Blues

Broken Strings

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

After the horror film, we continue on watching two more film before we close the night in and they went home. For the entire time, Jiyong never let my hand go unless he or I would go to the bathroom or kitchen to get something but after that, he would always slip our hands back underneath the blanket. It melts my heart every time he would sneak our hands away from the eagle eyes of our friends. But, when it was time for them to go, I felt those electric fingers, breaking our hold… and my heart, midair. I don’t want to let go but it was necessary. I don’t even know why feel this way? I don’t have any right to begin with.

 

 

Right then, I remember the time Bom pulled me in the bedroom before she left with CL and Minzy and told me TOP had actually kissed her on the cheek. I didn’t hide my disbelief and saw her blushed. She even asked me what do I think what that means but I can’t even answer her query coz I also don’t have any idea why he did that. I asked her what happened and why Seunghyun ended up planting a kiss on her cheek. Then I gawked on her when she retells the story that she saw what happened in the balcony. She apologized for prying and told me she just got curious why I took so long to return.

 

 

Now my mind went back to Jiyong again.

 

 

My Gahd! I need a good diversion. This is not healthy anymore. Hmmm… Let’s see.

 

 

I roam my eyes inside my room to see what I can do to let time pass and my eyes landed on my acoustic guitar. I went to pick it up and went to my bed together with my music sheet and pen. I’m in the middle of creating new rhythm until my phone beeped. I reach out to my side table and checked it out.

 

 

Seunghyun.

 

 

Fr: Alien TOP

Dee, thanks for the night. I had so much fun! Jiyong just dropped me at my house. Thanks again!

 

 

Now I thought of some crazy idea! This is the diversion I needed and I need Seunghyun’s help so I dialed his number and wait till he answered the phone.

 

 

“Hey Seunghyun, can I ask you a favor?” I immediately asked.

 

 

“What’s up?”

 

 

I paused for a while and hesitate if I will continue or not. “Can you accompany me tomorrow on the mall?”

 

 

“Uhm… Sure thing Dee. But can I ask why me?”

 

 

Now that caught me off guard.

 

 

“Why? Don’t you want to?” I asked out of curiosity. Whenever I ask him for a favor he will immediately say yes but now, he seems to hesitate as well.

 

 

“No… I j-“

 

 

I cut him off to go straight to the point. “I just want to spend some time with you” I reasoned.

 

 

“Wow! Are you serious? I’d love to but…” he trailed off.

 

 

Now, this bugs me, “But what? Are you doing something tomorrow?”

 

 

I need to make this plan happen!

 

 

“Aniyo… It’s just that I got surprised you asked me instead of corn master or Jiyong. That’s all”

 

 

That’s cute! Ha-ha! I stifled my laugh and continue, “I’d rather spend time with you coz I’m always with Bom, you know…”

 

 

 ‘and of course, I can’t be with Jiyong coz I don’t know how to face him after tonight’ I thought

 

 

“Oh. Okay. Sure! What time will I pick you up?” he asked.

 

 

“Let’s just meet at the mall tomorrow… maybe around 10? Is that fine with you?”

 

 

“Okay. See you tomorrow Dee! Goodnight”

 

 

“Thanks Seunghyun. Goodnight”

 

 

And now… time to execute my plan. This will be interesting. I hope and pray everything will go smoothly according to my plan.

 

 

I scan my phonebook and searched for a particular number and press call.

 

 

After three rings, she finally answered.

 

 

“Hey tokki, what’s up?” she greeted.

 

 

“Hey Bom… uhm… can I ask you something?”

 

 

“Sure” she happily chirped.

 

 

“Uhm… do you happen to like Seunghyun?” I asked cautiously.

 

 

I didn’t hear her answer and I thought the line has ended and check my phone but the line is still ongoing. “Bom? Are you still there?” I asked.

 

 

“Yes…” she answered inaudibly. “Still here… Seunghyun who? Choi or Lee?” she asked still in a whisper.

 

 

“Choi. TOP. Do you like him?” I continued to pry.

 

 

“No! I don’t!” one minute she’s whispering now she’s yelling. I put a good distance of my phone away from my ear to prevent me going deaf with her powerful and loud voice. Ha! Even if I can’t see her, I can imagine her going lunatic or something.

 

 

“Okay. Okay. Jeez! I’m just asking. No need to make me deaf. Are you sure you don’t like him?”

 

 

“Sandara Park. How many times do I have to tell you I don’t? What’s the matter with you?” her voice started to get loud again. I can see she’s getting frustrated. The thing here is she kept on denying it, saying NO, but she don’t actually say don’t like. It always stop with don’t.

 

 

“Okay. If you say so… So that means I can go out on a date with him right? Sin-“… I was cut off when I hear a loud thud on the other line. What happen? Did she just drop the phone? Now I can hear shuffling sounds and some words I can’t understand.

 

 

“What did you say?!” she shrieked and once again I instantly remove the phone away from my ears.

 

 

This is so much fun!

 

 

“I’m going on a date with Seunghyun… TOP…” I lied. Seunghyun didn’t ask me, I asked him but it’s not really a date though. It was just part of my plan… ha-ha!

 

 

“What?! When? How? Why?” she asked so fast in one breathing I hardly didn’t catch up on everything she just said.

 

 

“Tomorrow” was the only reply I said and I’m biting my lower lip so hard to prevent myself from laughing with my cousin’s hysteric!

 

 

“But how about auntie? Weren’t you supposed to visit her tomorrow?”

 

 

“Aniyo. I just received a call this morning from her doctor and inform me that she’ll be having her session tomorrow so I’ll just visit her on Sunday”

 

 

“But why Dara? Why?”

 

 

Is she crying? Oh sh*t! Am I playing too much prank? Now I’m feeling guilty. But! This is for her benefit… I think… I need to stand to what I’ve already started and just go with it. If both Seunghyun and her won’t come around, then I’ll make them, simple as that.

 

 

“I don’t know. I just felt like accepting his invitation” I nonchalantly stated, “I’ve got to go now and prepare for tomorrow. I’ll be meeting him at the mall at 10 in the morning so… yeah. Bye!”

 

 

I immediately hang up coz I can’t take it anymore and I laugh my heart out. I intentionally specified where and what time me and Seunghyun will be meeting, knowing my cousin, I know for a fact she’ll be there and stalk us.

 

 

Bom can think that I’m the worst, most evil cousin in the whole wide world… but she’ll love me forever after this.

 

 

Now. I better start preparing.

 

 

I’ve got a date for tomorrow.

 

 

Tomorrow will surely be a dreadful one yet, sooo gonna be hilarious!

 

 

 

Bom’s POV

 

 

When I got home, I can’t help but to smile at myself, looking like an idiot, feeling elated as the kiss on my cheek from MY TABI kept replying on my mind. I went upstairs and on the way, my phone rang and I wonder why Dara would call me so I answered.

 

 

I almost lose my balance on the steps when she suddenly asked me if I like Seunghyun. My heart pounded strongly against my chest and my mind went hazy but I got my composure back when I remember that there was two Seunghyun in Bigbang so I asked her which one. When she told me that it was my indeed tabi, I immediately answered NO defensively. Then she asked me again and I stayed firm with my answer and said NO again. My tongue can’t seem to say the words I DON’T LIKE HIM coz it was like  lying to myself where in fact I do LIKE him so I just stop with DON’T. I just wish my cousin wouldn’t notice that.

 

 

Just then…

 

 

I’ve just received the biggest shock of my life!

 

 

Dara told me that it was okay for her to go on a date with MY TABI since she assumed I really don’t like him that I dropped my phone and wasn’t able to finish hearing the rest of her statement. I scram and pick my phone back up and asked her again. I thought I was just hallucinating with the fact that I can’t keep him off my mind that I assume I hear her wrong but she just drop the bomb right on my face when she clearly said that she will go on a date with MY TABI!

 

 

There are thousands of things I asked her and at that moment I was desperate to tell her, to confess to her that I actually do like him. My eyes instantly waters and in a second, they just kept on pouring. She hanged up as soon as she told me that she just felt like accepting his invitation. I ran to my room and shut my door and slump on the floor leaning on my door.

 

 

I know that he doesn’t like me and I always act like a b*tch in front of him but why? Why my cousin? Out of all the hundreds, thousands of girls throwing their selves at him, why does he have to choose my cousin? This is far more painful than I’d expected. I thought this day couldn’t get any better but I was wrong. Totally wrong. This is the worst night ever! I can’t stop my tears from falling with the pain I’m going through…

 

 

Hold up!

 

 

I recalled the last sentence she said before hanging up… Dara said they will be meeting tomorrow in the mall at 10…

 

 

That’s it!

 

 

 I’ve got it!

 

 

I roughly wipe my tears away, typed in my message as fast as a bullet to Minzy and CL to go to the mall with me tomorrow. I’ll just storm right in the middle of their date, ruin it and confess to him!

 

 

Wait…

 

 

What if Dara also, genuinely, likes him too? What should I do?

 

 

 

I cry myself to sleep and woke up with the blasting sound coming from my alarm clock. I jumped out of bed when I saw it was already 8:30 and hurriedly send another message to Minzy and CL to tell them I’m getting ready.

 

 

I’ve decided

 

 

I got to see this for myself and watch the two of them together. If he does something nasty to my cousin, I’ll jump right in and beat the crap out of him! Even if I like him… or actually love him, I love my cousin more. I wanted her to be happy. I’ll just keep my feelings for him in a safety box and throw it out the window… if he’s the one who can make my cousin happy.

 

 

I borrowed my mom’s car and pick Minzy and CL up before we went to the mall. They kept on asking me why we have to go to the mall in a rush. I hurriedly explained to them the scenario but not the whole thing coz I can’t tell them honestly the reason. Before we went out of the car, I gave Minzy a cap and CL my scarf to use it to hide their faces. They stared at me like I’m losing my mind but I just shrugged them off and pull them in a run.

 

 

Minzy was wearing the cap I gave her and the scarf over CL’s head to hide her face while I’m wearing the biggest shades I’ve ever got.

 

 

“Unnie, tell us again why are we wearing this? And why am I wearing this stupid scarf? And why are you wearing those humongous shades?” CL curiously asked. She and Minzy sat across me.

 

 

We settled in a café inside the mall sitting beside the glass wall. I use the menu to cover my face while focusing my attention to the entrance gate.

 

 

“I told you TOP invited Dara for a date. I can’t just trust my cousin being with him. He might her or something” I whispered.

 

 

I heard CL snort and shot her a glare.

 

 

“Yeah right! TOP oppa is a good man unnie. He will not do something stupid to her, you know” CL said.

 

 

I ignore her and focus again on the entrance hall. Then my heart beats rapidly when I saw TOP walk right in.

 

 

‘Damn he’s y!’

 

 

He is wearing simple jeans, black sneakers, gray shirt underneath a polo shirt with collar, and deep blue leather jacket match with a thin temple-big brown rimmed sun glasses. Why can he be so damn y with that simple outfit?

 

 

He glances at his watch while waiting in the almost empty hall. There are people passing by and stare at him in admiration. Who wouldn’t! Even I almost drool just by staring at him. I almost lost in a daydream about him when I choke on my breath when he smiled.

 

 

 I asked myself what he is smiling at so I followed where he was looking and I slammed both of my hands on the glass wall as I gape to the person walking towards him.

 

 

There, walking was my cousin, Dara, prepped in a white-lacey-dress, white stockings and white high heel shoes with her pink hair tied in a messy bun. Looking so girly… so gorgeous… and most of all, looking happy.

 

 

---

 

 

CL and Minzy gasped in shock when Bom suddenly pound both of her hands on the glass wall with her forehead almost touching it. They look at the scene right before their eyes and they both look at each other grinning.

 

 

“What do you think Bom unnie would do?” Minzy whispered to CL.

 

 

“I don’t know. Let’s just go along with it” CL answered, smirking.

 

 

“Do you think Dara unnie’s plan would work?” Minzy asked curiously to the other girl.

 

 

CL sip on her Cappuccino before smiling, “I think so, by the looks of it” she said and bob her head towards Bom.

 

 

Right after Dara talked to Bom, she called Minzy and CL, on a three-way call and told them her plan. She knew Bom would call the two and ask for their help so Dara told them to just go along with her and act like they didn’t knew anything. CL and Minzy agreed on participating coz they also want to see Bom’s reaction. They all knew that she has some feelings for the turquoise-haired guy but they can’t specifically point what kind of feelings that is, so they decided to lay a plan right there to confirm everything.

 

 

Now there they are sitting across the oblivious girl, who is turning pale within seconds while gawking at the other couple outside the hall, snickering.

 

 

---

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I intentionally dressed up for this occasion to impress Bom. I want to test and push her limit to the end by going with a dress instead of my usual shirt and jeans get-up. CL texted me and told me they were sitting inside a café near the entrance so I called Seunghyun to wait for me near the entrance. I made up some excuses like, it would be easy for us to see each other if he’ll wait there. While walking towards the entrance, I saw Seunghyun looking at his watch and when he lift his head and our eyes met, I put my act together and smile showing my pearly white teeth.

 

 

“Wow! Dee you look amazing!” Seunghyun complimented while I approach him.

 

 

“Well, you don’t look bad yourself”

 

 

He shook his head, “Nah! I think I am under dressed just by looking at you. You didn’t tell me what we are going to do so I just dressed casually. Where are we going anyway?” he said.

 

 

I hooked my right arm on his left as I dragged him, “We’re going to a salon” I said and grin.

 

 

His brows knit and I can tell he’s confuse, “Why are we going there?” he finally asked.

 

 

“I am planning on a major change so I decided to change my hair color back to its original… Brown”

 

 

He smiled and his face relaxed.

 

 

“Why change? Got tired of your unusual look?”

 

 

“Maybe” I shrug, “Well, I think it’s about time for people to take me seriously” Well, and that was my honest thought.

 

 

 I just can’t tell him yet that I want to audition for the play and not a lot of people in our school will take me seriously if I still have my pink hair. I don’t want people to spread rumors that I snag the part because of me being friends with Hyesun, who are in-charge. I want to earn people’s respect because I truly earned it and without other people backing me up.

 

 

He raised an eyebrow as we step on the escalator. “People do take you seriously Dee”

 

 

“I know. But not all” I answered.

 

 

I know by these time, Bom along with Minzy and CL are following right behind us and I tried my hardest not to look behind me and catch her red-handed, stalking us. I bit my inner cheeks to prevent myself from laughing so that Seunghyun would not have any suspicion on what is about to happen later.

 

 

I ushered him in one of the store that serves parfait. I chose to seat where Bom can easily see us, a perfect view for her to witness everything. After we sat and wait for our order to be served, Seunghyun looks at me while snickering.

 

 

“Dee, you know, I got a feeling that something was up. You’re hiding something from me”

 

 

I was shocked that he could instantly see right through me but I didn’t let it show.

 

 

“What are you talking about?” I asked innocently, although my muscles are slightly trembling because of too much nervousness.

 

 

He chuckled once again and placed his sun glasses and played it with his fingers, “Birds with the same feather, flocks together” he smiled, “You know that we belong to the same mothership right? Can’t you just tell me?”

 

 

Oh no! Don’t tell me he already saw Bom?! Gahd! I stayed up all night to plot all of this so don’t tell me it will just go down the drain?!

 

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. I mean yes… I said before that we belong to the same mothership but what does it have to do with this?” I asked and I kept my voice firm, not to show any signs of nervousness.

 

 

He shook his head while the waiter placed our orders down in the table.

 

 

“Oh yeah?” he eyed me mischievously and I swallowed hard. “It is so not like you. You’re over dressed for a parfait-change-my-hair-color kind of day. You’re smiling too much and your fingers kept on fidgeting” His hand gesture from my head downwards.

 

 

Wow! I didn’t know that he could be observant.

 

 

I sigh

 

 

“Okay. I gave up! You got me… but! I won’t tell you now… maybe later? Just go along with it. Please?” I prop my elbows above the table and clasped my hands and pout, pleading with all the aegyo I’ve got. I’m not very good with aegyo and this is the best I could manage so hopefully he’ll just agree.

 

 

He sighs and scoops a spoonful of his parfait, “Alright. But you’ve got to tell me okay?”

 

 

“Yes! Oh my Gahd! Thank you! Thank you!” I grab his hands with excitement and he just continued laughing at my antics.

 

 

---

 

 

Meanwhile, not far from the store, there standing in a corner with a newspaper in hand that was covering her chest up to her nose was a fuming red-haired girl. Seeing red as she saw how her cousin was holding the guy’s hand while the two of them laughing joyfully.

 

 

Her two friends who were standing beside her was having a hard time stifling their laughs, clutching onto their stomach and stomping their feet on the floor as they watch how their obviously jealous friend control her anger.

 

 

They can’t take it anymore. They have to go to the restroom as their bladders are killing them with so much repressed laughter.

 

 

Minzy wiped a tear in her eye, “Unnie, let’s go to the restroom first. I really need to pee”

 

 

“I also need to pee” CL said and crossed her legs preventing herself from further embarrassment of just dumping piss in the middle of a public place.

 

 

Bom hissed in irritation, “Can’t you hold it down?”

 

 

“Unnie, they were eating. I don’t think they’ll go anywhere. I really need to go” Minzy pleaded.

 

 

With another hissed, “We have to make it fast!” then the three of them went to the restroom.

 

 

Inside the cubicle, CL sent Dara a text before standing up and flushing the toilet. After washing their hands, they made their way back to their hiding spot.

 

 

“Sh*t! They’re gone!” Bom hissed when she saw three girls sitting to where Dara and Seunghyun where sitting awhile ago.

 

 

She turned around and glared at her friends with hands on her waist.

 

 

“This is all you fault!” She yelled making other people who were passing by look at them.

 

 

---

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

I planned on inviting the boys over at TOP’s house to kill some time off but Seungri told me that TOP left his house when he arrived there so we just decided to change location and we ended up here at Youngbae’s house.

 

 

Daesung and Youngbae where on the floor in front of their plasma TV playing some video games.

 

 

I plopped down on the sofa and pull the tab off my soda, sitting to a gloomy, early in the morning, maknae.

 

 

“What’s wrong with you? Wake up in the wrong side of the bed?” I joked but his facial reaction was still the same. He was gripping on his phone and stared at it like he was waiting for a call or something.

 

 

“Seriously? What’s wrong with you and where’s TOP?” I asked once again. “He’s not answering any of my calls” I said and chug down on my soda.

 

 

Seungri lifted his head up and looked at me with a pout.

 

 

I rolled my eyes at that scene.

 

 

“TOP hyung went out on a date with Dara noona” Seungri murmured but enough for us to hear.

 

 

Daesung and Youngbae turned and looked at us.

 

 

“They’re on date?” My eyes got wider. I can’t believe this! What happened here?

 

 

Seungri just pouted even more and nodded his head slowly, “He was about to meet her when I arrived at his place. He told me briefly that they’ll be meeting in the mall or something and I couldn’t get other details from him as he hurriedly bid goodbye”

 

 

Seungri was not the only one who felt bad about it. I felt my heart sank hundreds of feet deeper. I had the courage of letting my emotions shown to Dara yesterday and I’m not feeling ashamed of it and was actually grateful for her who just comforts me in my doleful moment. During the entire night, I kept my hold on her hand coz I want to feel her presence even more as if I’m not satisfied just by sitting next to her. I always feel calm and reserved every time I’m with her and besides the fact that I can’t control myself from staying away from her. I always feel this strong connection, gravity pulling me to her whenever I touch her… feel her. There’s this electricity leaving my body weak and my heart pounding. I can’t explain what it was but it was something that I’ve never felt before.

 

 

I had a hard time finding my sleep last night thinking over how messed up my life was. I can’t sort out my feelings for her, my parents, coz I myself was having a hard time dealing with other things. My emotions right now are swirling and drowning me into the depth of me. Confusion, hatred, admiration, pain… Even if I’m feeling pain just by the mere thought of my family’s situation, my heart would always melt whenever Dara’s angelic face would pop out of nowhere, distracting me from my agony. I could say that she got the best out of me and for the rest of the night, my mind lingers on Dara’s memory until I had finally surrender to lethargy and slumber back with a smile.

 

 

When I woke up, the first thing that pops into my mind was Dara’s smiling face and it had me also smiling. Unknown to her, she actually helps me forget about other things.

 

 

Now, I’m back to being confused once more. Why do I feel dejected over the fact the she is with my friend, my best friend, at this moment? I thought TOP likes Bom noona? What happen to that? Did he change his feelings over night? And what about her? Does she like TOP, romantically?

 

 

My heart is constricting in pain and I don’t know why.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys!

I'm back with another update... =D

 

faithandhope

MillionDollarBaby21

dragonflyhigh

Thank you for subscribing!!!

 

Just to give everyone a glimpse of TOP and Dara's outfit:

Doesn't he look so HOT in a casual attire?

and of course... pretty as usual...

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!!!

  ♥♥♥