Doze Off

Broken Strings

Dara’s POV

 

I saw Bom waiting for me in front of the door and when she saw me, “You took long. I was about to call the police and report you missing” as she approach me scanning if there’s something missing in me.

 

 

“Aigoo. You worry too much! You’ll age fast.”

 

 

She slapped my arm as she put her arm around me and dragged me inside. “I don’t look old!”

 

 

“I didn’t say you look old, I just said you’ll age fast if you worry too much.” I said chuckling while I let her drag me.

 

 

We enter her room and I plop myself at her bed. I felt her presence and sit beside me “What took you so long by the way?”

 

 

I sat up and look at her. “The cleaning took a lot of time and I wasn’t able to notice the time as I was busy talking to some boy”

 

 

This brightened her up. “Whoa! Really? I s he that hot that you didn’t notice the time?” her eyes where really twinkling.

 

 

“I enjoyed his company. He reminds me of you”

 

 

“Me?” she asked.

 

 

“Yeah. He’s as weird as you.” I received another slap but this time on my other arm. “Yah! You should stop slapping people! Don’t you know how bionic you are? My arms are bruised!”

 

 

“No it’s not! It won’t kill you anyway” she scoffs. “You should change now and rest. You have a big day tomorrow.”

 

 

I saw her get up and ushered herself towards the bathroom. As I was changing my clothes, suddenly my phone beeps which indicates that I receive a message.

 

 

After I’m done changing, I went to the bed to where my phone is and checked who sends the message.

 

 

 

Fr: Alien TOP

 

Hey! It’s me TOP. Did you arrive home safely?

 

 

Well, isn’t he sweet? He doesn’t look like the type of person to worry for someone. He looks way cooler than that. Hehehe.

So I replied.

 

 

Fr: Dara

Yeah. I just arrived home. No need to worry.

 

 

Soon after, I receive another message.

 

 

Fr: Alien TOP

Good. I’m on my way now to a club with my friend. Maybe I could invite you over some other time.

 

 

Well, that’s not a bad idea. I could get myself few more friends and it wouldn’t kill right?

 

 

We continue to sent messages until Bom came back and plop herself in the bed. “Who’re you texting?”

 

 

“Oh the guy I met earlier” I answer as I lay beside her.

 

 

“Good thing you’re making friends Dara”

 

 

“I know right?” and we both chuckle. I really like the idea of having new friends besides Bom, Chaerin, Mingkki and one annoying playboy.

 

 

“Anyway, you didn’t inform me that you send your application to YGA” she asks and I turn my head to the side to look at her.

 

 

“I didn’t”

 

 

“Then why did you receive an acceptance letter if you did not apply?” She sound really confused now.

 

 

“Appa” that’s the only answer I got.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

My class just ended and I am now on my way back to my apartment.

 

 

Brrrrrr

 

Brrrrrr

 

Brrrrrr

 

 

I check my phone and saw who the caller is. “Yoboseoyo”

 

 

“Yoboseoyo. Sandara” the man spoke on the other line.

 

 

“Annyounghashimnika Appa. What brings you to call me? Is everything alright?”

 

 

“Everything is alright sweetheart, except for your mother.” The man sternly said.

 

 

“Why? What’s wrong? Is she alright?” the thought of my mother badly hurt causes me to panic

 

 

“Your mother is alright. She’s not injured or anything but she just needs you right now Sandara. You have to go back home.”

 

 

“Arasso. I’ll prepare my leave of absence first thing in the morning.”

 

 

“Aniyo. You have to drop out of school Sandara. I already talk to the faculty. They expect you tomorrow at the office”

 

 

“Is that so? Appa, can’t I just finish this semester? I only have one more month before this semester ends.” I pleaded. That’s sad. Everything is so sudden! I don’t want to just drop everything off! I want to call all the angels and saints for their help for Appa to agree. I’m not ready yet to leave yet.

 

 

“Okay. I think you have a better reason for that one. I just hope you’re not talking me into you dropping out just because you’re running away from your responsibilities here.” He sounds troubled by the tone of his voice. I’m really confused right now but I don’t want to ruin this opportunity that was given to me and toss everything I’ve worked hard for.

 

 

“Aniyo Appa. You know I love Umma very much that’s why I’m here in the first place right?”

 

 

“I know and I just have to trust on your decision but, you have to go back home after this semester and that’s final! You have to understand my point of view here sweetheart”

 

 

“Yes Appa. I know and I understand” I really understand what his trying to point out here. It’s not easy taking care of someone both at the same with the other thousand miles away from you. He’s a busy man after all but he never failed in supporting me emotionally, physically and financially all these years. I can never say no to him.

 

 

“I’ll immediately apply you at YGA” Well, I take back what I just said now! Not this again. Anything! Anything will do just except for this one!

 

 

“Appa, you know my answer to that.”

 

 

“And why is that young miss?” I’m getting scared now. Beads of sweat are now forming in my forehead even in this cold weather.

 

 

“I really don’t plan on making it on television” as dumb as it may sound, that’s the only reason I could think of right now! Besides, I really don’t plan on entering K-pop! That industry is gruesome! With my petite figure, everyone can eat me alive.

 

 

“I know. But what do you plan when you arrive here? You can’t stop from your studies.” Aigoo. This old man is really persistent!

 

 

“Anything will do just not that one. I… I… I’ll enroll in some other university” I stutter. I really have to give my best shot here. I just hope he’ll let me off on this one.

 

 

“YGA is the best Music School in this country if you have forgotten. I will still send your application then I’ll give you more time to think about what we have discussed. One month is enough for you to think about It.” with that, he hangs up.

 

 

“Wah~~~! I can’t really win with him can I? Aigoo… This is giving me headache! I will still not go to that damn school!” I muttered as I open the door to my apartment.

 

-End of Flashback-

 

 

“I’m glad Uncle has decided to send in your application coz if not, our asses will still be on fire!” Bom spoke which brought me back from my reverie.

 

 

“Yeah. I guess I just eat up what I said before.” I mutter.

 

 

“What did you say?” Obviously she didn’t hear what I said and I’m thankful that she didn’t coz I don’t want her to think that I’m still not capable of defending my own words.

 

 

“Nothing. Let’s go to sleep. I’m really tired”

 

 

“Okay. Good night Santokki…”

 

 

“Night”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Aigoo~~~

How did you enjoy this chapter???

Are you wondering when they will meet???

Just bear with me... kekeke~~~

They'll meet soon...

Just wait for it!!!!

 

haachan

ise_cho

kaye1102

jackiejhie

imkaila

kiwi1017

Thank you for subscribing!!!!!!! ^_^

 

Many are asking for fanboys to be included...

so, I want to ask for your opinions on who you guys want to be included!!!!

I'll try to accomodate every suggestions.... ^_^

 

Please continue reading Broken Strings!!!! ^_^

Subscribe and leave comments...

ciao!