Chapter 5. First day of school

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was sleeping in my bed when I felt one side of my bed shift down to some unknown weight. I felt someone placing their hand on top of my head and caressing it.

Yujin: Wake up baby bear~ it’s time to wake up or you will be late for school.

Yujin unnie shook me lightly to try and wake me up but being the stubborn one, who didn't want to wake up early or go to school, I just rolled over on the other side of the bed and kept sleeping. I heard Yujin unnie sigh and then suddenly arms were wrapped around me.

Yujin: Please wake up Jahoon~ After school today I will bring you to your place: the ice cream shop!

I rolled around the bed to face her and looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

Jahoon: I'm not a child anymore, unnie. That trick won't fool me.

Yujin: To me, you are still a child, who I must protect no matter what. What if I throw a big package of Lego with the ice cream? You can get whichever one you like and we can spend the rest of the day at the park if you want. All for you to decide what we are going to do today.

Jahoon: I will hold you to that word unnie but to be fair, you already got me at the Lego.

I quickly got off the bed and ran into the bathroom, where luckily there was no one, and began preparing for school. I didn't attend the same school as the other girls since I just attended middle school. The one that my parents wanted me to attend. Those were their only conditions for allowing me to join Starship Entertainment. Which I didn't mind since I knew that they just wanted the best for me. I put on my school uniform and placed my schoolbag by the entrance, so I didn't forget about it before joining the other girls in the kitchen where Gaeul unnie was making food for all of us.

Jahoon: I didn't know that you could make food, Gaeul unnie.

Gaeul: I could be saying the same to you the other day. You are still young, so it caught me by surprise.

Jahoon: Well, I'm a person full of surprises, so don't be too shocked yet. What are you making unnie?

Gaeul: Since it is your first day in school, I wanted to make you something special. Your favorite dish: Kimchi fried rice with a nicely cooked egg on top.

Gaeul unnie smiled at me widely and placed a plate in front of me with the food. I thanked her for the food and quickly grabbed my spoon and placed some of it in my mouth, only for me to stop with the spoon still in my mouth. All I could taste was salt.

Gaeul: How does it taste? Do you like it?

I couldn't bring myself to tell her, so I just smiled and nodded at her but as soon as she turned her back to me, I grabbed the glass of water and gulped most of it down. The other girls looked at me with worry but I shook my head at them, not wanting them to tell Gaeul unnie either. It seemed like she had put in a lot of effort to make this. After removing the pan from the stove, Gaeul unnie grabbed a chair and sat the opposite of me while I continued eating as if nothing had happened.

Gaeul: Awww~ look at you eating so well. You make it look so good that I want to try some myself.

Gaeul unnie stood up and grabbed a spoon to try a spoonful for the leftover on the pan but quickly spat it out in the trash and turned to me with a kind of horror on her face. She quickly grabbed my bowl and spoon and placed a newly filled cup of water into my hand.

Gaeul: Hurry up and drink the water, Jahoon! It is so salty! How could you continue to eat this like nothing is wrong?!

Jahoon: I didn't want to upset you. You have put in a lot of effort to make this for me.

I looked at Gaeul unnie while gulping down the water. A little pout appeared on her lips and she made her way over to me and back-hugged me while rubbing her head at my shoulder like a cat.

Gaeul: How are you so sweet and caring? Our baby has grown up so much~ you don't have to worry about hurting my feelings if it tastes bad, baby bear~ it is okay to tell me~

Jahoon: Alright. It tasted really bad, unnie. I'm still very surprised that I can still taste the taste of water.

Gaeul: Yah!

Gaeul unnie looked at me with a slight glare and slapped me on my forearm. We all laughed at her before she joined in on the laugh. Our manager Kim walked inside the room, making all of us stop and look at him.

Manager Kim: I'm so sorry to interrupt such a precious moment like this but it is soon time for Jahoon and Leeseo to be in school. Let's go before you guys are late. The same for you, Rei, and Wonyoung. I will drop you off at your school.

I hugged Yujin unnie and Gaeul unnie goodbye before grabbing my bag and going down to the van where manager Kim drove us to school. I was the first one to be dropped off. I hugged the unnies goodbye and waved to manager Kim before entering the school and tried to make my way to the admissions desk where I got admitted and followed a teacher to my new classroom.

Teacher: Alright everyone! Please be quiet! We have a new student joining our class today. Please introduce yourself.

Jahoon: Hello everyone. My name is Park Jahoon. Some of you may know me from being a member of IVE. Please take care of me.

I bowed to the class and made my way to my appointed seat by the teacher. She began teaching and turned her back to us. I looked around to see the other students whispering together while glancing at me from time to time. That is what you get when you debut as an idol. There is no such thing as privacy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was time for lunch and all the other students circled around me as they all wanted to have my autograph. I just gave them and took pictures with them even though I don't know how. Maybe I should ask either Wonyoung unnie or Yujin unnie later today to teach me? When the opportunity arose, I managed to break out from the group of people swarmi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter