Fireworks

Broken Strings

 

WARNING: Topbom moments

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

When I received a text message from Chaerin, that was my cue. I actually asked the waiter earlier while telling him our orders if he could put ours in a take-out cup so that we can easily sneak out. Good thing Seunghyun was not prying anymore and just let me drag him.

 

 

We’re now here inside the salon and face the girl behind the counter who is obviously eyeing Seunghyun with lust.

 

 

“Good morning” the girl greeted and obviously flirting with guy right beside me as if I’m invincible. “What can I do for you?” I rolled my eyes as she purred and that just sounded disgusting! It has a double meaning to it. This girl is so lucky that Bom didn’t hear her or else, she’ll storm right here and beat the crap out of her sorry !

 

 

Seunghyun seems not affected and looked at me. That was the time the girl notice I am standing beside him and cocked me an eyebrow. The nerve of this woman! I don’t know if I can wait for Bom to kick her coz I’m about to do it myself. What a B*TCH!

 

 

With my pissed off face, “I want to change my hair color” I told her as I also an eyebrow.

 

 

Me and this girl where having a staring contest… actually, more likely a glaring contest when we were distracted with Seunghyun’s deep voice.

 

 

“Well, that makes the two of us”

 

 

My head abruptly snap towards Seunghyun and I shot a questioning look at him and saw him smirking at me.

 

 

“Well, I guess I have to change my hair also. I don’t want to be the only one left with a weird one”

 

 

This just keeps on getting better! I didn’t say anything but just beamed at him. I was so happy that he was helping me to the fullest without his knowledge.

 

 

After the girl scowled at me, she went somewhere and when she returned, she was followed by another person wearing a uniform with the salon’s name patched in her upper left shirt. She was nice unlike the one in the reception and assists us on black styling chair. Me and Seunghyun were seating next to each other facing a full body mirror. The staff gave us each a catalogue with different hair colors to choose from and she introduced herself as Hyori.

 

 

“What color would you like Ma’am?”, Hyori asks me and pulls out my bun and let it flow in my shoulder. She smiled at me through the mirror while she inspects my hair.

 

 

“You have a lovely hair Miss” she said and when I peek at her through the mirror, she was still smiling at me and then she glance over at TOP who was assisted by another staff named Dambi.

 

 

“You and your boyfriend do standout” Hyori cooed and winked at me. I jerked upon realizing that she meant me and Seunghyun.

 

 

I turned to my left and look at Seunghyun, mortified. He probably heard her and saw him chuckling. I looked in front again, “He’s not my boyfriend. He’s just a good friend of mine” I stuttered.

 

 

Both Hyori and Dambi looked shock. “Oh. That’s too bad. I also thought you two were in some sort of a realarionship… you two kind of look good together” Dambi said and Seunghyun kind of whispered something to her and she nodded her head and made sounds like ‘Ooohhh’.

 

 

I don’t get the chance to hear it so I arched an eyebrow towards Seunghyun quizzically and he just shrugs.

 

 

“Well, have you picked one yet?” Hyori asked me which distracted me from sending some telepathic messages from the guy beside me.

 

 

I looked at the catalogue again but I can’t seem to decide which one I would like so I looked at her through the mirror, “I can’t decide for myself… what would you recommend?” I asked.

 

 

“Well, for a start, what would you like? Blonde? Brown? Or Black?”

 

 

“Uhm… I’d go for Brown”

 

 

She peeks to the catalogue I’m holding and pointed, “I’d recommend Brown Auburn for you. It will match your eyes and it will go perfectly with your skin complexion” she said.

 

 

“Okay. Since I trust you, let’s go for Brown Auburn” I smiled and close the catalogue to give it back to her. I turned to Seunghyun, “How bout you? What would you get?” I asked.

 

 

“I don’t know. What do you think would suit me?” he asked.

 

 

“Are you sure you two are not dating?” Dambi asked as she glances at me and back to Seunghyun, giggling with Hyori on the process.

 

 

“Yup! 100% sure!” I beamed.

 

 

‘And if I did, Bom would kill me’ I thought and I cringe once I imagine myself faced with the Bominator.

 

 

“What a shame!” Hyori added which makes the two of them laugh, well actually, me and Seunghyun joined them in but we kind of had an awkward laugh.

 

 

“I think Light Ash Blonde would fit you” I said to Seunghyun.

 

 

“Okay. Ash Blonde it is” he announced and gave the catalogue back to Dambi.

 

 

We were now sitting with a hair streamer above our heads with magazines given by Hyori and I can feel that Seunghyun kept on glancing at me. I peek at him and he was indeed looking at me.

 

 

“Care to explain to me now? We’ve spent plenty of hours together and you still haven’t say anything yet”

 

 

Oh my… This is it.

 

 

I sigh

 

 

I shift on my seat to slightly face him. ‘Here goes nothing…’

 

 

I look at him straight in the eyes and he seems taken aback with my seriousness.

 

 

 “Do you like Bom?”

 

 

He stared at me with wide eyes and I have to wave the magazine in his face after a few minutes being immobile to get him back from the shock. He blinked multiple times and opens his mouth but he closed it again.

 

 

“Well?” I urge.

 

 

He cleared his throat, “Why are you asking me this all of a sudden?”

 

 

Nice way to evade my question!

 

 

“You didn’t answer my question. Do you?”

 

 

His body became rigid and he shifts in his seat uncomfortably then he faces on the other side. I am so dumfounded on the way he is acting so I look at his expression on his mirror and I gasped.

 

 

“Yah! Choi Seunghyun, are you blushing?” I ask incredulously.

 

 

He tried to hide his face by not looking in my direction but too bad for him, his hair was all bundled up so I can see perfectly how his face turns red, even his ears are turning red!

 

 

“So… you do like my cousin huh?” I ask taunting.

 

 

Finally he resigned and faces me. He kept on patting the back of his hand unto his cheek as if it will lessen the color in his flushing face.

 

 

“Where is this conversation going?” he asks kind of shy and look anywhere but me.

 

 

I shrug and flip the page on my magazine, “Coz I know for a fact that Bom likes you too” I glance at him and he is now wearing a dumfounded expression.

 

 

His brows were furrowed, he may be thinking deep or he’s just trying to analyze what I’ve just confessed so I continued, acting nonchalant.

 

 

“Actually, she’s here somewhere. She just lost track of us and probably going berserk”

 

 

He breathes a heavy intake as realization dawned on him. His eyes wide and jaw dropped.

 

 

“This is all your plan isn’t it?” he asks, sounds accusing and I smirk.

 

 

Finally!

 

 

“It took you both long enough to actually confront each other so I decided to step in and help”

 

 

He grins and shook his head, “You’re wrong… I don’t think your cousin likes me Dee. She despises me”

 

 

Now, it’s my turn to shake my head, “I don’t think so Seunghyun. I know my cousin all too well. You just wait… and see it for yourself. You both were too stubborn and try to get into each other’s neck, shows how much you hate each other but the effect was the opposite” I said and once again, he flushes into crimson red. I just have to laugh at him.

 

 

“Why do you say so?” he asks.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“That Bom likes me? How can you tell?” this time, I can sense eagerness with him.

 

 

“While I was still in New York, everytime we talked, she always tells me about this certain guy whom she likes but always try to pick on her. When I saw the two of you together in one room for the first time, I knew she was talking about you”

 

 

He gasps, “She talks about me?”, in a state of shock.

 

 

I nod, “Yeah. All the time. Sometimes slip of the tongue. Especially whenever you do something that makes her go jumping… Like the kiss last night”

 

 

“She told you that?”

 

 

“Yeah. So believe me when I say she likes you. She probably felt beyond like… I think she loves you” I said it in one go and glance up on him.

 

 

His jaw now was on the floor and gaping on me, I just have to laugh.

 

 

“Will you make a move on her now? I know I’m not in the position to say those things to you but you two are driving everyone crazy. We’re all anticipating on what’s gonna happen next”

 

 

“You say she’s here?”

 

 

“Yeah. I kind of bluff on her last night that we’re on a date. I know she’ll stalk us. And I saw her earlier with Chaerin and Minzy” I smiled all to sweetly at him and he chuckles.

 

 

“So, you did this all on purpose I guess” His eyes are twinkling and I don’t know what’s going through to his head.

 

 

“So, what are you planning to do now?” I asked while wiggling my brows up and down.

 

 

He smiled showing all his perfect white teeth, “You have something in mind?” he asks.

 

 

Oh yes I have.

 

 

I told him what I had in mind and he is pleased on my idea.

 

 

“You’re one crazy woman!” he praised and he can’t hide his amusement in his tone.

 

 

Seunghyun was already done with his hair and I gawk at him in appreciation.

 

 

“Well, well,well, somebody didn’t tell me how good looking you are with some normal hair color” I said appreciative.

 

 

“You think so?” he asks, grinning while checking himself on the mirror.

 

 

“Dambi did a pretty good job. You should give her some big tip” I answered.

 

 

“Oh. I will, for sure”

 

 

Seunghyun was ushered near the reception while Hyori was still busy giving my hair some flare and style. When she was done, I admire myself for a few seconds in front of the mirror. I already have forgotten how I looked like with brown hair. And for a moment, all the memories in the past have flashback. I shook my head abruptly to shake those horrible times out of my mind. This is a perfect day and I don’t want to ruin any of it.

 

 

I gave Hyori some pretty big tip and hug her, thanking her for a job well done before I walk to where Seunghyun is.

 

 

He was reading some magazine while listening to some music, I guess, and when he lift his head to look at me, his eyes suddenly got wide and was frozen on his spot. He slowly removes his ear plugs and stood up but not moving an inch on his spot.

 

 

I smiled, shyly, while I approach him, “Well?” I asked and gesture my hands in air trying to ask how my sudden change goes.

 

 

“Wow” he breathes.

 

 

I frowned.

 

 

He took on small step forward and his lips slowly curved upwards, “God damn Dee! You look…” he trailed and can’t continue to find any words to finish his compliment, “Wow” he says again, “Just wow”

 

 

Hyori step in and stand beside me as she put a hand above my left shoulder, “Doesn’t she look prettier?” She asks and Seunghyun just nod while grinning.

 

 

I felt myself got embarrassed more. I really don’t usually receive many compliments from other people regarding my looks. My family was the only ones who would have the guts to tell me I’m pretty although I don’t feel that way. I always got praised for my talent but now, people praising me on how I look, I feel a little bit uncomfortable coz I’m not used to it.

 

 

We bid goobye to Hyori and Dambi before we make our way to our next destination.

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

It’s past lunch time and I am feeling utterly bored. After all Seungri’s drama towards TOP and Dara’s date, now he was completely out of it and I think he has forgotten about it already. He was having a good time playing Xbox with Youngbae.

 

 

Daesung sat beside me on the couch while holding unto a newspaper. He flips through page after page and then stuck on one page and I can see him thoroughly reading some article, I think, and then he suddenly burst into laughter.

 

 

“What’s with you?” I asked bemused.

 

 

He kept on reading and I got curious so I peek in and was shocked to see that he was reading the Horoscope portion!

 

 

Seriously… Daesung? Horoscope? Jeez. I can’t comprehend.

 

 

“Nothing hyung. This is some funny sh*t. Hyung, what’s your horoscope?” he asked.

 

 

I raised my brow and lean back to give him an ARE-YOU-SERIOUS look.

 

 

“C’mon hyung! Don’t be such a party pooper” he teased, “Ah! I remember… Leo”

 

 

I ignore his enthusiasm and let him continue with his fun.

 

 

“Others, particularly family members, might be rather quiet today…” he stopped and look at me cautiously. Well that was some true sh*t! My parents are gone and I couldn’t give a damn on their whereabouts. I gesture my hand to let him continue and he kinda hesitate but continued anyway, “but an engagement with a current or potential romantic partner could involve a lot of communication on a subtle level, enjoying each other's company while not saying much. You're likely to feel especially passionate today. Buy yourself some new clothes and look your best. Your aesthetic sense is especially high right now. You could also give some thought to artistic projects. Writing could come from deep within, whether through letters, poetry, or novels, allowing you to express a facet you don't often see. Use this spiritual gift and dig deeper. Inspiration could be all around you.”

 

 

Hmmm… writing… a new song maybe… but meet a current or potential romantic partner? That was something.

 

 

He looked at me once more and I know his analyzing my expression and I just shrug. I don’t want to think about it.

 

 

He went back to read, “Now here’s the interesting part… Love” He looked at my direction once more and grin. I know he’s just trying to avoid any uneasiness and I’m thankful for that.

