Chapter 4. Debut

Protective unnies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today was D-day. Today was the day that everyone has waited for. It was the day of our debut. Everyone was awake and preparing themselves and for me... well I did sleep but not enough because of how nervous and excited I am right now. I finished before everyone else because I usually pack light wherever I am going, so I just decided to go to the kitchen and make us all some breakfast. We would need all of the energy we can get today. As I was about to finish cooking, I heard someone entering the kitchen.

Liz: Wow! It smells good, Hoonie~ what are you making? I didn't know that you could cook.

Jiwon unnie came from behind me and hugged me while I was standing at the stove. I turned my head to see her smile at me.

Jahoon: It is nothing much really, unnie. Since it is our debut today and we are going to perform a lot, I just want to make sure that we are all well-fed so we have the energy to perform. I don't want anyone to suddenly collapse.

Liz: Awww~ you are so sweet, Hoonie. It is hard not to fall in love with you.

Jahoon: I know that. Could you please go and grab the other unnies, so we can eat before manager oppa arrives?

I winked at Jiwon unnie making her, giggle. She nodded and took off to call the others to the room where we sat and ate. During the whole meal, the girls kept complimenting me about how good my cooking was making me feel happy. It was a good start to a good day. Right as soon as we finished, our manager came and we all drove off to the salon to get our hair and makeup done but perhaps because I didn't sleep much last night and because I just ate, I slowly began falling asleep before actually doing it in the end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Gaeul's POV*

I was sitting in the chair while getting my makeup done when I noticed our baby Hoonie sleeping in the chair beside me. One of our stylists had to hold her head up so that they could finish their work. Every time they let go of her head it would hang down. I didn't notice that I was smiling like a fool until my makeup artist told me.

Makeup artist: You really seem to adore her. I'm sorry but you are kind of smiling like a fool right now. Kind of the way that a parent will with their child.

Gaeul: It is hard not when she looks cute like that when sleeping. I kind of feel sorry for her though. She has been working so hard lately and has always been so harsh on herself whenever she makes the tiniest mistake. She is still a small child. She should be available to make mistakes but unfortunately, it is how it is working when being in this industry. I wish I could just take away all of her worries and burdens so she could live carefreely.

Makeup artist: You are such a great unnie to her, Gaeul. She is lucky to have someone like you.

Gaeul: More like I'm lucky to have her.

I turned to look at Jahoon to see her slowly stirred awake after being woken up by our makeup and hair artists as they finished with their work. They quickly stopped her when she was about to Rob her eyes, which is one of her cute habits whenever she wakes up. I didn't notice that I was staring at her until she poked me to get my attention. This was the second time this is happening. Seems like I'm whipped for her.

Jahoon: Earth to Gaeul unnie. Earth to Gaeul unnie. Is anyone there?

Gaeul: Huh? What is it, baby bear?

Jahoon: Why are you staring at me like that unnie?

Gaeul: Nothing. Just immersed by how beautiful you are looking right now.

Jahoon: So you are saying that I don't look good without makeup and only with makeup?

Jahoon looked at me with a straight face, kind of like she was hurt by my comment. I panicked a bit and waved my hands in front of me.

Gaeul: I didn't mean it like that! I-

Jahoon: I know unnie. I'm just joking with you.

Jahoon looked at me with a cheeky smirk on her face. I hissed at her and reached over to slap her on her shoulder but she quickly moved out of my way and left while laughing. I leaned back in my chair and pouted. Sometimes I wonder why I care so much about her but on the other hand, what is there not to like about her?

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Jahoon's POV*

I quickly ran away from Gaeul unnie and bumped into Rei unnie, who looked at me with a skeptical look on her face.

Rei: What have you done now?

I told Rei unnie what had just happened with the biggest proud smile on my face. We both ended up laughing, making the people around us wonder what was so funny. The other girls finished up a few minutes later and we all hopped into the van and drove off to our first performance stage ever as a group.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I peeked from behind the curtains

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter