Chapter 8. Lonely

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the first time that I'm ever going to be on a show all alone. The other girls had their own schedules to attend, so there was no one here in the car other than me and my personal manager, manager Lee.

Manager Lee: Don't worry, Jahoon. I know that you are going to do a good job today and I know that the other girls think the same thing. They even expressed to me how sad they were for not being able to come and cheer for you on your first own schedule.

Jahoon: Really?

Manager Lee: Yes! The girls care for you so much like you were their own child. They even pleaded with the CEO for a change in their schedules so that they could be here with you but as you know it's hard to change, only if you are really lucky. But no matter what I know you are going to do a good job no matter what.

Manager Lee looked at me with a small smile trying to calm me down and I appreciated the effort but it didn't help at all. I just smiled back awkwardly and looked back outside the window on my other side and fidgeted around with my ring. It was one of those special rings of mine since it was the ring that I handmade for the girls when our first anniversary together as a group arrived. If lost it then I would be devastated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: Everything is going to be fine Jahoon. Everything is going to be completely fine. You are going to nail this one without any problems. You are going to be fine. It is just going to be like when you are with the other members.

I heard the door to my waiting room open right behind me, making me turn around to see one of the staff peeking their head inside.

Staff: Jahoon it's time to get on stage now.

I nodded and checked myself for the last time in the mirror before following the staff to the back of the stage. I did some breathing exercises to calm myself down while the staff put the microphone on me. When done, I thanked her and got on stage greeting all of the other guests that I was going to film with.

Jahoon: Hello! I'm IVE Jahoon. Please take good care of me today!

I bowed to them as they all greeted me back. Suddenly I was attacked into a hug by someone that I have known for a very long time.

Minji: Jahoon! It has been such a long time since I have seen you! Yah! Why haven't you been contacting me or anything?!

Minji pulled away and slapped me on my shoulder. I looked at her a bit surprised before looking at her with a joking glare.

Jahoon: How dare unnie slap me like this? And to answer your question, you should know the answer yourself. It is not like I was allowed to contact anyone. But now I got my phone, so I will contact you every day every hour of the day so you will be irritated with me unless you have changed your phone number?

Minji: Sorry Hoonie, you are just too cute not to tease. You give the best reactions also it is the same number as it has always been.

We both sat down at our designated spot which was right beside each other. We continued chatting with each other as the staff finished up the last bit before filming.

Jahoon: How have you been, unnie? I can't help but notice how much you have grown since the last time I saw you. You have really grown up well and now you are in your own group! How is it to be in Newjeans?

Minji: Both you and I both know how it is. There is really no time of the day when it is quiet. They are always loud from the moment that you wake up to the moment that you sleep.

Jahoon: Really? It is not like that in my dorm. Yes, there are times when we get loud but that is normal. Most of the time we respect each other's rest and try not to be too noisy.

Minji unnie looked at me with slightly open. She placed her hands on my shoulders, making me look at her with a raised eyebrow.

Minji: Let's change dorms.

I chuckled at the serious look on her face. We returned back to our professional selves when the staff told us that it was time to film. Even though I was without my members right now, I was glad that I still had someone I know by my side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoo Jaesuk: Before we continue, Jahoon and Minji I couldn't help but notice how close the two of you were together before filming. Do you know each other beforehand?

Minji: Both of our parents are friends with each other, so we both naturally become friends.

Yoo Jaesuk: That's amazing! You could really say that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter