Rabbit Plushie

Broken Strings

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

After saying goodbye to Chaerin and Minzy, I hail a cab and I’m on my way to Itaewon Central. It’s like an open mall, square shaped-two storey building that has a lot of unique stores, side by side. It is practically huge. I decided to stroll around the area coz of its ambiance and what I love the most is the open café that is right on the center of the busy establishment. Since the weather is good, it is the perfect place to chill and hangout, watch people passes by and if lucky, I may spot something I want to buy. Good thing I brought my camera along with me. I could catch some good photos around.

 

 

As I stepped out of the cab, I looked at the time, it’s only three in the afternoon, and since it’s still early, I’ll just stop by at every store and see if there’s something that will catch my eyes before I chill at the café.

 

 

I really like having time on my own. I always do this in New York. Go to places where I haven’t seen or been to, go to art galleries and attend various concerts. It’s really refreshing to have some time on my own, not to think too much of what’s really going on in my life and in the society.

 

 

At first, I stop and take a snap of a child that I spotted eating ice cream. She looks adorable with her yellow dress while on the melted delight. It’s so fun being a child. You don’t actually have to pretend and just enjoy every little thing whether it is simple or grand. You have a freedom of doing things you like and enjoy without worrying of other people around you. Just like this cute girl, how I wish I could turn back time and be a child once again and not pay attention to my surrounding.

 

 

Now, everything would probably be enjoyable if not for these people staring at me. It makes me more conscious. I don’t know what they are looking at. Honestly, is it their first time to see someone enjoying her time by herself? It really irks me. They kept on looking at me from head to toe. Is there something wrong with my dress? Or is something on my face? There was a group of teenage girls hanging outside a clothing store and they kept on gaping at me as I walk by and by instinct, I follow where they are looking at. They were eyeing my shoes. I wanted to confront them and ask if there’s something on my shoes. Jeez! I held on my temper and just passed by them, ignoring their conversation.

 

 

Will I really enjoy myself here? I think I’ve just made a mistake but since I’m already here, I can’t back out now. I’ll just have to ignore these people. I guess dresses don’t suit me at all. Now, I’m asking myself why do I even wear this dress in the first place. I thought it’s a good idea to wear something different but now, it just makes me uncomfortable because of these people eyeing me nonstop.

 

 

‘Jeez people! Get a life! Mind your own goddamn business!’

 

 

I nearly forgot why I’m here. I wanted to relax but it just became the opposite. I need another good diversion.

 

 

I roam my eyes around and just like that, as if heaven just heard my plea. I found the perfect place to divert my uneasiness.

 

 

“Oh! Record store! Good. I need new albums that will go to my collection”

 

 

I entered the store and was greeted by these super hyper staffs. They’re all too cute trying to buy my attention since there are not many of us here to attend to. There is handful of us here inside the store. I was assisted by this guy who has a nice eye smile. Although he’s a charming guy, I can’t help but to feel uncomfortable coz he kept on staring at me and I can feel that he is watching my every move. There was also a part of me, just a teeny-bit, telling me that he’s checking me out. I don’t know if I was just being paranoid or what but I think I’m being convinced as each minute passed coz every time I move or shift, he does the same. He’s just way too close for my own comfort and for a complete stranger, that is just freaky. I can’t focus much on the cd’s as I try to have a good distance between us.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

This is the perfect place to release my tension… Itaewon Central.

 

 

Gahd! Why do I even exert effort on dressing up today? Is this because of the good weather? Or was it because I was able to have a good sleep last night? I have no idea. My initial plan was just to hang out with my friends but now, here I am wandering alone. I am wearing a white button up shirt over a denim vest, white pants, red socks, white shoes and a plaid blazer. It’s funny just by thinking about it. It’s not like I have somebody to impress right?

 

 

Jeez! Now I’m gaining everyone’s attention.

 

 

I just want to take my time alone and think about the past events. My depression, my parents, friends and… Dara. I really don’t know why but she always breeze in my mind. I kept on thinking about her a lot these days that it’s unnerving. Most especially that I’ve found out she’s with TOP. Damn it! Why do I feel uneasy knowing that she’s spending some time with my friend? There should be nothing wrong about it, but I just can’t fckin help it! Especially that I have had a great time last night beside her, holding unto her the entire time. This continues to baffle me, it’s just way too fcking confusing.

 

 

I should relax… breathe in… breathe out…

 

 

“Writing could come from deep within, whether through letters, poetry, or novels, allowing you to express a facet you don't often see. Use this spiritual gift and dig deeper. Inspiration could be all around you.”

 

 

I chuckled upon remembering what Daesung has read awhile ago. I really don’t get the enjoyment on reading horoscope. Those are for girls… for sissies to be exact! What I also don’t get is why people believe and even follow in such false appearance. In my case, I believe people make their own destiny so why care about such make-believe fantasy? It’s crazy on how they foretell people that they will have a bad day or a good day, that they should do this and do that, their lucky colors are this and their lucky numbers are that… it’s just a trick that they put into people’s head. 

 

 

Sigh

 

 

I think I’m getting soft. I’m loosing my swag! Damn!

 

 

Anyway, I’ll just have to visit the record bar first and see if there’s new interesting music these days. I guess there’s nothing to lose if I listen to that goddamn horoscope right?

 

 

That’s right… music… and maybe later, I could explore other stores and buy new clothes or something. I could get new inspirations on my music around here. The central was not packed today so I could easily roam around without being delved by fan girls.

 

 

‘Get a grip dude! Man up! Don’t be a sissy!’ That’s my unconscious yelling at me.

 

 

I made my way towards the record shop and I notice all the workers are huddled up at the counter as I enter. I went straight to Mir upon spotting him.

 

 

“Hey Mir, what’s up?” I asked.

 

 

He turned around, “Hey yo man! Need new albums?”

 

 

I didn’t say anything and just nodded

 

 

“What’s going on?”  I asked when I noticed they were all giggling like fags.

 

 

‘What’s up with them?’

 

 

“See the girl right there?” G.O. pointed to one girl, her back facing us.

 

 

“What about her?” I asked as I gaze on her.

 

 

She has brown long hair and she’s wearing a white sleeveless shirt.

 

 

“She’s so pretty! When she entered, we all thought we saw an angel. Joon immediately rush to assist her. Lucky bastard!” Seungho answered and we all snickered.

 

 

 “I’ll just go look around” I said as I ignore them to let them fantasize about the mystery girl in white.

 

 

I got curious on why these wussies turn all giddy so I try to sneak a peek to testify it for myself whether they were telling the truth, if the girl was really pretty, but I can’t even have a glimpse of her coz her hair was blocking her face.

 

 

I don’t know what’s gotten in me but I kept on walking on her direction without breaking my gaze on her back. There’s this gravity that keeps on pulling me into her. It’s like my feet has a mind of its own as I kept on moving until I was standing few feet behind her back, with stacks of cd’s separating us.

 

 

As I examine her features, she suddenly reminded me of Dara. This girl in front of me is as slim as her. I chuckled when I suddenly thought of Dara. Of course she wouldn’t be Dara. She’s with TOP right now and I’ll probably notice her even from afar because of her hair.

 

 

Jeez! I kept on thinking about her again.

 

 

I decided to scan the cd’s lined in front of me and when I look up, the mystery girl was gone. I turned around and she was already in the counter to purchase whatever she has in hand and I can see all these wussies can’t stop from giggling and ogling at her.

 

 

These boys seriously need to get laid.

 

 

I can see this mystery girl is rather uncomfortable with all these boys crowding her. She kept on leaning away from these Hyenas. Can’t these fools notice that they’re actually scaring their customer? They could be sued for ual harassment.

 

 

 Because there’s much space from where they are standing, I got a chance to view her whole outfit. She’s actually wearing a dress. Sweet! I wonder what would Dara look like if she’s actually wearing a dress? I bet she would still look pretty. She always does.

 

 

Gahd! Here I am thinking about her once again.

 

 

I don’t want to waste another moment so I just focus my attention back to what my purpose is. While I was scanning, I heard one of these fools bid goodbye if not making them look more foolish than they already are.

 

 

“Bye gorgeous!”

 

 

I turned and gape at them with much horror as the mystery girl walk her way out… fast.

 

 

After awhile, I’m done picking new albums and went to the counter.

 

 

“Surprising as it sounds, but dude you’ve got the same taste in music as miss gorgeous” Seungho, who was in the register said,

 

 

“Oh… really? She doesn’t seem to look like someone who would go for Frank Ocean. She seems to be more like a Britney fan or something. But I guess, she got some good taste” I said surprised.

 

 

I bid farewell and went out. While walking along the corridor, I spot mystery girl at the ground floor. I stop on my tracks and lean on the metal railings. I seriously don’t know what’s gotten in me to stop and watch this mystery girl.

 

 

I think I’m going crazy!

 

 

As usual, I can’t see her face, her back facing me and she stop in this candy stall. She bought some cotton candy and I can see the guy on that stall just stare at her and people passing by stop on their track and look at her. Is she really that pretty?

 

 

I can sense her uneasiness from up here. Maybe she doesn’t like the attention she’s receiving and kept her head low but suddenly, she turned her face on the side which gives me a glimpse of the side of her face.

 

 

I gasp.

 

 

Dara?!

 

 

I leaned forward, almost half of my body was leaning beyond the metal railings that it hurts my ribs and I squint my eyes to get a better view and to confirm but it was too quick. I leaned back as she began to start on her tracks and my feet began to move as well. I started to walk slowly at first until I began to double my pace, my eyes did not leave her figure. When she enters a clothing shop, I began sprinting trying to catch up on her.

 

 

My heart was pounding so fast with so much anticipation.

 

 

I am running so fast that it made me catch my breath. I descend the stairs two at a time and avoid people around swiftly. Once I enter the store I saw her enter, my eyes darted everywhere ignoring the female staff that greeted and followed me as I started to roam inside the store.

 

 

I halt when I saw one girl in a corner waiting for her turn in a dressing room, with long brown hair and wearing a white dress. I walked slowly on her way and I put my hand on her left shoulder and turned her abruptly much to her surprise.

 

 

We both gasp

 

 

Her eyes went from shock to admiration as she gapes at me. Her lips curved into a smile and ask, “Can I help you?”

 

 

!

 

 

“I-I… Uhm… Sorry. I mistake you for someone” I apologize and exit the store as fast as I can, leaving the girl I’ve mistaken for Dara demanding for my name.

 

 

This is so fcked up! I am certain I am going crazy that I’m hallucinating.

 

 

This is so embarrassing!

 

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

Those guys in the record bar are scaring the hell out of me. When I’m about to pay, they all huddled up around me. I swear they kept on leaning towards as I leaned away. I even felt someone sniffing my scent or my hair, I really don’t give a fck! I’m scared at that moment and I walk out as fast as I can to get away from those creepy guys. As I was about to exit, I caught a glimpse of a man standing behind the racks, his back facing me.

 

 

Jiyong.

 

 

Ah! What the hell! Why would I suddenly think of him?

 

 

I went down the ground floor and I saw one candy stall. I think I’m gonna be needing one good treat, candy or a chocolate bar or something. I need some sugar in my veins if I don’t want to faint. People kept staring at me its suffocating me.

 

 

One good example was this attendant in the candy store. He seemed surprise to see me and kept on stuttering. I decided to go for a pink cotton candy when I spot them. I missed eating it. I can’t even remember the last time I ate these.

 

 

I’m trying to avoid meeting people’s gazes and I lowered my head, suddenly, I felt this strange force and the hair on my back stood, giving me a creeps. Out of instincts, I think someone was watching me so I lift my head and turned to my left, then to my right. The chills were frightening me and this weird force is enclosing my being so I start on my tracks. I wanted to hide and so I enter the store closest to where I am. I stayed there until the chills were gone before I exited and continue on my tracks. I turned left and went to the restroom. Inside the stall, I hug myself to steady my breathing. I am going paranoid at this moment and I don’t know why.

