Noriko's Date

Lovelost Elegy

©Team AiMai

AmeDrops X KuronekoBurijio

Lovelost Elegy

Disclaimer: We do not own Hey! Say! JUMP or Johnny & Associates. All events are entirely fictional.

Lovelost Elegy Chapter 35: Noriko’s Date

Noriko stood alone by the veranda as the cold wind swept by. The girl kept thinking of the same cheesy smile, the acrid humour, the idiotic face. A miracle, the girl was probably thinking about her vice president: Yaotome Hikaru. Hihara Noriko reminisced the time when they would both hurt each other when they were kids, the time when she threw the younger, but still fatter Burichan inside his room, then howls would be heard. The time when they didn’t really mind when they had sleepovers on the same futon. 

“Ugh! God, why him?!?” Noriko shook off the thoughts.

Her leisure was interrupted when Hikaru suddenly popped in and joined her in the veranda. He looked at the trees swaying and enjoyed the breeze. Noriko slightly blushed.

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

“Noriko.” He said gently.

Noriko blushed when she heard her say his first name kindly.

“What d-do y-you need?” She stuttered.

“This is bad. This idiot never called me by my first name!” She exclaimed to herself, her eyes twitching.

“I would just like to ask if you would agree to be my date during the masquerade.” Hikaru said with a serious tone.

Noriko was taken aback by his words. He was not looking at her yet she felt the gravity on his words. She wanted to say yes.

“Eh? Why me? What about those Bi—Girls yesterday?” She asked curiously.

“I have my reasons.” Hikaru answered without looking at her.

“Hmph, you and your silly excuses.” Noriko muttered, crossing her arms.

“I’ll tell you at the masquerade if you would be my date.” He said with a smile.

Noriko frowned. But deep inside, fireworks were popping inside her heart.

“I’ll be your date but you must promise to tell me the reasons.” She said calmly.

Hikaru nodded and smiled warmly at her.

“... Why is he smiling like that?” She blushed.

They stayed there watching the birds fly and trees sway with the wind.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Noriko entered the council room, where Fumiko was the only one there, and a mountain of papers. She was twirling, muttering, sliding, and pulling her hair. Fumiko raised her eyebrows.

“Nori-chan, is there something wrong?” Fumiko asked with a worried tone.

Noriko looked at her friend and sighed.

“Hikaru asked me to be his date for the masquerade.” She said.

“Did you say yes?” Fumiko asked curiously.

Noriko nodded. Fumiko smiled.

“Then what’s distracting you?” She asked.

“I’m not sure.” Noriko answered with a puzzled expression.

“Why don’t you just sit down? You’re making me dizzy. Don’t stress yourself.” Fumiko reminded her.

Noriko sighed.

“... Why am I distracted like this?” She asked herself.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

“I already asked her.” Hikaru said while sitting down on the couch.

“And did she say yes?” Reiko asked with a curious tone.

“She said yes.” Hikaru answered which made Reiko clap her hands.

“Isn’t that great? It means that our Yaotome blood is great.” Reiko chimed in.

Hikaru raised his eyebrows at what his cousin said to him.

“What the hell was that suppose to mean, brat?” He asked.

“Don’t mind.” Reiko answered.

“We’re going to her house later, right?” She asked.

“House? Why?” Hikaru asked with a confused tone.

Reiko frowned at him and hit his head.

“Did you forget?” Reiko asked.

Hikaru gave her one last look, and remembered.

“The grand opening of the Hihara’s Ikebana school!” They said in unison as they dashed to find clothes.

“ This is bad, cuzzin! I don’t think you have a proper attire to wear! Wait, lemme get uncle’s tux” Reiko ran across the room. Hikaru grabbed her by her shirt.

“Hey! I don’t need to wear a tux, for crying out loud! All I need are slacks and a dress shirt and I’m good to go!” Hikaru opened the cabinet and finally got what he needed.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Hikaru was really nervous. They were now inside the mansion of Noriko’s family. Its appearance today was different from what he remembered before.

“... They must be renovating every year like us.” He thought to himself.

He was leaning his back on the wall with his friends when a woman in her kimono tapped his shoulders.

“You’re Hikaru-kun, right?” The woman asked with a smile.

He nodded. He greeted Noriko’s mother.

“Long time no see. You’re so tall already and handsome too.” She said while scrutinizing Hikaru.

“Thank you, Auntie.” He said shyly.

“How are you and Noriko?” She asked.

Her question made his face contort with a confused one. He was too stunned to speak. The lady smiled at him.

“We would be very happy if you would be the one who will be with our only daughter.” She tapped his shoulders and went to greet the other guests. Hikaru stared at her back. He’s blushing already.

“... I already got their approval?” He thought. He didn’t notice that Noriko was already standing beside him.

“What did my mother say to you?” She asked.

Hikaru was startled when he heard Noriko’s voice. He looked at her and saw that she was also wearing a bright red Kimono. The strict expression, however, was still etched on her face.

“... She’s really beautiful.” He thought.

“Aren’t you going to answer my question?” Noriko asked with an impatient tone.

“She just greeted me.” He answered, still in a daze.

“She didn’t tell anything strange?” She whispered.

Hikaru shook his head, paralyzed when he noticed that Noriko’s face and his are only inches away from a perfect kiss. The girl, however, was expecting an answer.

“... Don’t do this to me, Noriko.” He shouted inside his mind.

To be continued~