Superb Standards

Broken Strings

It is now 11 in the morning and everyone from Music Department where gathered in a large lecture-theater arrangement room. It is now time for Homeroomand during this time of the day, everyone from all levels was gathered for it is the only class for everyone to be able to interact and mingle with each other. It is not necessarily a formal class. They don’t have specific books to rely on. Here, they can talk anything under the sun, with supervision of course. This serves more like a forum or conference within the department as they talk mostly about music, what’s latest and what not.  

 

 

As everyone was waiting, their supervisor, Jinu, came in. Everyone has taken their seat properly while greeting the older man. When the man has taken the center stage, they have begun to discuss about their topic for that day, western music. Everyone was engage into the discussion except for two certain groups who is busy having ‘conference ‘of their own. They don’t have seating arrangement so they can sit wherever they want. Bigbang members who were located at the far end of the room, is discussing about their plans for the upcoming night while 2ne1 girls who were seated two seats below them were gossiping of what’s the latest fashion.

 

 

Then suddenly, the door opens revealing Chairman Yang Hyun Suk. Everyone quieted down as they saw the Chairman. All eyes are on him. Jinu stopped from talking and went to greet Chairman Yang and the latter seems to be discussing something important to the former guy. Everyone was wondering what in the hell is the chairman doing in their class coz he rarely pays them a visit.

 

 

Everyone was anticipating of what doom is about to happen, except for a certain red haired girl whose eyes are twinkling and smiling from ears to ears.

 

 

Jinu proceeded to the center and pick up the microphone. “Chairman Yang is here to announce something” He turns to his side gesturing the man who stood by the door to come in.

 

 

The Chairman walks in trail by a petite girl who has pink hair and wearing outstanding apparel.

 

 

“Dara Unnie!” CL and Minzy shouted in unison with eyes about to pop out. That made everyone snaps their head, gaping towards the two who literally made turmoil.

 

 

“Did they just shouted in front of the Chairman?”

“The nerve!”

“Attention seekers!”

 

 

Those were just some of the murmurs they heard but they just ignore it as their gaze was stuck to the girl standing beside the chairman.

 

 

“Hyung, isn’t it that the girl earlier with Bom noona?” Seungri asks TOP

 

 

Daesung whose wearing a confuse look asks, “What is she doing here with Chairman Yang?”

 

 

“Everyone please settle down” The man who has taken the center stage spoke. “I came here to introduce to you our newest student, Sandara Park” he said as he glanced at the girl beside him.

 

 

Students in the room releases loud gasp and makes surprise faces upon hearing his declaration.

 

 

“But why? I thought this school never admits anyone in the middle of the semester?” a girl named Yoona asks as the girls beside her nodded in agreement.

 

 

“There’s always an exception… because she’s special” Chairman Yang said as he took a quick glance at Dara. “She’s exceptional as I say. She took up Music in Julliard and she specializes in guitar” The older guy suppressing his self from smiling as he stressed the word Julliard.

 

 

Bom, who is listening silently giggle when she saw the expression of the man who’s currently in the spotlight. ‘He sure is a proud papa!’ she thought.

 

 

“She finished her junior year when she left New York just to transfer here” he lied with the last part though coz both he and Dara knows that he’s the one who made her drop the remaining year from her previous school. Dara on the other hand, bows her head as she can’t stop from giggling with his father’s behavior.

 

 

“With that, I’ll take my leave. You can have the floor back now Jinu” He stepped down from the platform and nodded to Dara as he headed towards the door.

 

 

There were murmurs everywhere when the chairman leave and everyone’s attention is now focused on Dara. Everyone questioned themselves coz they find it odd and surprising as to why Chairman Yang takes his valuable time JUST to introduce the girl.

 

 

“Okay. Miss Park kindly find yourself a seat and let’s proceed with our discussion.” Dara bows her head slightly and usher herself on the stairway towards Bom.

 

 

As she makes her way towards her cousin, unknown to her was two pairs of eyes staring intently at her little figure. One with pure bliss and the other is full of curiosity.

 

 

Before Dara could even approach her cousin, CL and Minzy stood up and dash towards Dara and shove Bom away which makes the latter bounce roughly in her seat wincing in the process.

 

 

She caressed her back, “Aww… Oohh… Yah!” Bom shouted but the two seems like they didn’t hear her and pull Dara in a tight embrace.

 

 

“Unnie… I missed you so much…” Mizy whispered.

 

 

“Me too Unnie… I missed you…”

 

 

“Aigoo… I missed you too…” Dara whispered back as she their backs.

 

 

“What’s with the drama?” Seungri asks which earn him a deadly glare from CL.

 

 

“Hey Dara! Why didn’t you tell me you’ll be studying here?” TOP ask merrily. This causes Dara to remove herself from her dongsaengs’ hug.

 

 

“I’m sorry... It’s just… everything’s so sudden” she reply.

 

 

“That’s alright. You don’t have to apologize. I’m glad to be seeing more of you!”  TOP said while beaming.

 

 

Bom snorted and glare at TOP “And who told you that she’ll befriend you?” she asks mocking.

 

 

TOP raised a brow “Well, for your information Corn Monster, I’m already her friend!” then he turn to Dara, “Right Dara?” he asks innocently. He batted his lashes nervously while waiting for the latter’s response.

 

 

Dara nodded, “Neh”.

 

 

This cause TOP to huff as he slightly raises his chin up and smirk. “See? I told you!”

 

 

“You’re such a prissy! I didn’t know aliens could be like that” Bom retorted.

 

 

“I am not a prissy!” the latter retorted.

 

 

“Instructor, why don’t we use this time to let the new student showcase her talent since she seems to capture Chairman Yang’s attention” They heard Jessica’s suggestion with full sarcasm which makes them stop from biting each other’s heads off and look ahead.

 

 

“What are they up to now?” CL hissed.

 

 

The group where Yoona joined few weeks ago silently mocks the new student.  “There’s nothing special about her. She looks average!”  Jessica whispered to Yoona who sits beside her.

 

 

“You’re absolutely right. She looks weird and funny too…” Tiffany whispered chuckling back to Jessica which the latter smirk.

 

 

“Alright! Everyone’s not paying attention anymore on our discussion might as well welcome the new student. Miss Park, would you like to perform for us here on the platform?” They heard him asks flatly but it sounds more of an instruction and these heighten everyone’s’ curiosity as to what could the petite girl could offer.

 

 

Dara was startled and a bit hesitant, she didn’t expect to perform on her first day. “Hey Ssantokki, go kill it! You’ll do great” She heard Bom’s encouragement and with that, she descend herself slowly towards the platform.

 

 

She lowered her guitar case on the floor as she open it and reveal a red Gibson ES-335 Dot semi-acoustic guitar. A different guitar she brought in TOP’s music shop the other day. She takes out a long wire with a jack plug at the end and put it on one of the amplifiers inside the room.

 

 

“How many guitars does she have?” TOP ask no one in particular but loud enough for Bom to hear.

 

 

Bom turned to TOP and answered, “She has 3 different kinds” and return her gaze back to Dara. TOP was surprised for a bit coz he didn’t expect Bom to answer him in a normal way without yelling or glaring. He bit his inner cheek to prevent his self from smiling but it’s too late for him to do that coz Jiyong who is silently watching him already saw his reaction. ‘Aigoo… Why can’t they just admit it?’ he thought to himself, smiling while shaking his head from side to side.

 

 

The students are eyeing Dara’s every movement while waiting for her performance, little did they know that she is now slowly getting nervous that her palms started to sweat. While her back is facing her classmates, she constantly calm herself, ‘C’mon! This is not your first performance. You’ve come a long way Dara….’ She reminds herself as she breathes some air. As she breathes out, she faces her classmates and position herself in front of the microphone.

 

 

She started to strum the strings to check if it’s in tune, she position her left hand on the fret while her right hand is holding her pick. Everyone’s attention is now focused on her when they heard her play some rhythm. She started slowly and found herself enclose with her music.

 


Jigeum naega haneun yaegi
Neol apeuge halji molla
Ama nal jukdorok miwohage doel kkeoya

Naega yejeon gatji antadeon ne mal
Modu teullin mareun aniya
Nado byeonhaebeorin naega nat seolgimanhae

 

 

“Wow. She has an angelic voice….” Daesung whispered

Everyone was stunned with her voice as she started singing.

 



Neomu chakhan neonde neon geudaeroinde Oh
I don't know I don't know
Naega wae ireoneunji
Geutorok saranghaenneunde neon yeogi inneunde Oh
I don't know
Ije nal chatgo sipeo

 

 

“She have improved…. A lot!” CL nudge Bom while her gaze is still fix on Dara.
 



Baby I'm sorry neowa isseodo nan lonely
Saranghagin naega bujokhanga bwa
Ireon motnan nal yongseohae
I'm sorry ige neowa naui story
Sarangiran naegen gwabunhanga bwa
Ne gyeote isseodo


Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely

 

 

Jiyong leaned forward and propped his elbows on his thighs with fists close, ‘She knows how to bring the emotions of her song’ he thought while listening closely to her soothing voice.

 



Nega jalmotan ge anya
Naega isanghan geoya
Imi orae jeonbuteo nan junbi haenna bwa ibyeoreul

Jeongmal jalhaejugo sipeonneunde
Hapil sarang apeseoneun wae
Ireoke haneobsi jagajigo oerounji

 

 

Students are awed with her voice. Surprisingly, they were emerged with her singing, feeling every emotions of the song. Some knows now the reason why Chairman Yang accepted her despite their regulations.

 

 

“I love her voice… It’s so calming… “ TOP blurted out of nowhere.




Neomu chakhan neonde neon geudaeroinde Oh
I don't know I don't know
Naega wae ireoneunji
Geutorok saranghaenneunde neon yeogi inneunde Oh
I don't know
Ije nal chatgo sipeo


Baby I'm sorry neowa isseodo nan lonely
Saranghagin naega bujokhanga bwa
Ireon motnan nal yongseohae
I'm sorry ige neowa naui story
Sarangiran naegen gwabunhanga bwa
Ne gyeote isseodo

 

 

Seungri who was mesmerized by the woman he barely knew said, “She look and sounds beautiful…”

 



Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely

 

 

Jiyong whose eyes never leave Dara suddenly thought, ‘I could feel your pain… Why do you feel lonely? Seems like I’m not the only one feeling miserable’, as he stares right through Dara’s expressive eyes. He was so caught up with Dara’s performance that he didn’t even budge when the latter stares right through his.

 

 


Cuz I'm just another girl
I bami werowo nan
Deoneun gyeondil su eobseo good bye
Cuz I'm just another girl
Neomuna werowo
Jigeum ne gyeote isseodo baby I'm so lonely

 


 

Dara was feeling the song as she sang with her whole heart. The feelings that she has been clamming up and hidden now were flowing through her song. She can’t help but relieved the pain she thought was all forgotten and buried. She scanned the whole room until her eyes caught a certain pair of brown orbs that is intently staring back at her. She somehow felt relieved just by looking at his eyes, the pain she felt moments ago were washed away just by staring at his.

 


Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely
Baby I'm so lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely.

 

 

2ne1, Bigbang and most of her classmates cheered loudly as she finished her song. Well not everyone seems to find her performance interesting, this certain group felt irritated instead, thinking that this new girl will most likely gather everyone’s attention which they don’t like even just a bit coz they don’t like sharing the same spotlight they have with other people.

 

 

“Tch! Another attention seeker!” Yoona hissed.

 

 

Taeyeon, their group leader heard her and asks, “Aren’t you friends with them since you belong in their group once?”

 

 

“Ha! They’re not my friends. I don’t befriended ugly people.” She said as she an eyebrow.

 

 

Bbbbrrrriiiinnnnnggggggg…

Bbbbrrrriiiinnnnnggggggg…

Bbbbrrrriiiinnnnnggggggg…

 

 

“That was interesting… Well done Miss Park… You truly deserve to be here. Welcome to YGA” Jinu said as he approached Dara and patted her arm lightly then faced the students, “See you all again tomorrow, class dismissed!”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The next chapter will be the most awaited meeting!!!!

whooppiiieeee!!!! ^_^

 

lixai16

tindeguzman

RealJemelle

cupidzangel

indahelyka123

flutterby_byul

Mscutielicious

Thank you for subscribing!!!!!

 

Pls. continue reading and subscribing

and

don't forget to leave your comments....^_^

 

MindragonFan: CL and Minzy had their small appearance for this chappie but for the next chapter, they'll have more....