Rain Cats and Dogs Part II

Broken Strings

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

The three of us went back to where we originally seated and noticed that the rain have poured much harder.

 

 

I turned and glared at Inna as she sat down upon remembering what Yoochun had revealed. “Did you know that he has feelings for me even before you started dating him?” I asked bitterly.

 

 

Inna nodded, “Yes” she answered nonchalantly.

 

 

 This irritated me even more as I can see how this whole setup seems like not affecting her… at all, “And you agreed?”

 

 

“Yes”

 

 

Woah! This just blew my mind out to stratosphere. She knew right from the beginning and now acting like it was something that is so common. “Are you stupid?”

 

 

“At that time, Yes”

 

 

I groan out of frustration when I felt my blood boiled.

 

 

“And no one even told me? What else is there that I didn’t know?! It’s like you all are ganging up on me without telling me these important things!” I spat in anger.

 

 

“Dee, it’s not like we need to tell you… It’s all out in the open. You’re just too dense” Inna innocently stated matter-of-factly.

 

 

I slumped in defeat as I muttered incoherent words as they laughed at me.

 

 

I stared outside the window again then suddenly I cursed upon remembering that I didn’t bring an umbrella with me.

 

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” Hyesun asked me worriedly.

 

 

“I wasn’t able to bring an umbrella with me…” I honestly answered.

 

 

“That’s okay, Minho will pick us up. We can take you home.” Hyesun tip off.

 

 

I was about to protest when my phone beeped. I peek into it and smiled upon seeing Jiyong’s name on the screen.

 

 

“Why are you smiling?” I heard Inna asked.

 

 

“Nothing” I answered while my eyes are focused typing in my message.

 

 

This time, it was Hyesun who asked, “Who texted you?”

 

 

“Jiyong” I muttered.

 

 

“Jiyong? The Kwon Jiyong?” Inna asked bewildered.

 

 

“Yeah” I nonchalantly answered and saw Inna’s brows connect while Hyesun shot me a mischievous smile. I checked my phone once again as I read out new message from Jiyong.

 

 

“So what did he say?” she asked.

 

 

“Just asked me if I got home already and I told him I wasn’t”

 

 

I continued to keyed in my message and sent it before I looked at them, “And?” Hyesun continued to pry and by the tone of her voice, it was something that I should be aware of.

 

 

What is she meddling about? This girl really likes to get down to details. She’s like Bom, only Hyesun’s a little gentler than Bom. My cousin tends to go ballistic once someone tries to hide things from her so of course, when she turns into Bominator, people tend to get scared and spill everything out. She even uses tactics like threats, taunts and blackmails. That’s how scary she is.

 

 

“And… ask me if I brought an umbrella with me since it was raining cats and dogs. I told him I didn’t bring any and probably will just wait until it died do-”

 

 

 

RING

 

RING

 

RING

 

 

 

I pick my phone up and pressed on the answer key while both of them eyed me cautiously.

 

 

“Oh annyeong… neh… aniyo… you don’t have to… but… oh… okay… It’s on Cheongdam-dong… Brew Bistro. Okay… drive safely. Bye!”

 

 

After I hang up the phone, I looked at Inna who was eying me under an eagle eye while Hyesun was grinning from ear to ear.

 

 

“What?” I asked oblivious to what was running through their minds.

 

 

“Was that Jiyong?” Hyesun was first to ask and I nodded as an answer. “What did he say?” she continued. See? People, I’m telling you, she’s so persistent on knowing things. She may look angelic but contrast to that is her habit of prying into someone’s business most especially if it sparks her interest.

 

 

“He said he was going to pick me up. I told him not to but he says he’s on the road now and will drop by to give me a ride”

 

 

Just like that, Hyesun’s expression brightened as she clamped her hands and chirped, “So, he’s coming and will send you home?”

 

 

“Yeah”

 

 

“Omo! That is so sweet of him…” Hyesun dreamily chanted.

 

 

Inna leaned forward and didn’t stop from scrutinizing me. My brows furrowed in confusion with her actions. ‘What is wrong with this girl?’ I thought and saw her shifts in her seat uncomfortably.

 

 

“Is there something wrong?” I finally asked her.

 

 

She propped her elbows down at the table, “What’s the score between you and Kwon?” she asked icily, the tone of her voice sends shiver down my spine. The atmosphere started to get eerie by the second she asked me.

 

 

I suddenly got scared. “I-I… Nothing is going on…” I stuttered as I looked into her eyes and I can see that she was sending me deathly messages that I couldn’t comprehend.

 

 

“I should warn you Dee. Stay away from him” She firmly forebodes but it sounded more of a threat to me.

 

 

“W-wh…” I was cut off when Hyesun slapped Inna’s arm slightly as the latter gave her a glare.

 

 

“Oh stop that Inna… They look good together. I have heard a lot from Minho and by the looks of it, it seems like he’s telling the truth” Hyesun interjected.

 

 

“But you know that Kwon has many crazy fan girls and you know what they can do right?” Inna ask the other.

 

 

“I know. But I don’t think he’ll let those girls lay even their finger on her. He seems pretty much into her” Hyesun responded.

 

 

“What do you mean by into her? Does he like her?” Inna’s voice hiked up that is starting to scare not only me but also the people seated near us. I glance on the nearby tables and they were looking at us petrified.

 

 

I happened to hear one comment behind me and says, ‘These girls sure are pretty but are they gangsters or something?’ I think I was the only who heard it coz when I glance back at the two, they are still busy talking to each other.

 

 

“Minho said that he thinks the guy is fond of her. I don’t know exactly what he meant but we are about to witness it. We can tell if Minho is telling the truth”

 

 

“Hyesun, can you even hear yourself? He might just hurt her! She’s gone through so much. I think she doesn’t have to go through with it again”

 

 

Okay… My mind is swirling with random thoughts as these two in front of me confuses me to death! This two started to bicker with each other and they seem to forgot that I was even here… with them. What the effing hell are they talking about? I can’t process everything they’re talking about. I’m so lost with their conversation! And who are they talking about exactly? Like who doesn’t have to go through what? And who’s going to be hurt? Ugh! I think I’m going to get headache too just like Bom.

 

 

I cleared my throat loudly so that they’ll stop bickering and divert their attention back to me. When I did, they both stopped and turned to me.

 

 

“What are you talking about? I can’t… I can’t follow through your conversation. Can anyone explain to me what is going on?” I asked with all the hand movements, dumbfounded.

 

 

They both stared at me for a few seconds like a mushroom just popped out of nowhere then when I snapped by finger in their faces, Inna rolled her eyes out on me and Hyesun cracked up. What the--!

 

 

“What? You two are confusing me!” I spat. Is it me or my mind is just clouded that I couldn’t comprehend on what their topic is all about.

 

 

“Ugh! When will you learn how not to be dense?” Inna groaned in frustration while I tilt my head in confusion.

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

The boys and I decided to hang out at the music shop owned by TOP’s parents. We can’t go someplace else since its pouring hard outside. Me and TOP arrived first and I wonder where could those three be. They were just right behind us but after awhile, I think we lost them and just went straight here. I drummed my fingers on my phone which is on top of my lap as I waited for one of them to reply to my messages. I already sent about 5 or more messages asking where they where and I couldn’t get through to call them with this crappy weather.

 

 

“TOP, do you think something happened to those three monkeys?” I asked loudly.

 

 

TOP appeared from the back room and plopped himself beside me on the sofa and offered me a can of soda. “Stop worrying. I bet those three just saw some random y chick on the road and they tried to woo her or something” he reasoned.

 

 

I cocked my brow with his answer, “In this rainy day? They’d pick some random on the road while the rain is heavily pouring?” Trying to point my view and seriously? Is that all he could even think about? He sure is a weirdo!

 

 

His mouth formed an ‘O’, realizing that what I said was right and right on cue, the three monkeys showed up.

 

 

“Yo, what took you so long?” I asked no one in particular.

 

 

“Ask this guy” Daesung said as he gave Seungri a light push forward.

 

 

I eyed him, urging to explain but he just smiled cheekily at me as he scratches the back of his head.

 

 

“We were put into a halt when this lover boy over here came to the rescue for Chaerin” Youngbae was the one who explained.

 

 

“I think it was only right to not let one girl out in the rain without anything to cover her up” Seungri tried to reasoned out.

 

 

I smiled as the thought of our maknae turning into one fine gentleman. He sure learns from the best, and that was *cough* ME * cough*.People think that he was a self proclaimed player but I think people were just giving us hard judgment just because we love to party and girls surrounds us and stuff but they were just practically seeing that side of us. Sad to say but yes, people see us as hard rock party people who loves to get drunk and fool around with girls that they are blinded by our façade and don’t see the talents we have and how good of a person we all are.

 

 

Anyway, enough with the sentiments and let’s go back to Seungri again. Good to hear that he knows what his priorities are. Too bad I wasn’t there to witness it all.

 

 

“I bet Chaerin made a clamor” I chuckled as I imagined how the cat would revolt around the rat.

 

 

“Aniyo. She was being weird. She didn’t utter anything… not even a simple thank you” Maknae sounded displeased. Maybe he was expecting too much. But, that was weird alright. Chaerin didn’t react wildly to Seungri? I think it was almost impossible not until Daesung and Youngbae acknowledge it.

 

 

“Yeah. She was too stunned and just stare at Seungri” Youngbae said snickering on the process as Daesung nodded.

 

 

We just chill at the lounge and the boys were just talking about random stuff and I also happen to hear how Seungri gave Chaerin his umbrella as I sat quietly on the side trying to make songs for the musical. We were like that for about an hour until we started to get hungry.

 

 

We were munching on the chicken we had ordered and continue to discuss about our plan on the song we will use for the musical. I asked the guys to help me out by giving ideas. We had plenty of ideas on hand and the only thing left was for us to put it into action and record.

 

 

Suddenly, in the middle of our discussion, Daesung stood up, “Oh… I’ll go out for a sec” he said as he placed his phone inside his pants’ pocket.

 

 

We looked at him dumbfounded.

 

 

“Where are you going hyung? How about me and Youngbae hyung?” Maknae asked probably thinking on how they will get home when there was a devastating downpour right outside.

 

 

“I’ll be back. I’ll just pick Minzy at the academy. She was stuck inside the studio and couldn’t get home because of the heavy rain” he answered and we didn’t have any chance to respond as he walked away without even looking at us and just started the engine as he drove off.

 

 

“What’s with Daesung? Why is he in a rush?” TOP said as he looked at us trying to look for an answer as we all just shrugged coz we also don’t have any answer to that.

 

 

Oh! Speaking of that, If Seungri lend Chaerin his umbrella and Daesung is about to pick Minzy, I wonder if Dara brought an umbrella with her. I know that she was with Hyesun and Inna noona, that’s why she couldn’t make it to the meeting earlier, but I can’t help but to worry for her. How is she going home with this rain? Will they be alright?

 

 

Without having second thoughts, I grab my phone and started to key in my message.

 

 

To: My Dara

Hey! Are you home already? Be careful coz its slippery outside.

 

 

Not long after she replied back

 

 

From: My Dara

I’m still here at the café with Hyesun and Inna.

 

 

So, she is still with them. I looked at the time and saw that it had been passed three hours since they went out.

 

 

To: My Dara

Okay. Did you bring an umbrella with you?

 

 

From: My Dara

No… =,( Sadly I forgot to bring one. I’ll probably just stay here until it died down.

 

 

What’s up with these women not owning an umbrella?! They were girls and I supposed they own one right? Coz even I and the rest of Bigbang has one. What is with these girls not to bring one? We all know that there’s a climate change and we can’t forecast whether to rain or not. Aisht!

 

 

I dialed her number immediately and waited for her to answer.

 

 

“Yoboseoyo?”

 

 

“Oh annyeong” she greeted

 

 

“Are you still at the café?” although she has told me that she’s still with her two friends, I just want to make sure that she’s not going anywhere.

 

 

She confirmed, “Neh”

 

 

“Will you leave any moment?”

 

 

“Aniyo”

 

 

‘Good’ I thought

 

 

I have made up my mind, “Okay. Wait for me. I’ll pick you up”

 

 

“You don’t have to” she answered immediately but I won’t take no for an answer. Who knows what could happen to her. It’s already dark and seems like the rain won’t stop at any moment so might as well send her home to make sure she’s alright.

 

 

“Just… just stay there and wait for me okay?”

 

 

“But—“

 

 

I didn’t let her finish as I interjected, “I’m on my way now”. Okay. I lied. I’m still here at TOP’s place but I can’t think of any reason and I kinda blurted it out of nowhere.

 

 

“Oh… okay” she sounds like she hesitates for a moment but good thing she agreed.

 

 

I tapped TOP and when he looked at me, I showed him my car keys and I point my thumb to the door, signaling that I’ll be going out. He might have an idea already to where I’m going as I caught him eavesdropping. He just nodded and I made my way to my car.

 

 

“Where are you exactly?” I asked as I closed my door quietly as possible. I don’t want her to caught me lying as I told her I’m on my way already.

 

 

“It’s on Cheongdam-dong” Good. I know the place very well.

 

 

“What’s the name of the shop?” I asked so that I won’t have scan every shop looking for them, its just a waste of time.

 

 

“Brew Bistro” hmmm… that sounds familiar.

 

 

“Okay. I’ll be there in a minute”

 

 

“Okay… drive safely”

 

 

My lips started to curve into a smile as I bit my lower lips to prevent myself from smiling too much as my heart flutters with her concern.

“Thanks”

 

 

“Bye”

 

 

“Bye” I throw my phone to the seat beside me after we hanged up.

 

 

I immediately revved up my engine and sped off.

 

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

After my call with Jiyong, I order another slice of carrot cake and ask them to put it in a box. I’m planning on giving it to him as a sign of gratitude. Hyesun and Inna just gave me a sly look and thank heavens for they didn’t even bother asking and I know for a fact that they already knew for whom it is prepared to. I don’t want to go on details coz that might only cause for our conversation to get longer and these two might just start to bicker once again.

 

 

“What time will he arrive?” Inna asked irritatingly as she looked at her watch.

 

 

“Hey… couldn’t you be more enthusiastic on meeting Dee’s future boyfriend?” Hyesun said gleefully.

 

 

I could feel my cheeks burning with her statement. “What?!” I shrieked, “Yah! Jiyong’s just a friend okay? Don’t put any meaning to his actions. He’s just being nice” I defended but it made my heart beats fast even more.

 

 

Why would Hyesun even think that way? Jiyong? My future boyfriend? What is wrong to them! These two is acting all different since earlier and they couldn’t even be weirder when it comes to Jiyong as the topic.

 

 

And I think my body is also going against me and siding with these two. Stupid heart! You’re not helping me. Why go all crazy with the mention of Jiyong’s name?

 

 

Hyesun scoffed, “Yeah right! Who in their right mind would wind up at nowhere in the middle of the storm just to see someone and pick them up just because she didn’t bring an umbrella with her?” she sarcastically stated.

 

 

I rolled my eyes and wanted to disagree but I wasn’t able to as my eyes darted right outside where I saw Jiyong’s car parked into the curb.

 

 

I felt my whole body went numb and I think I even became deaf as my heartbeat was the only thing I can hear. I swear at that moment, everything turns into slow motion. My eyes are focused on only him, watching his every move. From the moment he stepped out of the car and run for the café, raindrops fall on his clothed body, hair flips to the side…

 

 

I was brought back from my dreamy-movie-stills-like-state when I felt someone taps me roughly by the shoulder and right then, every motion came back to normal. I glance at the arm poking me hard and saw that it belonged to Inna. I blinked a couple of times when I saw her handing me hankie.

 

 

“What’s this for?” I asked while taking it on hand.

 

 

“That’s for your drool, honey” She said sarcastically and I can’t help but to feel embarrassed. I can feel my face heating up and I bet I am as red as tomato.

 

 

We heard the waiter greeted someone who just entered and Hyesun had the courage to wave at him for his attention.

 

 

He greeted Hyesun and Inna first before he stood in front of me and when he was about to sit on the empty space beside me, he stopped and his brows furrowed.

 

 

Finally he sat beside me slowly while eyeing me and asked worriedly, “Did you get sick?” He even planted his hand on my forehead and feel my temperature.

 

 

I heard Hyesun giggled and I abruptly shot her a look that tells STOP-IT. I brush off his hand carefully before he can feel how my face has gotten even hotter than it already was.

 

 

“No” I answered meekly.

 

 

But his prying didn’t stop there as he asked another question that will surely need a long explanation. “Did you cry?”

 

 

When I look at his expression, worry is written all over his face and that fact alone made my heart pound that made me feel like my ribcage is about to break if this stupid heart of mine would not calm down.

 

 

I couldn’t utter a word so I just nodded as I look into his eyes. I wanted to break off our staring contest but I couldn’t as it was just pulling me right into it. Then I saw some raindrops fall down on his pretty face and that made my eyes roam in his entire body and I could tell that he’s curiously eyeing to where I am looking.

 

 

“What’s the problem?” he asked.

 

 

I snatched back the handkerchief Inna gave me and I started to pat it gently oh his face, removing his damped hair that falls onto his forehead and eyes, “Aigoo… Look at you all wet. Why didn’t you even bother to open your umbrella? It has its own purpose you know”

 

 

He chuckled and stops me from what I am doing. He grabs the hankie from my hold with a thank you and dries himself instead.

 

 

I grabbed some tissue from the table and started to wipe off the drops on his jacket. I was so busy with my own world that I forgot I was still with my friends not until someone squealed in delight that brought my attention back at them.

 

 

“Look at you two acting sweet. You look like a real couple! You match well with each other” Hyesun, I bet, the one who squealed, chime in.

 

 

Right on cue, Jiyong and I automatically looked at the other way when our eyes met, when we look at each other the same time. Feeling all flustered and embarrassed with all the sweet acts.

 

 

“Aww… you should consider dating” Hyesun interjected and the atmosphere couldn’t get a lot awkward than it already is.

 

 

“Stop it Hyesun!” Inna reprimand and I think this is the first time I’m going to thank her for this day for stopping Hyesun’s delusional moment coz it is getting awkward and the fact that this guy right beside me is going to take me home. How in the hell would I face him with this embarrassing situation? Gah! I feel like strangling Hyesun this instant!

 

 

I think heavens heard my silent plea to shut Hyesun to prevent her from spilling more nonsense as we heard a honking sound… Minho. I sigh in relief when I recognize his car.

 

 

“Oh! Too bad that we should be going first. You take care of our Dara here okay Jiyong?” Hyesun said and gave him her sweetest smile.

 

 

Jiyong could only nod and he stood up to bow slightly to her and Inna.

 

 

“You better take her straight to her house” Inna sternly convey which caught both Jiyong and I to a surprise.

 

 

“N-neh” he stuttered when he met Inna’s deathly glares.

 

 

Inna stood up first to let Hyesun slid off from her seat. She turns to me before leaving and leaved a statement that almost made me want to dig a hole from where I was seated.

 

 

“Call me if he did something dirty to you and I will cut his off right in an instant!”

 

 

My jaw dropped when Hyesun dragged her out from the café immediately and run towards Minho’s car. Jiyong shot me a stupetrified look and I could only burry my face in my hands in embarrassment.

 

 

“What was that all about?” he asked still bewildered with Inna’s b*tchiness.

 

 

Gahd! How am I supposed to explain that to him where in fact I don’t have any idea where that came from? “I… Just don’t mind her. She just has a foul mood maybe because of the weather” I excused still trying to defend my friend for he might think that I have rude friends.

 

 

He seems to drop that topic as he asked if I was ready to go. We both leave the store without sharing any words.  He opens his umbrella for me and led me to his car. He open the passenger door for me and let me in as he closed the door and walk right on the other door.

 

 

 Once inside the car, he asked me to put my seatbelt on first before he started his engine and drove off.

 

 

We were silent on the car and I am nervously fidgeting on the box I was holding, forming words on how to give it to him without sounding freaky after all the dreadful things that happened awhile ago.

 

 

“Hey” I hear him broke the silence. I looked at his direction but his gaze was focus right on the road.

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

He took a quick glance on me before looking up front. “Did something bad happen?”

 

 

My brows connected, “Nothing. Why?”

 

 

“Then what made you cry?” he glance back at me again.

 

 

O yeah I totally forgot that he noticed my slightly puffed eyes after I cried for like hours. “Oh! Something just came up but it was all good now”

 

 

Exactly right when I finished talking, the red light from the post beacon making us to stopped. This gave him the chance to look at me longer and his gaze is sending butterflies unto my stomach when I can see longing in his eyes. It’s like he wanted to know more but was hesitating to ask maybe afraid that I would be offended or something so I just gave him a small insight on what happened.

 

 

“I saw an old friend and we eventually make amends. Making up for the lost time”

 

 

I saw him nod once and made me smile once I saw a smile crept up on his face. The drive went back to pure silence once again but this time, it doesn’t feel awkward anymore and I felt warm in the inside, I don’t know if that’s because of the heater or was it something else? I couldn’t figure it out but it was something wonderful… something that I never felt for the longest time and I liked it! He would look at me from time to time and when I look at him looking at me, we would just exchange smiles. It’s more comforting than I thought and it couldn’t get any better.

 

 

After few minutes, we arrived at where my apartment was. I was moved when he parked close to the entrance to not let me get soak from the rain. I did not let him open the door for me no more as I open the door but before I could stepped out, I gave him the box I was holding and gave him a warm smile as I thanked him.

 

 

“Here. I got this for you. Thank you for driving me home. Drive safely and let me know if you arrive home”

 

 

He confusedly accepted it none the less, “Ah… Thanks. You’re welcome”

 

 

“Bye” I said before closing the door and ran towards the main entrance. I turned around to see him off and I waved goodbye cheerfully as he sped off. I turned my heels around when I can’t spot his car no more and made my way towards the elevator feeling elated and radiant despite the gloomy weather.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for updating late...

I accidentally deleted the original part two so I have to re-write everything.

huhuhu

Mianhe...

And I'd like to apologize for the lack of daragon moments...

*peace*

don't hate me guys... hehehehe

 

 

so, how do you find this chapter???

let me know

I love reading all your comments...

♥♥♥

 

123kiyo

gravegurl

linlin_10

Thank you for subscribing!!!!

 

Please do leave comments and subscribe!!!!

peace y'all

♥♥♥