Chapter 12. Awards (part 2/2)

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been around two weeks since we started our practice for our special stages. It has also been two weeks since I have foolishly chosen to hurt my ankle. Luckily I managed to get to the doctor unknowingly to the others and my managers and got it confirmed that I didn’t break my ankle but it was only a slight rupture in my ligaments hence the swelling. But I was told to take it easy and not perform on my foot for at least one to two months to allow the swelling to go down naturally. That wasn’t going to happen! I managed to convince him to give me some stronger inflammation medicine and got the swelling even more down than before allowing me to hide it from the unnies. At least since I could bite the pain inside of me. After a long time of practice and worry, it was finally time for us to perform. I have already gotten my stage outfit on as well as shoes. I thanked the gods in heaven for helping me to wear flats instead of high heels or else I wouldn’t be able to perform.

Leeseo: Wow!! Jahoon! You are looking so good in that outfit!

I could see Leeseo unnie appearing in the reflection of the mirror with a camera in her hand. A wide and cheerful smile was evident on her face.

Jahoon: Thank you unnie but I’m really nothing compared to you. You look like a goddess right now.

Leeseo: I know.

Leeseo unnie said with a proud and confident look on her face as she flipped her hair behind her. I huffed at her for her confidence. I walked over to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders as we both looked into the camera.

Jahoon: Dives, aren't you also envious of Leeseo unnie's confidence? But to be honest unnie, I only said that for you to be happy. We all know that the most beautiful person in our group is me.

I winked at the camera and blew a kiss at it but before it could “reach” the camera, a hand suddenly reached in front of us and “grabbed” the kiss. I turned my head to the right and saw Jiwon unnie looking at the camera with a sly smile as she held her hand with the kiss to her chest.

Liz: I’m sorry, not sorry Dives but our baby Hoonie’s kisses are only for me.

Leeseo: No~ They are only for me~

Leeseo unnie pouted and lightly punched Jiwon unnie like a small cat. In response, Jiwon unnie did the same thing to Leeseo unnie and then it just continuously went on like that. I just looked at the camera and sighed while shaking my head. These girls are all too unbelievable. Suddenly our manager called us, telling us it was time for us to go on stage. We made our way to the backstage and put on all of our equipment before heading on to the stage. I got to my position and quietly sighed to myself. I just have to hold on for this performance. I just have to hold on, I can’t afford to mess up this performance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Even though the whole performance was 8 minutes, the performance kind of went in a blink of an eye. I breathed heavily as I looked around the whole stadium. People were cheering for us and our fans louder than anyone else. I glanced over to the girls to see the bright smile on their faces. Everything that I have now and achieved was mostly all because of them. All of the things that I would do for them. Even being in extreme pain as I am now due to the ankle. A pain that has grown even more after the hard performance. We all walked off the stage and I tried to walk normally to not worry our fans and the unnies but a few seconds after getting off the stage, I couldn’t hold it any longer and just collapsed on the floor.

IVE: Jahoon!

The girls noticed and ran over to me. Yujin unnie and Gaeul unnie wrapped their arms around me and wrapped my arms around them to help me back up on my feet. We slowly made our way back to our waiting room. On the way, the girls that weren’t holding me would continuously turn around to look at me with worried lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter