Beautiful Melody

Broken Strings

I've got a bad news and good news for all of you...

First, the bad news is that this is a short chapter...

 

I'll let you off the hook and let you finish the story first before I tell you the good news. kekekek~~~

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

It’s been 20 minutes; Dara and TOP are having a great conversation now. They got rid of their awkwardness and felt really comfortable with each other not knowing why since it’s their first time meeting each other.

 

 

“Do you want to play?” TOP suddenly ask.

 

 

“Oh no. It’s okay.” She shyly answered.

 

 

“C’mon… Play something. Make use of the guitars. They really feel lonely just hanging up there and what do they get? Nothing! but dust.” Top delightedly said as he grabs one acoustic guitar and gave it to Dara.

 

 

Dara on the other hand chuckled as she holds on for the guitar that TOP gave her. She looks at TOP who grabs a small round chair and placed it behind her. He motioned her to start playing something. She strums the strings to check if it’s in tune. She turns the tuning pegs making sure that the guitar is now in tune and not long after, she started to play a slow melody. That melody that she always play. The melody that is very dear and close to her heart. The one that her umma composed.

 

 

As she started to play, TOP just look at her intently, amazed by her talent. ‘She’s good’ He thought. He let her finish and when she stopped he claps his hand like a child that just finished watching a magician performed his tricks and Dara bows and wave her hand in the air.

 

 

“You’re good. Did you compose it?”

 

 

“Aniyo. My umma did.” She said and gave TOP the guitar back, he wasn’t able to catch the sadness in her voice as he was busy placing the guitar back.

 

 

After putting the guitar back in its place, he glances at Dara. “That guitar must be happy now. I bet you the other guitars are now jealous of it. They’re like shouting pick me! Pick me!” He said stretching both of his hands upward while jumping up and down.

 

 

Dara just laugh at his antics. “You’re weird! You remind me of someone.”

 

 

“Huh! I’m not the only weird person here.” He said as he looks at Dara. “I caught you talking to the guitar you were holding while I got you a chair.” He smirk and gave her a knowing look while wiggling his eyebrows up and down.

 

 

“You caught me. I’m not going to deny.” She said while chuckling with her head bowed down. “I guess we’re from the same mothership!”

 

 

‘That reminds me of the corn monster!’TOP thought. “Dara, Can I ask you something?” He just wants to assure something that’s bugging him lately. “Yeah sure. What is it?” she asks while looking at TOP. “Do I look like an alien?” He suddenly asked with his face impassive. Dara stared at him then she placed both of her hands in her face and laugh softly. “Hey! I’m serious here!” He half yelled.

 

 

“That is why it’s so funny!” She said while her hand clutching her stomach and the other hand covers . “You look serious but your question is out of this world!” She couldn’t stop from laughing. She really finds it funny.

 

 

“Just answer me”

 

 

It took a couple of minutes before she calms down. “Why did you ask in the first place?”

 

 

“Coz someone referred me as an alien and told me to go back to my own mothership”

 

 

“Maybe because you’re acting weird that’s why that person told you that” she stated. “Plus you have an unusual hair color.”

 

 

But before he could answer her, TOP’s father came back and called for Dara. Both of them went to the counter and get the guitar and placed it inside its hard case she then pay the bill for the services.

 

 

“It’s nice meeting you Dara” TOP said while smiling. “I had fun talking to you and hopefully I could see you again.”

 

 

“Same here. Maybe you could give me your number and contact each other since I barely know anyone from here.”

 

 

He was taken aback again. ‘She’s so blunt! Ask a guy for his number? I should be the one asking her!’TOP thought but he seems to love the idea that he’ll be seeing her again as they exchange numbers. “I’ll contact you soon and maybe introduce you to my friends if you’d like.”

 

 

“Sure. I’d like that. Bye for now!” She chirped as she saw TOP went inside the back room and she went for the front door. She pulls her hood on top of her head and keeps her head down as she started to walk along with only the light that’s coming from the shop illuminates in the dark street. Her mind’s drifting off to somewhere when something… or rather someone bumps in to her. That made her back to her trance. “Umph! Oh… Mianhe” she softly said as she bow down a little refusing to look at the one she bumps into.

 

 

“Mianhe…” A low voice answered.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, guess who bumps into Dara????

any guess???

I don't want to spoil too much details...

hehehehe

Did you enjoy reading this chapter?

Anyway, the good news I want to tell earlier is that because this is a short one, I'll be posting another chapter later tonight .

Whoopie!!!!

Are you glad to hear the news???....

hehehehe

 

Another thing, I want to thank:

shiningKat

SpunkiMonki

shuurei

paperblob

jaja31

Thank you for subscribing!!!!!

 

To myjoyce1986 and ApplerUra: I'll figure something out where to insert some fanboys.... Thanks for giving ideas... ^_^

myjoyce1986: I can't say much to Dara's hair color but eventually her hair will get back to normal so should wait for that... ;p

ApplerUra:  there will be topbom moments soon.... hehehehe....

 

Do continue subscribing and leave comments!!!! ^_^

bye for now!