a really good song and I like it a lot,” Woohyun said enthusiastically.  “Here I have it on my ipod let’s listen to it now.”  

Sunggyu nodded and Woohyun took out his ipod and handed one of the earbuds to Sunggyu before putting the other in his own ear and starting the song.  The song started to flow out of the earbuds and Sunggyu listened intently to the song analyzing it in several aspects.  Even though he didn’t particularly like Woohyun, Sunggyu figured he should still take this performance seriously so he wouldn’t look bad in front of his sunbaes.  

‘Wow he actually picked a pretty good song.  The melody is good and the song does a good job of showcasing the singer’s vocal ability,’ Sunggyu thought to himself. ‘He has good taste...argh wait a minute don’t compliment him!’  

Sunggyu was so lost in thought that he didn’t notice that the song had already ended and that Woohyun was now calling him trying to snap him out of it.  

“Hyung...hyung...Sunggyu-hyung!” Woohyun called out to him.

“Huh?  What?” Sunggyu said quickly snapping out of his thoughts.  

“So what did you think of the song hyung?” Woohyun asked.  

“I think we should sing that song for the showcase,” Sunggyu said honestly.  

“Eh really?” Woohyun asked surprised that Sunggyu agreed so quickly to the song that he picked.  

“Yeah it’s a good song and it will do a good job of showcasing our voices,” Sunggyu explained.  

“Ah okay I see,” Woohyun said.  “So should we meet here tomorrow to start practicing?”  

“We can’t because tomorrow is Friday and all the rooms are locked up after school on Fridays,” Sunggyu pointed out.  

“Oh yeah I forgot about that,” Woohyun said embarrassed then he got an idea.  “Why don’t you come over to my house after school tomorrow then and we can practice there.”

‘Go to his house!’ Sunggyu exclaimed in his thoughts trying to control his facial expression.  ‘What if they recognize me as the son of their rival company!...well if they’re anything like my family though they probably won’t even be home so maybe it would be okay...I can’t really think of an excuse of why I wouldn’t be able to go so...’

“Okay let’s do that then,” Sunggyu agreed.  ‘I hope I won’t come to regret this later...’

“Okay let’s meet in front of the school tomorrow after school then we can head over to my place,” Woohyun said happily fist pumping in his head about the fact that Sunggyu was really going to go over to his house tomorrow.  

“Sounds good,” Sunggyu said starting to get up.  “I have to go already so I’ll see you then.”

“Okay bye Sunggyu-hyung,” Woohyun said waving and trying to hold in his happiness then miserably thought to himself,  ‘I have to remember to clean up when I get home...’


 

 


---------

Here’s chapter 11 sorry it’s a little shorter than usual :(

i’m so sorry i’m posting this chapter up really quickly and i don’t have time to leave replies to comments ㅠㅠ


i’m so sorry dear readers i’ll make sure to reply to comments next chapter i promise~

 


next chapter is myungyeol~ please anticipate it~ ^-^