 

 

“Even if you have been having problems lately with someone whom you absolutely adore, you will find that the celestial energy soothes away any difficulties, and enables you both to see what is truly special and beautiful in each other once again. A gift will cement the bond, and show your honey how much you really care. Be open to miracles, and your relationship will begin to blossom daily.”

 

 

He faces me, again, and wiggles his brows and indicating something before he went back to reading.

 

 

Wait! There’s more?

 

 

“You would want to buy something cute and small to wash away any certain bad vibes and attract good vibes instead. Lucky color is white” he continued.

 

 

We looked at each other and started to laugh.

 

 

“I told you that were funny.” Daesung says after awhile.

 

 

I shook my head still smiling, “Only a fool would believe in those” I said and stood up, straightening my pants down.

 

 

Seungri turned with a frown, “Hyung, are you leaving?”

 

 

“Yeah. I’m going. I can’t sit here all day watching you play and hear weird sh*t from horoscope man here himself” I scoff and fish my car keys in my pocket.

 

 

“Where are you going?” he asked.

 

 

I shrug, “Off to somewhere where I can find new inspiration on writing new songs” I answered and make my way out of the house. I stop in front of the door, “Youngbae, I’ll bounce, thank Auntie for me” I bid goodbye and went straight to my car.

 

 

Now where to go?

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

We were now on our way towards the ground floor, after buying movie tickets. I asked Chaerin awhile ago on their whereabouts. She had ranted on me through text on how both Minzy and her are going crazy on coaxing Bom to stay within the mall and search for us. Now, they are waiting in the ground floor, near the entrance, hiding behind the pillars for any sign of us.

 

 

While encouraging Seunghyun on our plan, we spotted the girls, their back facing us. Chaerin and Minzy were standing two feet away behind Bom, not even bothering to hide while Bom, her body was all pressed in the pillar trying to hide. That was a funny sight I tell you.

 

 

We went nearer and tap both Minzy and Chaerin’s shoulders. They got startled and both turned at the same time. I pressed my index finger on my lips to silence them. At first, their brows were knitted and when it dawned to them who was standing before them, they gasped. I pressed my index finger once more unto my lips telling them to not make any more noises and they nod.

 

 

Minzy and Chaerin’s eyes dance between me and back to Seunghyun for a couple of times.

 

 

“Ssshhhh! Be quiet! They might hear us” Bom hissed swatting her right arm in the air without looking in our direction.

 

 

Our eyes shot all at once at her and we all giggle, trying to suppress our laughter.

 

 

“Sshhh! I said be quiet!” Bom hissed once again.

 

 

I took few steps to her and poke her in the back.

 

 

She swats her right arms in the air again and hissed, “Stop poking me! Dara and my tabi might walk in”

 

 

My brows arched up and I looked back and saw Seunghyun wearing the same surprised-amazed look.

 

 

“My tabi?” Seunghyun voiced out and we all giggled.

 

 

Bom’s body suddenly straightens and went still, and slowly… very, very slow, she looked behind her. When her eyes landed on me and Seunghyun, who was now standing beside me, she leaped backwards, crashing her back unto the pillar with a gasp. She abruptly covered with her hands and look at me and Seunghyun with wide eyes.

 

 

Seunghyun stepped forward and I stepped backwards, joining Minzy and Chaerin.

 

 

Bom stared at Seunghyun, alert and confused at the same time.

 

 

“Did you just call me… YOUR TABI?” I can hear the playfulness on his voice and I bet he was smirking down at her.

 

 

Bom didn’t move but continued staring at him still wide eyes until her face turned the same color as her hair.

 

 

Seunghyun leaned forward and level his face with her and the three of us who were watching them in anticipation, can’t help but to giggle.

 

 

“Did you bite your tongue?” Seunghyun asked and raised his arms to hold on both of Bom’s wrists. He slowly eases her hands away from . “Why can’t you answer me?”

 

 

I saw how Seunghyun’s hands slowly brushes away from her wrists down to her hands and clasp them with his as he laid them at her side.

 

 

“W-w-what a-a-are you d-d-d-doing here?” Bom stuttered while staring at him. Maybe she was bewitched with his new look that she can’t seem to comprehend on all the things that are happening.

 

 

I should be the one asking you… what are you doing here? Why are you hiding behind the pillar and why did you call me your tabi?” Based on his voice, I know for a fact that he was getting more anxious and spurt those entire questions at once.

 

 

Bom blinked multiple times but didn’t say anything.

 

 

I manage to step near them and pat Seunghyun’s shoulder, “Well, I guess we should be going now. Have fun with your date and… goodluck!” I cheered and drag Chaerin and Minzy out of the picture. We continued to walk without looking back despite the anguish on Bom’s shouting calling us back.

 

 

“Unnie… you look great!” Minzy complimented while we were walking. Both her and Chaerin kept on gazing at me from head to foot since we appeared on their sight and I can’t help but to blush. I’m really not used to people staring at me.

 

 

“Thanks” I muttered.

 

 

”You definitely rock that hair unnie! You look really pretty” Chaerin said and I don’t know what to say coz this is getting awkward.

 

 

We stop by the entrance door just outside the mall, “So where are you up to now unnie?” Minzy ask.

 

 

“I have to go home now. Umma expect me to help her with her gallery” Chaerin answered and she turned to me, “How bout you unnie? Are you going home?”

 

 

I shook my head, “No. I’ll wander around some more. I haven’t really explore Seoul that much since I came back”

 

 

“Okay. I’ll come with Chaerin unnie and head home. Be careful unnie” Minzy said and we all exchange hugs and kisses before we go our separate ways.

 

 

Now… where to go?

 

 

 

---

 

 

Meanwhile, back at the mall…

 

 

“Yah! Where are Dara going? Yah! Let me go!” Bom squirmed and tried to free her arm where TOP was holding tight.

 

 

“We’re on our own now and we should probably get to the cinema before it starts” he answered coolly.

 

 

“Cinema? What cinema?” she asked bewildered.

 

 

Seunghyun started to move and ignore her question while dragging Bom with him.

 

 

“Yah! What are you doing? Where are you taking me? Yah!” She yelled while throwing light punches on Seunghyun’s back. She was startled when he abruptly halts and faces her causing her to bump her nose on his chest. She looked up and was welcomed by his I-have-a-secret grin. She felt her heart stopped and her cheeks warmed.

 

 

“We’re going on a date” he simply said

 

 

Bom’s eyes almost popped out of its socket and her lips slowly parted.

 

 

Satisfied with her reaction, TOP started to move again but stopped when Bom tugged her arm.

 

 

“Date? Why would you think I want to go on a date with you?” she asked in whisper.

 

 

TOP raised an eyebrow and smirk, “You just called me Your Tabi. That says it all”

 

 

Bom’s brows connected, confused.

 

 

TOP saw her frown and confusion written all over her beautiful face.

 

 

TOP smiled, his most charismatic, all-girls-will-faint smile and inched the distance between them. Bom got startled and wanted to push him when he was inches away from her but she can’t seem to move. Her brain had malfunctioned and body paralyzed, captivated by his smile and blazing eyes.

 

 

“You like me… I like you. So why wait? Dara was right. We have already wasted all these years with our petty arguments. I didn’t know how you felt about me and I always tease you to get your attention coz I thought you don’t have the hots for me and I felt stupid about that. So now, I want to make up for all those years and make things right”

 

 

Bom gape at him. Stunned. She can’t believe she’s hearing this right now. She has dreamt of this moment thousands of times in her sleep. She wished that if she was just dreaming, she doesn’t want to wake up. But reality hit her when TOP caresses her cheek. She’s not dreaming! She stared at him and saw how sincere he was. Her vision started to get blurry.

 

 

“I like you Park Bom” TOP declared softly, staring at her watery eyes with all honesty and sincerity he could muster.

 

 

She sniff, holding her tears back, “You haven’t asked me yet” she murmured.

 

 

His brows knitted, “Ask what?”

 

 

“You haven’t directly asked me out yet”

 

 

He relaxed and smiled, “Park Bom, will you go out on a date with me?”

 

 

 

She nods.

 

 

 

 

They grin.

 

 

 

“Let’s go. We don’t want to be late for the movie”

 

 

 

She smiled.

 

 

They hold hands and made their way to the cinema with fluttering and overwhelming hearts.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sorry for any grammatical errors.

I didn't have time to check as I am anxious to give you an update...

=D

 

This chapter is more focused on Topbom

 

Daragon moments up next!

 

 

kpopcj

sanji30

sweetsasa

clockworkangel

kwinna

iamtriciabelle

Thank you for subscribing!!!

 

Comment and subscribe!!!

♥♥♥