Chapter 17. New Year

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Leeseo: Baby bear! It is the last day of the year!

I was sitting in my room when Leeseo unnie suddenly busted into my room and jumped on my bed with excitement. I looked at her in a bit of a shock. She threw her arms around my neck in excitement.

Jahoon: Well someone is in big excitement.

Leeseo unnie pulled away and looked at me with a big smile and with her hands still on my shoulders.

Leeseo: How can I not be excited? The new year is a big day! An old year ending and a new year beginning. And you can’t forget about the gifts and the festive. Come on! We have to wake up the other girls!

Leeseo unnie dragged me out of my bed. We split up and I walked into Jiwon unnie’s room as Leeseo unnie walked into Gaeul unnie’s room. Jiwon unnie was still sleeping in her bed. I slowly tiptoed to her bed and got into bed with her. Since her back was facing me, I backed-hugged her and placed my chin on her shoulder, just waiting for her to recognize my presence. It took her a while. She rolled over to face me and opened her eyes for a quick second before closing them, only to open them wide open again with a shocked expression. Jiwon unnie screamed at me and pushed me down from her bed so my back slammed against the floor. I groaned in pain from the impact and rolled around a bit, trying to get back up but I decided just to keep lying there. Jiwon unnie suddenly appeared in my sight.

Liz: Jahoon! Are you okay baby bear?!

Jahoon: I love you unnie but what do you think?

Jiwon unnie got out of her bed and helped me up to sit down on the bed. She carefully turned me around to look for bruises.

Jahoon: Unnie~ I’m fine. You really don’t have to worry like this. It is not that big of a fall after all.

Liz: But still~

Jiwon unnie pouted at me. Seconds later the door busted open to reveal the other girls in some kind of shocked state.

Gaeul: We heard someone scream! Is everyone okay?

Liz: We are fine. I just got scared when Hoonie scared me.

Jahoon: Don’t forget about the fact that you pushed me out of your bed and my back slammed against the floor.

IVE: Liz!

Liz: It was a mistake! I didn’t intend to hurt her!

Jiwon unnie pouted even more, making me giggle at how cute she was. I really just wanted to pinch her cheeks and put her inside of my pockets. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

Jahoon: You don’t have to worry, unnies. It is not Jiwon unnie’s fault and she didn’t mean it. In fact, I should also be the one to blame because I was the one who scared her in the first place.

I pouted a bit sadly, making the unnies aww at the same time and telling me that everything was alright and they didn’t blame me at all. Sometimes it scares me how much they actually adore me. I could even get away with murder at this point.

Yujin: Since it is the new year today and a new year is going to start tomorrow, why don’t we prepare for a party today?

Everyone looked at Yujin unnie with excitement and cheered. Yujin unnie looked at us fondly for a moment before she asked us to be quiet.

Yujin: There is a lot to do when preparing for a new year party, so why don’t we split up the tasks so we can get it done in time?

Jahoon: I can get the cooking done! After all, I’m the only one who is available to cook a decent meal.

I smirked at the unnies in a kidding way, as they all snickered at me but couldn’t really say much to it since it was true after all.

Yujin: Maybe you should choose someone to help you with the groceries and cooking since there is much to be done.

Jahoon: Then I will choose Rei unnie.

Rei unnie smiled a victory smile as the others sighed in defeat. The rest of the girls were split up to do the tasks. Yujin unnie, Wonyoung unnie, and Leeseo unnie were decorating our living room for the party later. Jiwon unnie and Gaeul unnie were on-duty to prepare some games for us to enjoy later. Everyone was also told to prepare some gifts for each other. Rei unnie and I changed our clothes before we began making our way towards the groceries store for the necessary ingredients.

Rei: What should we make for today?

Jahoon: I’m thinking of just making everyone's favorite food. It is a day to celebrate after all.

Rei: You are such a caring person, baby bear~ Whoever is going to date you in the future is going to be such a lucky person.

I looked at Rei unnie before snickering a bit. To be fair I really couldn’t see myself dating anyone right now or any time in the future, also I don’t think that the girls would allow it that easily.

Jahoon: Like unnie would let me date anyone. All I can imagine is you and the other unnies basically roasting anyone who tries to flirt with me or trying to get too close to me.

Rei: Well, we can’t help it at all. We have to protect our precious baby bear after all. Not everyone is worthy of you.

Rei unnie wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer with a smile. We finally arrived at the store and began loading our groceries into the cart. We walked past the aisle with spices and I couldn’t help myself but think of a maybe little terrible prank. I stopped Rei by her arm and backtracked back to the spice.

Rei: I thought that we had all the spices needed.

Jahoon: We do but see this.

I grabbed a roll of wasabi from the shelf and waved it to her. She just looked at me with pure confusion.

Rei: What are you going to be doing with that?

Jahoon: Remember that I was going to make some rice cakes with fillings for dessert.

I stopped for a moment to let what I just said sink in at Rei unnie. She just stared at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter