Chapter 20

My Beautiful Target

 

 

 


“Aaarrrrggghhhh I’ve had enough of this!” Myungsoo said chucking his math book across his living room.  

Sungyeol put down his pencil and chuckled at Myungsoo as he proceeded to then face plant into the coffee table.  Ever since the incident with the bullies, Sungyeol and Myungsoo have grown closer and now might even consider each other friends.  There was going to be a math test on the following monday so the saturday the weekend before they were both at Myungsoo’s house studying.  

“Fine let’s take a break,” Sungyeol replied and leaned back into the couch and closed his eyes.  

“I want icecream.  Come on Yeollie let’s go get some,” Myungsoo said poking Sungyeol in the cheek.  “Although I think you might have had enough already with these cheeks.”  

Sungyeol peeked one eye open and glared at Myungsoo who responded back by smirking triumphantly at him.  

“Yah shut up no one asked you now come on let’s go get some ice cream,” Sungyeol said stretching his arms and getting up from where he was sitting.  “And for your information people say that my cheeks are charming.”  

“Well the next time you see those people tell them I want to meet them to make sure they really exist,” Myungsoo teased sticking his tongue out at Sungyeol.  

“Yah no one even asked you for your opinion,” Sungyeol retorted back glaring at him.  

The two continued their playful verbal fight until they reached the park nearby that they had to cross through in order to get to the ice cream shop they were going to.  They both stopped quickly though when they suddenly heard the sound of someone crying and upon looking further up the path saw a little boy sitting on a bench crying.  They both looked at each other and without having to exchanging a single word rushed to where the boy was sitting.  

“Hey there what’s wrong are you lost?” Sungyeol asked the boy gentle crouching down so that he was at eye level with him.  

“N-n-no i’m not *hic* lost *sniffle* mommy and dad don’t love me *hic* so I *sniffle* ran away,” the little boy said between sobs immediately returning to crying after he finished his statement.  

“You ran away from home!” Sungyeol exclaimed his eyes growing wide with shock.  “I’m sure that’s not true I’m sure your parents both love you very much.”  

“N-no *hic* it’s not true.  *sniffle* the-they’re hardly ever *hic* home so they don’t *sniffle* care about me or *hic* love me!” the boy angrily retorted back through his tears.  

“I’m sure they must really love you so you should go back home already I’m sure they’re worried right now and trying to figure out where you are.  Now come on tell us where you live and we’ll walk you home,” Sungyeol said reassuringly reaching out his hand towards the little boy.  

“No I’m not going home I don’t want to and that’s final,” the little boy snapped back turning his head away from Sungyeol and pouting.  

“Argh aish this kid,” Sungyeol said frustrated standing up and rubbing his temples.  

Myungsoo chuckled at Sungyeol’s reaction and shook his head before bending down so that he was at eye level with the little boy.  

“Fine you don’t have to go home now,” Myungsoo said and the boy turned to look at Myungsoo surprise written all over his face.  

“EH what the heck at you-mrph,” Sungyeol began but was quickly shut up by Myungsoo’s hand being clamped over his mouth.  

“Shut up for a second and trust me on this.  Just go along with it,” Myungsoo whispered to Sungyeol before removing his hand from covering his mouth.  

Sungyeol gave Myungsoo a questioning look but shrugged and decided to just go along with it anyway.  

“What’s your name?” Sungyeol asked the little boy.  

“I-it’s Changhyun,” the boy said rubbing his eyes.  

“Well Changhyun-ah we were just about to go get some ice cream would you like to come too?” Myungsoo asked Changhyun holding out his hand towards him.  

“Yeah I want ice cream!” Changhyun said with his eyes sparkling with glee and took Myungsoo’s hand and jumped off of the bench.  

The three walked together to the ice cream shop and after ordering their ice cream they sat down at a table in the shop to eat.  

“Changhyun-ah aigoo so messy,” Sungyeol cooed as he wiped the ice cream off of Changhyun’s face and Myungsoo chuckled some at his motherly behavior.  

“What’s so funny?” Sungyeol asked looking at Myungsoo with a confused look.  

“It’s nothing,” Myungsoo said shaking his head still chuckling some.  

After finishing their ice cream the three headed to the park that they had passed through earlier to play.  

“Hyung hyung can you push me on the swings?” Changhyun asked Myungsoo pulling him in the direction of the swings.  

“Alright alright let’s go,” Myungsoo said smiling and following Changhyun.  

“Higher! Higher!” Changhyun squealed as Myungsoo pushed him on the swings and Myungsoo gladly obliged chuckling and pushing him harder.  

Sungyeol stood on the side and couldn’t help but smile warmly at Myungsoo’s display of fatherly behavior and also felt his heart grow warm too.  After playing on the playground in the park for a few hours it started to get dark and the three began to get tired.  

“Well it’s getting late now Changhyun and I think it’s about time for you to go home now don’t you think?” Sungyeol asked Changhyun.  

“Eehh I don’t want to go home yet I want to play with hyungs some more,” Changhyun whined.  “And why should I bother my parents don’t even care about me but hyungs do so I want to stay with you.”  

“Changhyun-ah listen to me,” Myungsoo said gently crouching down until he was eye level with Changhyun.  “Just because your parents aren’t home a lot doesn’t mean that they don’t care about you.  I’m sure that they must try to spend as much time with you as they can.  And right now they’re probably at home worried sick about you and wondering where you are and if your safe right now.  So come on let’s get you back home okay?”  

“Neh okay hyung I’ll go back,” Changhyun said pouting but still taking Myungsoo’s hand anyway.  

The three walked to Changhyun’s house and when they got to the front gate they said their goodbyes.  

“Bye hyungs thanks for the really fun day!” Changhyun said happily hugging Sungyeol and Myungsoo.  

“Bye Changhyun,” the two replied hugging him back.  

After saying their goodbyes Changhyun went through the front gate of his house and knocked on the door.  Just as the door opened Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol and pulled him behind one of the large stone walls.  Once they were sure that Changhyun was safely inside his house they started to walk home back to Myungsoo’s house.  

“Wow who would’ve guessed that tough bad boy Kim Myungsoo had a soft spot for children,” Sungyeol teased grinning at Myungsoo.  

“Well not all children,” Myungsoo said looking forward and smiling to himself.  “I guess it’s just that Changhyun really reminded of me when I was his age.  

“Huh?” Sungyeol asked looking at Myungsoo confused.  

“When I was about Changhyun’s age I did the same thing I ran away from home because I thought my parents didn’t love me since they were hardly ever around,” Myungsoo said starting to reminisce.  “I ran away to a park too and just sat down and cried until two nice hyungs came and spent the day with me like how we did with Changhyun.  When I saw Changhyun I was reminded of those hyungs and I felt like I had a responsibility now that I’m older to help him just like they helped me.”  

Sungyeol was speechless and looked at Myungsoo with his mouth slightly agape.  Noticing that Sungyeol wasn’t saying anything for once, Myungsoo looked over at him and laughed some at his blank expression.  

“Come on don’t just stand there and gape let’s hurry back we have more studying to do don’t we,” Myungsoo said smiling and grabbing Sungyeol’s arm to drag him towards his house.  

Sungyeol felt his heartbeat quicken at the contact and he chuckled shaking his head and quickening his pace to keep up with Myungsoo.   

‘*Sigh*...Kim Myungsoo what are you doing to me?’



---------

Here’s Chapter 20~

The way I see it now I think that there will be at least 9 more chapters to this story

I think I will be able to post one or two chapters more before my hiatus but i will make sure to tell which chapter that is when i post it

I’m so sorry I’m kinda rushing to post this chapter so i don’t have time for replies this time but i’ll make sure to leave replies for next chapter i promise ^-^

i love you all my lovely subscribers and thank you for all your love and support for my story~

So until next time bye bye ^-^/