Awareness

Broken Strings

 

Forgive me for not updating for a week...

Just got back from a long vacation... ^_^

anyway, here's the next chapter

Hope you enjoy!!!!!!

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 “I-I… I missed you so much Sweetie…”

 

 

Jiyong cringed. “OH HELL NO! Stop calling me names for Christ’s sake!” he was enraged.

 

 

The girl sounded startled and tried to reason out, “B-But...”

 

 

He didn’t wait for her to finish, “Look Hyuna… what we had is good for one night only so, don’t call me whenever you want and act too clingy coz we’re not in that kind relationship.” He was calm as he was trying to make his point get through to her head.

 

 

He heard sobs at the other line and that irritated him the most. He doesn’t really like making girls cry but he thought it’s not entirely his fault coz he makes sure that all the girls he fooled around with get the idea of one-time enjoyment, no strings attached.

 

 

He cursed silently to himself but all the frustration he felt slowly ebbed away when he heard a door open and when he turned, he saw Dara slowly closing the door behind her.

 

 

“I’m hanging up”

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

 

I saw Jiyong got up and answered his call as he walked out of the room. I got curious to why he should excuse himself. I didn’t intend to but I realized that I was, indeed, staring at him when somebody spoke which brought me back to my trance.

 

 

“Where’s our drink?”

 

 

“…”

 

 

“Yo Ssantokki! Are you listening?” I heard Teddy oppa asked.

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“Where’s our drink?” he repeated.

 

 

“Oh! I forgot to buy them...” I turned around and make my way to the door, “I’ll go buy some. Is there anything you want?” I eyed everyone in the room waiting for their answer.

 

 

“Noona. You don’t have to. I’ll go buy them instead.” Daesung said as he placed his half-eaten pizza back in the box as he stood.

 

 

I immediately put a hand to stop him, “Aniyo. Finish your food. I’m not that hungry anyway so might as well make myself useful.” I smiled warmly. I saw Daesung was a bit surprised but he sat anyway as he nodded.

 

 

“Beer” Teddy oppa suddenly said.

 

 

I rolled my eyes. “Geez! Oppa… You dare drink beer while working? It’ll totally get you to nowhere.” I really don’t understand my brother sometimes. I know he has a high tolerance on alcohol but it’s unethical to be drinking while at work.

 

 

He shrugged. “Tch. Such a spoilsport” he muttered under his breath but loud enough for me to hear.

 

 

“Yah! I heard that! You’re a grown man oppa… you should know better.”

 

 

I saw the other guys snickering with our ‘another sibling dispute.’

 

 

“Soda then” Teddy oppa didn’t glance at me and kept his attention to his pizza.

 

 

“Alright. I’ll go ahead.”

 

 

I opened the door and saw Jiyong standing in the hallway. I think he heard the door opened coz he turned and look at my direction. When I was near him, he hanged up the phone. I don’t know how to regard this situation as he was staring at me so I just nodded when I was in front of him and he nodded back. I pressed the down button of the elevator but I can feel that he’s still staring at me and it is making me feel awkward. ‘Gahd! Why does this elevator so slow!’  I pressed the down button multiple times when I suddenly remember that I don’t know where the nearest convenient store is.

 

 

There’s no other option but to ask him so I turned around and was surprised to see that he’s still standing from his spot, eyes on me. Blood rushed to my cheeks and I know in fact that I was blushing. I avoided his gaze for a moment to calm myself and eventually returned to face him.

 

 

“Hey…”

 

 

“Hey” He answered. Oh my goodness! Why does his voice sound like music in my ears?! I think I’ll hyperventilate anytime soon so I better cut this short.

 

 

“Uhm… Do you know any convenient store around here? I kind of forgot to buy drinks…” My voice croaked and the tone is so low, I sounded like a lost girl trying to fight back the tears just to find his mommy!

 

 

“Ah… Yes… There’s one in the corner of the street three blocks from here.”

 

 

‘Oh my! His voice… It’s soooooo beatific… Wait! Stop! Dara what the eff are you thinking!’ I shook my head to erase those thought. I wasn’t able to remember what he said.

 

 

“Is there something on my face?” this beautiful man asked.

 

 

This is so embarrassing.  He caught me ogling him. I must put my sweetest smile I could muster. “Ah… Sorry… Can you repeat what you’ve just said?” Now he might think I’m some sort of stupid.

 

 

He chuckled and shook his head. “C’mon… I’ll accompany you.”

 

 

‘What the~~!!! Accompany me??? Hell no! I still want to keep my sanity intact!!!’

 

 

“Hey… Are you coming or not?”

 

 

I was so stupefied I didn’t notice that he’s already inside the elevator holding the door to prevent it from closing. I tried to grasp everything and convince my body to move forward. Hell! My feet are so heavy I dragged them. I may look like a walking zombie right now. I’m making a fool of myself in front of this creature.

 

 

Good thing I was able to make it inside the elevator. From the corner of my eye, I can see him slightly shaking. I guess he’s silently laughing at me now. Who wouldn’t?

 

 

“Thanks… You don’t have to.” I muttered.

 

 

“Aniyo. I will be held responsible if you got lost.” There’s a hinge of humor in his voice.

 

 

My mind was still hazy and I feel like air’s not circulating inside this small room. I couldn’t bring myself to talk or even glimpse at him. I just let my head low and focus my attention on the floor.

 

 

‘Why is the lift so slow???!!!! Aisht!’

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

 

When I told her the direction, she just stared at me. It’s like everything I’ve said is not processing in her so I got the idea of maybe coming along with her to put a test to this stupid heart of mine which is throbbing fast and hard inside my ribcage the moment she stepped out of the studio. There’s something in me that wanted to spend a tinsy winsy time with her since I was not able to see her the whole day. It’s not like I missed her or something. I just want to get to know her more.

 

 

The moment I told I’d accompany her, I tried so hard not laugh at her. She looks surprised and terrified at the same time. Eyes were about to pop out of its socket with mouth hanged open. She didn’t even notice the door opened. When I turned around, she’s still in her position so I called her attention. She’s walking slowly with hands and feet parallel. The way she looks right now is way so awkward! I can’t hold it any longer so I muffled my laugh.

 

 

‘I should stop laughing right now coz her face was beet red.’

 

 

“Mwahahahahahahahahaha” There goes my attempt. I really can’t hold it any more especially seeing her face so red including her ears.

 

 

“What’s so funny?” She said while gritting her teeth. I saw her glared at me.

 

 

I looked at her again and, “Hahahahahahaha… Sorry… can’t… help… you… funny…” I said in between my laugh. I imagined smoke coming from her nose and ear that it cracked me up.

 

 

“Not funny”

 

 

Uh-oh. She seems really angry right now. Better stop before she go berserk and murder me here.

 

 

After awhile, I compose myself and about to apologize but the door suddenly opened and she stomped her way out. It took me several long strides to catch up with her and when I did, I walked beside her and apologize.

 

 

“Hey. Don’t be mad. I didn’t mean to laugh at you.” Still she walks ahead of me without glancing.

 

 

I am three feet away from her and I am about grab her shoulder, “Look… I’m sor-” I wasn’t able to finish when she abruptly turned to me, glaring.

 

 

“I… Hey! Watch out!” I instinctively grab her arm and pull her close to me when I saw a car almost bumped in to her. I felt her head collided in my chest but ignored it. Good thing my reflexes are fast. I released some curses towards the driver for driving fast in a narrow street.

 

 

“You can let go now…” she whispered.

 

 

When I looked at her, she’s gazing on me. I didn’t realize that I held her waist tightly, securing her. She’s trying to wiggle and I let her free and look elsewhere when my heart started to pound once again.

 

 

THUMP

 

 

THUMP

 

 

THUMP

 

 

“Thank you” she muttered. I took a quick glimpse at her and saw her head low.

 

 

I can feel my cheeks were getting warm. ‘Tch. Am I blushing? Good heavens!’

 

 

“Did you get hurt?” I asked. This time I looked directly at her coz I know she’s not looking, trying to scrutinize if she got cuts or something.

 

 

Her head is still held low when she spoke, “No…”

 

 

“You should be careful”

 

 

I was surprised when she looked at me straight in the eye, “Again, thank you” she said softly and plastered a small smile before she turned around and proceed walking but this time a little slower.

 

 

Before she turned around, I caught a glimpse of her flustered face thanks to the light illuminated from the post lamp. I bit my lower lip to suppress the smile forming in my lips. ‘She looks cute’ I thought before following her with a minimal distance.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

The walk was very silent, they didn’t utter a word after the incident but they didn’t mind. Unknown to the other, they were both smiling, extended from ear to ear. Soon, they found the place they were headed for and went inside.

 

 

Jiyong went directly to the drinks section followed by Dara. The latter picked 2 large sodas and placed it under each of her arm but Jiyong grabbed the other from her hold. Unspoken words were replaced by warm smile which resulted them to feel giddy that soar to the highest level.

 

 

Dara wanted to control the alien sensation she’s feeling right now so she went to closest aisle pretending to be interested but she was caught off guard when she was faced to the shelf where different brands of condoms were displayed. Her eyes went wide and abruptly turned around to lurk elsewhere.

 

 

Jiyong on the other hand followed her with his gaze and almost crack up when he saw her reaction. He saw how her face turned red once again and he thought how cute she was when she’s being embarrassed.

 

 

Dara felt humiliated and didn’t even bother if he’s following her or not. She wanted the floor to eat her whole because of too much embarrassment. She kept walking until she spotted the ice cream freezer in the corner. She went to look at the flavors, contemplating whether to buy or not.

 

 

Jiyong soon followed Dara when he was able to control his amusement. He saw her too focused that she didn’t felt someone standing behind her.

 

 

“You want ice cream?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

She faced him, smiled then her gaze went right back to the ice cream.

 

 

“Have you eaten dinner?”

 

 

Without breaking her gaze with the delightful frozen dessert she answered, “No… Not yet”

 

 

“You should eat a meal first or your stomach might ache.”

 

 

“Nah~~~. I’m used to eating ice cream without eating any meals.” Dara responded while tapping her forefinger on her chin.

 

 

“That’s why you look like you don’t have any nutrition in your body.”

 

 

She just snorted but didn’t bother to answer back.

 

 

“Hey. We should get going. They might be looking for us already.”  Jiyong was about to move when the latter stopped him.

 

 

“Wait.” She opened the freezer and picked 1 pint of Vanilla ice cream then turned to her companion, “How bout you? What flavor do you want?”

 

 

“I’m not really into sweets so whatever you got is fine.”

 

 

They both proceeded to the counter and Dara searched for her wallet, “its ok. I’ll pay for these.” She heard Jiyong said and she saw him already giving money to the cashier.

 

 

“Aigoo~~~ you shouldn’t have. Let me pay you later.”

 

 

“No need. Think of it as my treat, a sign of forgiveness for laughing at you a while ago.” Jiyong smiled at her which made her heart do somersaults.

 

 

“Okay” she chirped.

 

 

When Jiyong saw how she changed her mood changed, he thought that he made the right decision on accompanying her. He saw a different side of her which somehow melted his cold, frozen heart.

 

 

They both returned to the studio wherein Jiyong offered to carry the bag of goodies. When they opened the door they were welcomed by the obnoxious maknae.

 

 

“Hyung! Noona! Where have you been?” Seungri whined.

 

 

“I accompany her to buy the drinks. She might get lost since she’s not familiar with the place.” Jiyong answered and placed the bag on the table.

 

 

Seungri pouted, “Kya~~~ I should’ve assist noona instead…” he muttered.

 

 

Jiyong sat beside TOP while Dara sat beside her brother.

 

 

“Teddy hyung, how did you and noona became siblings? I thought you’re an only child?” Daesung asked.

 

 

“Well Dara is my half sister. We shared a bastard of a father.” He answered nonchalantly, like it’s something normal. He continued, “When I was 5, my father left me and my mother and went off to live with Dara’s mother and eventually got her pregnant. I first met Dara and Auntie when I was 8. She went to our house along with Dara to ask my mother’s forgiveness. She said that she didn’t know he has a family and only found out after he left her. My mom was already married to another man so she couldn’t care less and pity Auntie and Dara. She understood their situation and soon accepted Dara. We couldn’t meet often when we were young but we still have connection. I often visit them at their house once in a while back then. We grew pretty close when Dara started to love music as well. We both took music lessons. And the rest is history.”

 

 

“Oh. So, that’s why you too seem close” Youngbae added.

 

 

“Yeah. Oppa took care of me… a lot. He stands as my second father when I needed one.” Dara smiled at the group and patted Teddy’s arm gently.

 

 

“Okay enough with the drama. Let’s get down to business.” Teddy said.

 

 

The night went smoothly with a lot of things accomplished, stories unfold and laughter filled the room. Bigbang members were able to get to know Dara more as the hours passed. They feel delighted and ease with other. Jiyong and Dara forgot the awkwardness they had since they met and felt like they have broken the invincible wall that’s separating them as they casually interact with the rest of the group. As the night closing in, Dara decided to get home and rest so she bid her goodbye to her brother and his bestfriend, Kush.

 

 

“Oppa. I better get home. I still have to attend class tomorrow.” Dara hugged her brother.

 

 

He hugged her back, “Arasso. Call me when you got home. I’ll have to stay here longer. I got a deadline to meet.”

 

 

“Neh~~~ don’t stay out too late.”

 

 

“Hyung, we also have to go.” Youngbae said and each boys bid their sunbaes goodbye.

 

 

The six of them walked out of the room and headed towards the elevator. They continued with the happy chatter until they reached the ground floor. They were now infront of the building when they stopped.

 

 

“Noona, where are you staying? Do you need a ride home?” Seungri asked while clinging to one of Dara’s arm.

 

 

“Yah! Stop clinging panda!” TOP smacked Seungri’s arm roughly which caused the latter to jerk forward.

 

 

Dara seem astounded with the boys as they kept on playing, teasing each other, it made her smile coz she doesn’t have that many friends even when she was young. “Aniyo. It’s okay. I’ll just ride the bus home. It’s quite far from here.”

 

 

“Where exactly? It’s really dangerous for a girl to travel by herself at this time wherein there are 5 of us here that can take you home.” TOP said, trying to convince her.

 

 

“It’s near the academy. You’re houses might be on the opposite direction so I don’t want to bother anyone of you.” She politely answered.

 

 

“Good. I’ll take you home since my house is towards that direction.”  Jiyong said as he twirls his car keys in his finger. “Maknae, you go ride with Daesung and Youngbae. Hyung and I will drop Dara off.”

 

 

They laugh when they heard Seungri whined, “Tch. Why does have our house to be in the opposite way. I want to see where noona is staying...”

 

 

Dara really find Seungri cute, “Maybe I’ll invite you in my house one of these days.” She said trying to comfort the youngster.

 

 

“Really noona?! You promise?” he squeled.

 

 

“Neh.”

 

 

“Okay. Now everything’s settled we better get going. Bye noona. I really had fun with you. Thank you for the food.” Daesung flashed his famous smile that can melt anyone’s heart then proceeded to his car followed by Youngbae and Seungri who’s waving maniacally.

 

 

Dara was hesitant at first but she doesn’t have any choice as she was dragged already by TOP towards Jiyong’s car. She settled at the backseat while TOP sat in the passenger side.

 

 

They were minutes away from TOP’s house when Jiyong spoke, “We’ll drop hyung first since his house was the nearest. Is that okay with you?” he asked Dara while looking at the rear view mirror.

 

 

Dara’s heart started to pound once again when the thought of being alone with Jiyong but she couldn’t protest with their kind gesture so she just nodded.

 

 

When they arrived at TOP’s house, Jiyong instructed Dara to transfer to the passenger seat. They bid TOP farewell as they zoomed out towards Dara’s house.

 

 

“Tell me the direction” She heard Jiyong said to break the silence between them.

 

 

She gave him the direction and within a few minutes they arrived in front of Dara’s building. She felt Jiyong’s stare as she unbuckled her seat belt before she turned to him.

 

 

“Thank you for the ride... and the ice cream” She said before stepping out of the car. Before she closed the door she spoke again, “Drive safely. See you tomorrow.” She watched the car slowly fading away before she stepped inside the building. Unconsciously, beaming and hopping as she makes her way to her room.

 

 

On the other hand, Jiyong watched Dara standing in the pavement outside her building from his side view mirror until she disappeared, making him beam with the overflowing bliss he felt at that moment.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Aigoo~~~

did you guys really think Ji got himself a girlfriend???...

kekekekeke~~~~

Sorry for making your hearts broke for a moment... ^_^

Did you guys like this chapter????

coz I wasn't able to update for a week

(which I'm very sorry)

I'll try to update the next one later.... ^_^

 

BiGbAnG541

Bvevvo

galaxc-black

JaiDen_1586

Gdmaedara

YuukiPot

ZellaSaysHai

gumabonangel123

kyuholic13

 

Thank you for subscribing!!!!!!

 

Keep subscribing and post comments... ♥♥♥