Chapter 9. Birthday party

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was one of the days when I woke up more excited than normal. The reason why? Because it was my birthday. It was my third birthday with the girls. Every time the girls would always enter my room with gifts and sing happy birthday to me. But this time, none of their normal ordeals were happening, making me wonder if something had happened like if I missed a schedule and they forgot to wake me up or if anything had happened to the girls. I stretched my body and made my way outside to the living room to see the girls spread over the living room and in the kitchen. I scratched the back of my neck as I looked at them. They didn’t even say something to me when I entered. I walked inside the kitchen where Wonyoung unnie and Rei unnie were sitting eating some fruits.

Jahoon: Good morning unnies. Do you want anything to eat? I can make you something?

Wonyoung: I’m sorry, baby bear. I was just about to leave.

Jahoon: That is fine, unnie. What about you Rei unnie?

Rei: I’m sorry baby but I have already eaten. I was just about to leave to meet some friends.

Jahoon: Oh! Okay…

I nodded and looked at both Wonyoung unnie and Rei unnie leaving the kitchen to their room. I turned around and began making my breakfast, a little deflated since it seemed like they had forgotten about my birthday but I tried to think positively about it. It was early in the morning after all, also we had been all stressed out lately due to our recent comeback so I didn't blame them at all for forgetting. I just prepped my breakfast and sat down in the kitchen to eat it while watching the girls prepare, say goodbye to me and leave one by one without a word about my birthday. I was now sitting in the kitchen all alone in the dorm while grumbling and pouting to myself. Even though I tried not to let it bother me, I was still kind of upset that they forgot my birthday. After I finished my breakfast, I sat down in the living room and just watched the TV. I didn’t really know what to do since all the people I know are either out with other people or working. I sighed not knowing what to do. Suddenly my phone rang. I picked it up to see that my mom was calling.

Jahoon: Hello? Mom?

Mom: Jahoon honey~ Happy birthday! How are you doing? Am I interrupting something?

Jahoon: No, it’s fine Mom. I’m not really doing anything right now and also thank you.

Mom: Really? It’s your birthday! You should be out and celebrating it with your friends. But on the other hand, it is good that you are relaxing. So you don’t have anything to do today?

Jahoon: Not really.

Mom: Then it’s good because your father, your sister, and I have planned to take you out to the amusement park for an outing. Is it okay with you honey?

Jahoon: Sure fine with me Mom. See you soon!

I ended the call before walking to my room and changing my clothes. A few moments later, Mom called once again to let me know that they had arrived. As soon as I got down to the street, Mom jumped right out of the car and ran over to me as she threw her arms around me in a hug.

Mom: Oh my! I have missed you so much, honey! Look at how much you have grown! Look at how tall you are now~ my beautiful baby~ honey! Come and see how much our baby has grown!

My mom turned her head to yell for my dad. My sister and dad got out of the car with a laugh as I tried not to break down from embarrassment as I noticed people were looking at us.

Jahoon: It’s good to see you too, Mom, also you Dad.

Sister/Jinhye: What about me?

Jahoon: What about you?

Jinhye: Yah!

Mom and Dad giggled at the both of us at our usual bickering. We got in the car and began driving toward the amusement park.

Dad: How is life as an idol?

Jahoon: It’s fun but there’s of course also hard work following with the job. But to be honest all of the hard work that I have been through has all been worth it.

Dad: And it also seemed to have paid off. I’m glad that you guys are being successful since it is well-known how hard it is to be successful in that industry.

Mom: What about pranks and troubles? Perhaps any more tadpoles?

Mom looked at me through the rear mirror with a cheeky look on her face. I whined as I trashed around a bit but carefully not to kick the back of my father’s seat since he was the one driving. Both my father and Jinhye laughed at me.

Jahoon: Mom~ That was so many years ago~ I’m sorry for what happened but can’t you drop it?

Mom: Well you try and get a whole bucket of tadpoles all over you and then I will stop talking about it. Somehow I still manage to find some even a whole week after t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter