Chapter 11. Awards (part 1/2)

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The end of the year means awards shows. Awards shows mean special performances of your song. Special performances meant extra hard practice to perfect the performances in a short period. And here we were in the practice room while looking over the new choreography as well as listening to the new remix of our songs that we were going to perform. I sighed a bit thinking about how I should manage this. The new choreography had parts of our normal choreography but the new parts were really hard to execute and it would take a lot of practice to get it right, let alone for us to synchronize with each other. I glanced towards the other girls to see them kind of looking confident. They were all good at dancing so it wasn’t going to be a problem for them but for me, I’m still kind of awkward when dancing in my own opinion, even though it has already been more than two years since our debut.

Rei: That looks like the right choreography for you baby bear.

Rei unnie hugged my arm and looked at me with a smile. The other girls nodded in agreement. I glanced towards our dance teacher who also agreed with what Rei unnie was saying.

Dance teacher: I actually thought of you when I made this choreography. In fact, I actually want you to be the center of this choreography as well as the one who should do the solo part of the choreography.

Jahoon: Me?!

I pointed to myself and looked at her with my eyes open. I noticed how loudly I was speaking and mumbled a quick sorry. I couldn’t really believe my own ears. I still don’t have the skills yet to be the center or the confidence. I waved my hands in front of me in a big disagreement.

Jahoon: There is no way that I would be able to do that. I may have improved in my dancing but not that much to be able to pull that off. Maybe we should let Yujin unnie or Gaeul unnie do it.

I know my limits and this was over it. All logical and wise decisions are to let either Yujin unnie or Gaeul unnie do it but it seemed like everyone was disagreeing with me. Leeseo unnie skipped over to me and stopped in front of me to wrap her arms around me and look at me with a cute pout on her face.

Leeseo: Please don’t be so harsh to yourself baby bear. Even if you don’t believe in your own skills, all of us know how good you are at dancing. We all believe in your skills. Even Dives does! You are the best at dancing in this group and I really want to see you perform this solo. You deserve it, baby. For unnie?

Liz: Or for your favorite unnie?

Jiwon unnie hugged me from behind. I looked at her to see her pout cutely and flutter her eyelashes at me. Before I could open my mouth to say anything, Yujin unnie protested at Jiwon unnie remark.

Yujin: I thought that I was baby bear’s favorite unnie?!

Gaeul: No it’s me!

Rei: There is no need to fight over that. It is me of course.

Wonyoung: You guys are all wrong. It’s her beautiful unnie here that is her favorite unnie.

All of them suddenly began bickering with each other over the position. I just looked at each of them, not knowing what to say or when to say it since they didn’t really leave a moment for me to interrupt. I looked at our dance teacher for help but she just laughed at them. All of them continued to argue with each other to the point where I had to interfere or else we wouldn’t get going with today’s practice.

Jahoon: Unnies! Please stop! I love all of you… but I have to give the title to Jiwon unnie.

Liz: Yes!

Jiwon unnie threw her hands in the air as a victory meanwhile the other girls pouted and sulked in defeat. I sighed heavily and shook my head as I looked at them. Sometimes they make me wonder who are the maknae and who are the unnie. I turned to our dance teacher and took a deep breath in before telling her my decision.

Jahoon: Alright. I will do the center and solo part for the choreography.

Dance teacher: That’s great Jahoon! Don’t worry I will help you learn the choreography and maybe we can even put in some of your own choreography. But I don’t think that I will be much of a help since you are already amazing at dancing. I trust that you will do fine.

Our dance teacher smiled at me and patted me lightly on my arm. I just smiled but couldn’t help but worry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The whole day, we all went over the choreography step by step as well as me getting a private lesson for my solo performance. At the end of the day, we managed to remember most of the choreography, the only things that were left were some small bits and parts as well as us being synchronized with each other. It was time for us to go home but I still had some parts that I had to go over before I could rest well. I took a sip of water and continued to dance while the other girls continued to pack their bags.

Wonyoung: Hoonie~ aren't you coming?

I heard Wonyoung unnie calling out for me so I turned to look at her to see all of the unnies looking at me.

Jahoon: Not yet unnie. I still have so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter