New Project

Broken Strings

 

 

Lunch went perfectly fine after the incident. Seungri didn’t push through any teasing against Chaerin and TOP just kept on stealing glances at Bom whenever he can, giggling on the process. Bom can’t even hold her head high avoiding meeting TOP’s eyes. Their picture together always popped in her mind once in awhile and that kept her blushing every time she remembers. Same with Bom, Chaerin couldn’t even look at Seungri after he gave her the sweetest smile she ever received from him. Jiyong on the other hand, scandalously stares at Dara the whole time, oblivious to the latter since her side is facing him, watching her every move, memorizing her fine features and enchanted by her smile, lulled by her laugh.

 

 

After lunchtime, they were all seated in their seats, engaged with their instructor Jinu during their Homeroom class was suddenly disturbed by the loud screeching sound coming from the speakers.

 

 

 

SCREECH

 

 

SCREECH

 

 

“Attention all students… attention all students… please proceed to the auditorium immediately. I repeat, all students, please proceed to the auditorium immediately. Instructors, please guide the students down to the auditorium.” They heard a lady’s voice commanded, most probably Chairman Yang’s secretary.

 

 

“All right class, we’ll continue our discussion tomorrow. Let’s all head to the auditorium quietly.” Jinu informed the class as he prepped himself. “Please follow me” he said and with that, all students including all the instructors headed their way to the auditorium.

 

 

All students from each department gathered up and taken their seat inside their academy’s auditorium anxious on what was going on. Instructors were all seated in front right after checking their students seated.

 

 

Chairman Yang’s secretary, Miss Gummy, stood in front the platform facing the students. “Good day students and instructors please settled down. Chairman Yang was about to announce something” she left the stage giving the Chairman the spotlight.

 

 

“Good day everyone! I am here standing before you to announce that the preparation for our academy’s festival is about to start by next month” he declared.

 

 

Gasps and whispers started to fill up the room.

 

 

“Why?”

 

“Isn’t it too early?”

 

“Wow! That was so fast…”

 

 

Things like that were heard inside, showing the shock reactions among students.

 

 

Chairman Yang cleared his throat before speaking again, “Students, listen first. I know it is too early for the preparation but there was one proposal this year that we have taken in great consideration and decided to add upon the usual shows we are showcasing”

 

 

Hush murmurs and whispers continued filling the area. All students were now wondering what this addition could be. Is it that really important as to why prepare for it early where only some of the questions students had in mind.

 

 

Chairman Yang yet again cleared his throat to get the students’ attention back at him. This shushed down the curious students and all eyes on him listening carefully on what he was about to say.

 

 

“I have talked about this together with all the faculty members and they have all agreed that it is about time for us to add something new to the table. Add some spice to what we usually offer with outsiders. This year, we have decided to add a MUSICAL as one of our acts for the festival”

 

 

Shock went right through everyone inside the auditorium well except for him and the instructors. Chairman Yang can’t help but to chuckled alongside the rest of the faculty members upon seeing the students’ reactions.

 

 

“Yes. Musical” Chairman Yang has to affirm by the looks of the students looking at him like they didn’t hear him right. “We would still have the art gallery, the theater acts and live performances but I am thrilled to this new addition. The date as to when it will be performed is not yet decided and we will further discuss it, but for the meantime that is all I have to say for now”

 

 

He motioned his hand at the side like he was calling someone hidden behind the curtain. Soon after, Goo Hyesun, the president for theater arts department showed up.

 

 

“I will let Miss Goo discussed further details” he said before stepping down and sat right beside Sean.

 

 

“Thank you Chairman Yang” Hyesun greeted. “Fellow students, as the president of theater arts department, I am here to announce that the new act was presented by me to Chairman Yang right after these school year started. We wanted to do something different this year and I just thought that since all of us here are very talented and capable, it’s enough to produce Musical on our own since that genre is getting a lot of attention as of these days. Glad that Chairman Yang has approved of it.” She smiled towards the latter as he gave her a small nod.

 

 

“I will be asking all officers from each department for a meeting along with our student council right after this to discuss things that are needed to be discussed. I hoped all can participate enthusiastically on this new project” She smiled angelically at the crowd before her.

 

 

“The story line was already approved by all faculty members including our Chairman so let alone, we will not give any further announcement once all departments agreed upon on participating. Our main goal was to unite each department and every student on this one. We would ask the arts department for taking care of the stage and its props while the music department will be in charge of our music and music arrangements and stuff along with it. All departments will be working on this project unlike the past years that each department showcases their specialties on different days, individually.”

 

 

Some students were nodding in agreement with Hyesun’s suggestion. Some were glad to hear that they will be able to interact with other people outside their league especially the seniors since it will be their last year.

 

 

“I hope by the end of this week, everything will be settled. This project will took a lot of time that is why it was announced early. And if things go perfectly as I planned, we would hold an audition by next week right after our preliminary exam. That’s it for now. Chairman Yang?” Hyesun descended the stairs and let the Chairman have the spotlight back at him.

 

 

“By next week is the start of your preliminary exam and we want all of you to focus on your studies first. Like Hyesun just said, the audition will start right after your exams so don’t get too excited and flunked your tests. For those who will have failing marks on any subject, will not be permitted to join ANY, yes, I said any performances at the festival. You may now all go and proceed with your classes and I hope I made myself clear. Have a good day ahead everyone.” Chairman Yang declared emphasizing some words before he stepped down and exited the auditorium followed by his secretary.

 

 

Hyesun ushered all the officers of each departments into one of their conference room, the one that theater arts department holds. Among the attendees aside from the Arts department were representatives from:

 

 

Music department

Kwon Jiyong (Bigbang) - President

Choi Seunghyun (TOP from Bigbang) - Vice President

Seo Joohyun (Seohyun of SNSD) - Secretary

Yang Seungho (MBLAQ) – Treasurer

 

 

Theater Arts department

Goo Hyesun – President

Jung Il woo – Vice President

Park Shinhye – Secretary

Song Jongki – Treasurer

 

 

Student Council

Yoo Inna – President

Kim Bum – Vice President

Jessica Jung – Secretary

Kang Daesung– Treasurer

 

 

As they were settled in, Hyesun begun discussing the details and hand them out the story plot of their project. The meeting started with a lot of questions, doubts and hesitations but it all ended with the assurance and positive outlook from the members. All have agreed to support this new project and aim for everyone’s unity right before the school year ends.

 

 

---

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

Aisht! Another problem added to my long lists. Now that this musical is now on the process, I will have to talk to everyone and help on making the songs needed. We sure had a lot of work. At first I really disapproved on participating coz I am already having a hard time making new songs for Bigbang and let alone, for a Musical? It will eat me alive! I know there are a lot of talented songwriters in our department like Yonghwa of CNBLUE and Yong Junhyung of BEAST but… yes, there is a but… being the president, I have to make sure that I am all-in in making the music, monitor and whatnot. I thought I would have my senior year in ease but I guess not. It will be time consuming and it will most probably drain me physically and mentally.

 

 

I was thinking of so much stuff that I didn’t notice I was spacing out for a long time if not for my best friend TOP who nudged me.

 

 

“Hey. Don’t think about it too much Ji. It is still a long way ahead” he said as to comfort me.

 

 

I just gave him a small smile as a respond as he pats me lightly on my back.

 

 

“Hyung, you know we’re right behind you all the time. If time comes that you feel like giving up, I’ll be your slave if you like.” Maknae grinned childishly. Aigoo. Although this boy right here annoys the hell out of everyone most of the time, he still knows how to show his love for us.

 

 

I messed his hair as I spoke, “I know. I’ll keep that in mind. Just make sure you won’t back out once I make you my slave” I said as I smile feeling a little delighted and the boys just chuckled on our little bromance moment while the maknae just grinned more while nodding looking like a puppy that were praised by his master for obeying.

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

Hyesun and Inna backed out the last minute for our bonding time so I was left alone and decided to go directly at Bom’s house. I am sitting comfortably on their couch by the living room when I heard her whine loudly at her mom at the kitchen.

 

 

“Umma~~why is there no corn left?”

 

 

I can’t help but to release a chuckle upon hearing her mom reasoned, “Why?! You dare ask why? You already ate the last can this morning! That’s why”

 

 

“But why didn’t you buy new stock?” I bet she’s pouting now.

 

 

After awhile, I guess she gave up and sat beside me. I heard her sighed heavily and when I took a peek at her, she is still pouting like a baby. I just had to laugh at her silliness.

 

 

“Yah! Forget about the corn and let’s study for our tomorrow’s exam” I reminded her giving her some encouragement.

 

 

She sighed again before speaking,”But I need my corn…” I raised an eyebrow as I rolled my eyes on her weird way of thinking. “How is studying connected with corn?”

 

 

“I can’t focus on studying if I don’t have corn with me… munching on it. It helps me focus… you know?”

 

 

Seriously? How can you focus on studying if your mouth is busy doing something else? My cousin is really weird!

 

 

We went on and review few subjects for tomorrow’s tests while waiting for dinner with Bom’s family to be served. We were also waiting for Teddy oppa as he promised Auntie to pay a visit and have dinner with the rest of the family. I decided to call him as Auntie told me to do so.

 

 

 

RING

 

RING

 

RING

 

 

 

“Yoboseoyo?”

 

 

“Oppa. Where are you? Auntie wants to know what time you’ll be arriving. Dinner will be served in a few minutes.” I tried to remind him in case he forgot… and for sure, I know he did when I heard him gasped.

 

 

“Ssantokki, tell Auntie I’ll be late. I’ll just wrap things up in here. It’ll be finish soon. Is there a strawberry pie?” he asked.

 

 

“Neh. I saw Auntie propped the pie on the oven before I make the call”

 

 

“Okay. Tell her save me some. I’ll be there in a few minutes. Got to go now so I’ll be able to leave early. See you soon”

 

 

I wasn’t able to respond as he hanged up on me already. Well, I got to check up on Bom with her math problems.

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

We are making the final changes on our new song inside Teddy hyung’s studio when I got distracted by Teddy hyung’s phone call.

 

 

“Ssantokki, tell Auntie I’ll be late. I’ll just wrap things up in here. It’ll be finish soon. Is there a strawberry pie?” he asked.

 

 

My brows furrowed in confusion. Dara? I’m sure he’s talking to Dara as he just mentioned their ‘term of endearment’ for her. But what’s up with the Auntie thing? Is she somewhere else? I thought she and Hyesun noona together with Inna noona will have their ‘bonding time’?

 

 

“Okay. Tell her save me some. I’ll be there in a few minutes. Got to go now so I’ll be able to leave early. See you soon” Hyung said before he hanged up. Maybe that is the reason why hyung can’t keep his still on his chair. He made some arrangements waiting for him.

 

 

“Hyung… Are you in a hurry?” TOP finally asked. He sure is eavesdropping like me upon hearing Dara’s nickname.

 

 

“Yeah…” he answered without even looking at us as he sure kept his attention on the screen in front of him.

 

 

“Where are you supposed to be going?” I asked wondering about the question I had in mind about Dara’s whereabouts.

 

 

“Hmmm… Bom’s house. Dinner with the rest of the family” he nonchalantly answered.

 

 

So Dara is currently at Bom’s place? How come? I am really confused and anxious right now. She would not lie to me and create excuses just to avoid me right? Since I tried to invite her over but declined. I got to get this doubt out of my mind so I will send her a message.

 

 

To: My Dara

Hey… How was your bonding time with Hyesun noona and Inna noona? Having fun?

 

 

I got to act that I don’t know anything and see if she would lie to me. Oh my goodness! Why am I sweating like hell waiting for her reply? Am I that nervous to know her answer? Oh My F-ing Jeeves! I can’t believe this! My hands tremble as my phone vibrated. I don’t know whether to open the message or not. I am being ridiculous right now, ‘Kwon Jiyong! Stop being so f**kin' paranoid already!’ I told myself as I peek into my phone and I was right. The message came from Dara.

 

 

From: My Dara

We weren’t able to go out. Hyesun cancelled the last minute and Inna needs to help her out so we decided to schedule some other time.

 

 

Whew! I never had been so relieved in my life as of this moment! Thank Gahd I was just being my paranoid self. She is telling the truth. Hooray~~~!

 

 

To: My Dara

Really? Too bad… But where are you now if you weren’t able to meet up with the noonas?

 

 

I just have to ask and clarify things so that I would be able to sleep soundly tonight and not be paranoid of everything. I don’t know why but with Dara, I just can’t stay still and act all too cool. My mind is always messed up when it comes to her.

 

 

From: My Dara

I’m here at Bom’s house, studying while waiting for dinner to be served. Please let oppa off the hook early. For sure Auntie would go ballistic if he arrived so late and… so that you would also have the time to study… =D

 

 

Aww… My Dara sure is concerned about me neh? Hahaha. Here goes my paranoid self again. Imagining things which are far from reality and I couldn’t help it! I need some power booster in my system after this long and tiring day.

 

 

---

 

 

The next day

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

Today is the first day of exam. As I entered the academy’s vicinity, I saw students gathered around the Bulletin board. I saw the girls huddled up amongst the students and went there to greet them.

 

 

“Hey girls… What’s the commotion all about?” I asked as I stood behind Mingkki. They all turned to me with a frown.

 

 

“It’s about the Musical. They already posted these posters around the academy” Chaerin said as she pointed at the poster pinned in the huge cork board.

 

 

I tried to tip-toed to see what they were all gushing about and as I saw what is written in the poster, I also frown. “Eh~~~ Fallen?” I muttered as I read the title of the upcoming Musical.

 

 

Photobucket

 

 

 

 

“Isn’t it a bit too common? I mean I thought it will be something new or different” Bom said after.

 

 

I think it’s a bit too common too. I didn’t expect for Appa to agree on this one. He sure does have a thing for being different so how come they come up with this idea?

 

 

Me and the girls didn’t even bother too much about it as we go our separate ways for our classes and prepare for the exams.

 

 

After a long and gruesome morning, I had finish taking up two exams and I am on my way now to the cafeteria as it was time for lunch. I need to eat something heavy for I felt like those damn questionnaires drained all the energy I have. As I walked into the cafeteria, I saw Daesung sitting beside our maknae too focused on the notebook laid in front of them in our table. Chaerin has her earphone up in her ears as she continued to read on her book. Maybe music helps her calm her nerves down. I sat beside Chaerin as I greeted them including the boys at the other table. I now wonder where could my precious little cute cousin of mine is as I roam my eyes out searching for her. When I saw the door opened, she appeared looking devastated. I frowned at her sending her a questioning look as she sat beside me. Her head was hanged low and I could hear her sigh heavily.

 

 

I nudged her to get her attention, “Hey. What’s wrong with you?” I asked then drink the soda I got to get some sugar flow down my system. It will help me stayed awake as I deal with two more tests this afternoon. When she held her head high and meet my eyes, I almost choked down upon seeing her face.

 

 

She looked at me with her round puppy-like-eyes, tears in the brink of her eyes taunting to flow any minute as she pouts. “Ssantokki~~~”

 

 

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked mortified and I saw everyone at the corner of my eyes, meaning 2ne1 and Bigbang, looked at our direction wondering why she is on the verge of crying.

 

 

“I’m doomed~~~” she said while her lips started to quiver.

 

 

“Yah! Did something wrong happen?” I continued to ask her as she gave me little information which is testing my patience.

 

 

She shook her head slowly as she spoke, “Not yet” This girl is really not helping me here. I send her a glare questioning what-the-hell-are-you-trying-to-say look. I think she caught what I’m trying to ask as she continued, “I fall asleep last night… I wasn’t able to review for math…”

 

 

Oh… so that is what she is crying about! Gahd! She should try and audition for the play. She’s over dramatic about little things. I just gave her my hankie as I pat her back for comfort.

 

 

“There’s still an hour left. You should start reviewing” I said as I continued to soothe her back and she just nodded.

 

 

“TOP is good with math. He tops our last test. Maybe… he could help you” I heard Jiyong suggested.

 

 

I felt Bom tensed up upon hearing Jiyong and my head automatically snapped at TOP. “Can you do that Seunghyun? Will you help Bom?”

 

 

“Seunghyun?!” I heard Bom and Jiyong asked at the same time. The remaining 2ne1 and Bigbang members together with me took glances back and forth at the two of them dumbfounded with their sudden outbursts.

 

 

I cocked my head sideways about to ask but just decided to shrug it off as time is ticking and Bom doesn’t have a lot of time in her hands so I shot another look towards TOP. When our eyes met, we really are alike, as he stood up understanding what I’m trying to tell him telepathically and went beside Bom. I stood up for him to take my seat and I saw Jiyong motioned a spot beside him so I gladly went beside him and silently review my notes for the tests.

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

Everyone was silently eating their lunch as everyone was busy studying and eating at the same time. Bom wanted to explode as TOP was leaning too close for her comfort while he taught her what she needs to know for the exam. Bom kept on blushing as she tried so hard not to burst every time she hears him spoke, ‘His voice is so eargasmatic!’ She thought.

 

 

As TOP kept on tutoring her about the things that might be on the test, he can’t help to smirk once in awhile when he finds an enjoyment on whispering intentionally at her coz every time he does, he always felt her shiver lightly and he can see her blush once he peeks at her. ‘This is fun! I didn’t know I can have this effect on her’ he thought as he giggled silently.

 

 

Daesung is explaining intently about Music History to Minzy as the latter approached him earlier and asked for his help. When he finds her reading seriously the notes he gave her, he can’t help but to smile cheekily at her as he pinch her left cheek.

 

 

Minzy turned to her left, where Daesung is seated, surprised with his sudden action. She found him smiling at her, showing his crescent eyes. Her brows furrowed, “What are you doing oppa?” she asked confusedly.

 

 

“Nothing. You’re just too cute pouting while being serious and I can’t help myself… Hehehe” he said as he scratched the back of his head.

 

 

This made Minzy blushed and bit her lower lip as she smiled sweetly at him but her smile disappeared as they got startled by CL’s sudden outburst.

 

 

CL pounded the book she’s reading hard and loud at the table which caused everyone to be surprised and turned their attention at her. “Aisht! Too many lovebirds around here! This iPod is no use! You’re distracting me!” she yelled as she gave deathly glares towards TOP, Bom, Daesung and Minzy.

 

 

The four flinched when their names were mentioned as the other remaining, Seungri, Youngbae, Jiyong and Dara just chuckled on their seat.

 

 

Even if CL doesn’t want to sit beside her most hated person in the world, she doesn’t have any choice as she needs to study for the test so she grumpily stood up and grabbed her things as she went to the other table. “Move rat!” she spat as she eyed Seungri and the latter gave her an evil grin before scooted more to Youngbae.

 

 

“Need me to teach you?” Seungri teasingly asked but he got ignored as CL sat immediately and focus her attention back to the book she’s reading.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry I don't know any artists' name so I wasn't able to give some.... kekekekeke

Sorry to give you guys little moments for our couples... =D

 

cimmotabi

wangao

F-Lien

darkcruzader

piratess

Thank you for subscribing!!!!

♥♥♥