 

 

I splash some water unto my face and drying it lightly with the help of my hankie, I went outside and I decided to make on last stop at an accessories store to buy something for Yoojin, my stepsister, and maybe something for my mom as well before I head home.

 

 

I enter one shop that caught my eye which displays various accessories. I roam and found at ease inside. It felt warm… homey. This place has everything from different ribbons, hair accessories, phone accessories to bracelets, necklaces, earrings and a whole lot more that I’ve never seen before.

 

 

I’ve forgotten my anxiety right in an instant as my attention was drawn with this delights. My inner girly self has been unleashed and I bet my eyes were sparkling at this moment. I’d love to live here. How I wish I’d have this much fashion accessories at home.

 

 

I found a matching dog pillow plushies. It was so cute and I bet Yoojin would love it.

 

 

 

Maybe I’ll have the other and she can have the other pair. I grab both and continue to roam until I found these cute key chains. My eyes caught on one cute little white rabbit plushie keychain. I am about to grab them when a hand suddenly appeared in my line of sight and within seconds, our fingers touched. I felt the current run through me and my head snapped towards the owner of the fingers.

 

 

 

I gasp

 

 

 

My jaw drop

 

 

 

My eyes went wide

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

The last stunt I pulled was so damn embarrassing. Good thing my friends weren’t here to witness how I’ve made a fool of myself.

 

 

As I continue to stroll down the stores, something caught my eyes.

 

 

‘You would want to buy something cute and small to wash away any certain bad vibes and attract good vibes instead. Lucky color is white’

 

 

I was once again reminded of Daesung’s horoscope.

 

 

I sigh

 

 

Feeling like a fool once again.

 

 

I enter the shop with a mission. I don’t want to prolong any faux pas. So I roam around to find something cute and small and white. While I was roaming around, I saw the girl I’ve mistaken earlier standing at the far end of the store, back facing me and abomination instantly encompass me.

 

 

! She’s here.

 

 

I turned around and was about to walk out but my feet won’t move.

 

 

Another !

 

 

I willed myself to exit before the girl notices me and make a clamor. I am mentally yelling at myself to move and luckily, I step forward.

 

 

Good. But not Good enough. What’s wrong with me? My body’s not cooperating with me. Did I manage myself with some brain damage or something? Why can’t I move my goddamn body!

 

 

I questioned myself and then I felt this gravitational pull once more. I stayed still in my spot and when I turn my head to my right, I saw what I was looking… need was much suitable word, for. Instantly, my body began to move towards that small cute white thing that is hanging on the wall.

 

 

I am about to reach out for it but something brushed off with my fingers, eliciting some spark that reaches from the root of my hairs down to my toes.

 

 

Instantaneously, I turned my head towards the person with fingers bringing electricity down my spine and I think I almost faint with who I saw.

 

 

 

I gape

 

 

 

Mind blank

 

 

 

Visions blurry

 

 

 

Good heavens! I think I really need to consult a doctor! I am seeing things.

 

 

Here in front of me was the mystery girl that I’ve mistaken for Dara but eventually proven that it was not really her awhile ago, but now, she’s here standing with Dara’s face.

 

 

Oh dear Lord… my eyes are playing tricks on me…

 

 

I blink several times but the image was still there. I shut my eyes out and shook my head to shake off the image of Dara. I mentally command myself to count to ten before I open my eyes.

 

 

One

 

 

Two

 

 

Three

 

 

 

 

Six

 

 

Seven

 

 

Before I even finish counting, I felt someone encircle his or her fingers around my wrist and gently shook it. My heart was pounding so hard once more as I felt warmth that is so familiar. At one moment, I felt at ease but then, it was all too quick as I felt afraid instantly… to open my eyes and be welcomed with the face of the girl I refrain to see.

 

 

But my eyes abruptly open with the oh-so-familiar voice calling my name.

 

 

“Jiyong”

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys!!!

new update...

How did you all like this chapter???

 

Don't they look like playing hide and seek???

kekekeke

 

pinkheart

nonetheless

mitzile

UltraChicBaby

may_cassie

Thank you for subscribing!!!!

♥♥♥

 

Please do comment and subscribe...

Love y'all

Peace