Introduction

Broken Strings

YG Academy for Arts and Music is ranked first in Korea’s best school for aspiring musicians and artists. They take pride for those who entered YG Academy coz they have the best and probably the most ruthless academic program there is that’s why it is well known for producing the best composers, singers, dancers, painters, sculptors, actors, actresses and etc. in the entertainment industry as of this date.

 

YG Academy has its own unique feel and vibe from their building down to its staffs. They are the best because they provide high quality facilities and great amenities to suit the needs of their students and their instructors were from different parts of the globe who have mastered their specialties. At the same time, everybody also knows that the academy is ruthless because of their strict ways of disciplining and honing the skills of their students. Some of the alumnus’ have stated that they have shed blood and tears throughout their entire stay with the academy.

 

‘Quality over quantity’. That is the academy’s motto.

 

The Academy accepts only limited students each year. They have been receiving some criticism though coz many talented teens have tried but failed to enter YGA. Chairman Yang Hyun Suk have stated before that mere talent alone is not acceptable. Aspiring students should have devotion and burning desires to master their craft. That is why he claimed that only gifted ones are accepted. To qualify their standards, each aspiring students must undergo 3 stages. First, they should pass the written examination. After passing the exam, they have to go to the preliminary audition where they’ll showcase their talent. Third and last stage is the interview to asses each individual.

 

Each year they celebrate their festival which lasts for 3 days. People anxiously awaits this event for this is the only time where in they open the academy’s ground for public. Well not necessarily the entire school but some parts of it. During the first day, they open their gallery for their students’ art works.  Then the second day, they open their theater for their actors and actresses which perform plays. Then during the last day, the most attended among all activities, the concert. This is specifically for their musicians to perform live on stage.