Chapter 25. I will be there for you

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*still 3rd person POV*

Yujin: What do you mean by “who are you guys?”? We are your members, your sisters? You are joking with us, right?

The girls looked at Jahoon with the hope that she was just joking around with them or something but the only thing that was evident on her face was pure curiosity. The girl had really forgotten about the girls. They all tried to hold their tears back as they couldn’t believe the situation right now. Liz grabbed Jahoon’s hand, making the latter look at her.

Liz: You really don’t remember us, Jahoon? Do you know who I am, baby bear?

Liz held Jahoon’s hand against her cheek, thinking maybe she would remember but Jahoon was only looking at the girls blankly. Jahoon began looking sadly, making the girls’ hearts break even more.

Jahoon: I’m really sorry… I’m really trying… but I can’t remember anything.

Jahoon broke down in tears. She really wanted to remember. She could feel that they were important to her but she couldn’t remember who they were no matter how much she tried. Liz pulled Jahoon into a tight hug to comfort her. She didn’t blame Jahoon at all but herself. She only blamed herself for not protecting her. Even more after she got to know that the reason that she didn’t get hurt a lot was because Jahoon covered her with her whole body. Liz promised herself that she would do anything in her power and more to make Jahoon return back to her normal self and even if she didn’t she would still be there for her no matter what.

Mom: Jahoon! My baby!

The door suddenly burst open and Jahoon’s family hurried inside the room with her mom in the lead. The girls moved to the side to allow her family to get to her.

Dad: What happened? Who did this to my daughter?

Yujin: We don’t know. The only thing that we got to know from the hospital was that it was a car accident. Though it seemed like she may have lost her memory.

Jinhye: Wait what? You are joking, right? Jahoon, do you know who I am?

Jahoon: Of course! You are my older sister! I’m not that dumb.

Mom: What about me?

Jahoon: You are my mom and that is dad… but what is happening?.. Why can’t I remember you guys?

Doctor: It seems like you may have gotten a temporary memory loss but doesn’t worry it’s normal for people who suffered head injuries.

The doctor walked inside the room followed by a group of nurses. He did his normal routine before confirming that almost everything was alright except the memory loss and the fact that Jahoon couldn’t feel her legs that properly.

Yujin: Will she gain her memories back? And how come she remembers her family but doesn’t remember her members? What about her legs?

Doctor: It’s hard to say for sure but 9 out of 10 people will eventually get their memories back so I don’t worry right now in terms of that. As for the selected memories, we don’t really know the reason yet as to why it does it but usually, the reason why she remembers her family is because they were by her side from the moment she was born. Usually, people who they have known longer would imprint in the brain more than others but again I don’t have any concerns about it right now. She has gotten out of the accident quite healthy and may I say luckily. In terms of the legs, she can still feel them so that is a good sign. She was in an accident that crushed her legs after all but with just enough rest and exercise, she will gain her memories a lot faster. Now if you will excuse me, I have a few other patients to attend to.

Everyone bowed to the doctor as he left the room with the nurses following behind.

Mom: Jahoon dear. Just rest for now, you don’t have to think so much over it. Everything will be fine.

Jahoon laid back down with the help of her mom and sister, who tucked her in. It was easier said than done. Even though there were smiles on every person’s face in the room, Jahoon could feel and see the sadness i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter