Chapter 10. Too close

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: What if they ask us to split up and I have to go on a different team than yours, unnie? I’m going to freeze without being able to say anything and then netizens would just complain about me, which will give a bad rating to the door show.

I babbled to Yujin unnie as we were sitting in the van on the way towards our joint schedule. Yujin unnie just listened to me like the big sister she is. She giggled at me and then patted me on top of my head.

Yujin: You don't have to worry Jahoon. I know that you will do great even if I'm not beside you. You have been doing good lately with the variety shows that we have been on, that I'm not worried about it at all. Of course at first but I know that you will gradually work up the courage to do well.

I knew that Yujin unnie was right because she has almost always been right but I couldn't help but have no confidence in myself. I pouted at her and then wrapped my arms around her waist as I snuggled her with a small whine. Yujin unnie just giggled at me as she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer to her. We drove for a while until we arrived at our destination. We entered the building and went to the makeup room where our makeup, hair, and clothes were fixed as always before we began filming. We went to the place of filming and saw a lot of seniors already there waiting for filming. The both of us greeted them and stood beside them. During the waiting, Yujin unnie talked with the other seniors as the extrovert person that she is. Meanwhile, I just cling near her like a small child that was out with their parents.

 

 

 

 

 

Pd-nim: Alright everyone! For the next mission, we will have to split you guys up into two teams of eight people each. Each of you will take turns one by one to choose between one of the two vans over there.

One of my fears of coming here was becoming the truth. I glanced over to Yujin unnie to see her looking at me. I saw her mouthing that everything is going to be okay and that she believes in me. I took a deep breath and looked back at pd-nim, who was sitting in front of us.

Haha: Where are each of the vans going?

Pd-nim: We aren’t going to tell you guys yet. You will all get to know the destination once you are in the van.

San: What do you mean by that?! Are we going to be kidnapped?!

Everyone made a fuss about it since we didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into but in the end, as always, did as told. I waited until it was my turn and listened to the others as they discussed what the plans for each of the vans possibly were. A few minutes later it was my turn. Yujin unnie had already chosen one. I followed the staff’s instructions and stood in front of two vans with one labeled A and the other B. In the end, I decided to join the people in van A but as soon as I got on I froze a bit, realizing that Yujin unnie wasn’t in this van. I sat down beside San sunbaenim as he greeted me with his signature smile.

Pd-nim: We are all now complete but for the destination of this van you will get to know once we are there.

Everyone groaned at what he just said. There is nothing that comes easy when you are on a variety show. We began driving and everyone on the team began chatting with each other. They were after all big seniors and stars compared to me.

San: Jahoon-ssi?

Jahoon: Yes sunbaenim?

San: I really enjoyed your new comeback. I even have your song on repeat since it came out.

I looked at him surprised. He was a big and respected senior in the industry and for him to tell me like this that he liked our song is kind of a big deal. I did a head bow and thanked him politely.

Jahoon: Thank you sunbaenim but it is really nothing compared to your comeback. The choreography was really awesome and sunbaenim made it easy. I really admire sunbaenim for that.

San sunbaenim smiled at me and chuckled.

San: You are not bad at dancing yourself but it must be hard to be in this industry since you are so young. Not that I mean that you aren’t talented but people must be so hard on you and expect you to excel since you are young.

Jahoon: It is hard but to be honest. I kind of knew to a certain degree what I was getting myself into. It is something that I can’t avoid but I just give it everything I have and try to keep my head up. At first, I didn’t really believe in myself that I could do this and just said to myself that I should just give up but because I have my unnies by my side, they helped me to fight on to where I am now. If it weren’t for them then I don’t know what I would have done with myself.

I smiled at him as he listened to everything I said with a kind of brotherly smile.

San: It is always good to have someone by your side. I actually was just like you when I began.

Jahoon: But you are so confident on and off stage! You are even known for that.

San: It does seem kind of unbelievable doesn’t it but I was in fact just like you. I didn’t have any confidence in myself since I didn’t have any skills or experience before I became a trainee. It was only because of my members that I made it here, so I completely understand you. If anyone ever bothers you, you need anything or just want someone to talk to, you can always contact me. I will give you my phone number if you want.

Jahoon: Thank you sunbaenim-

San: Please. Just call me San oppa. You can think of me as your own big brother if you want.

Jahoon: Alright San oppa.

San sunbaenim smiled at me and patted me on my head after asking me for permission. Normally I would always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter