New Day

SHINee Comeback
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright & sunny day at Sparks hotel. Not like how it used to be, filled with rain & under clouds.

On the table right next to the bed, stood a picture frame of Mika & the SHINee guys when they last met nine months ago.
The clock, which was right next to the photo frame, hit exactly at 8:30pm.

With Mika’s eyes opened with brightness, she quickly got jumped out of bed as her mp3 player rang with the clock to her favorite SHINee song Replay.

Mika freshened up her face & walked over to her closet to pick out her outfit of the day.

It has been exactly nine months that Mika haven’t seen the guys as they went back to Korea, but promising to be back to see their dongsaeng.
A lot has changed, especially with Mika.

She wasn’t the hard tomboy type Key always about anymore.

Over half a year, Mika finally became the independent girl she has always been, as she let go her roughness & settled for a sweeter look.
Her always ‘smooth & straight’ black hair, but different type of clothing. Mika has exchanged her loose boy t shirts, for a simpler, colorful top.

Mika decided to wear a blue tank top that says ‘I love you’ & a white cardigan to match. Mika grabbed her denim skirt from her closet. As always, she would never forget the necklace Taemin gave her for her birthday.

For the hair, Mika just removed the hair tie from her hair that was tied up in a messy bun throughout the night, & just let loose, having some natural waves in her hair. Mika just scrunched her hair up & brushed it & she was done.




“Claudia, I’m going to work” said Mika as she put on her black boots.

“Ok, have fun” said Claudia.

“Fun? Claudia, its work” Mika reminded her.

“Yea, yea…” Claudia seemed to be paying more attention to the TV than her words.

“What are you watching?” Mika asked.

“The cooking channel. I’m trying to cook lasagna for tonight” said Claudia.

Mika watched for a second, then came the advertisement in between the breaks.

“Who’s that?” Mika asked pointing at a group of three boys in the commercial.

“Oh, that’s Dark Viper” said Claudia.

“Who?” Mika asked.

“They’re the new group that just came out. They’re kinda like SHINee” explained Claudia.

“Oh,” Mika exclaimed.

“Hey, did the guys write anything to you?” Claudia asked.

“So far, no” said Mika.

“They must be busy with concerts & everything" said Claudia.

“Yea… last email, they sent a picture of them with Roo” said Mika.

“Roo?” Claudia asked.

“Jonghyun’s dog” said Mika.

“Oh yea, now I remember” said Claudia.

“Well, I better get going” said Mika as she grabbed her plaid sling bag.

“Have fun” Claudia said again.

“What’s fun about serving as a waitress at a café?” Mika asked herself as she headed out.





As usual, Mika would grab the bus like everyday to work.

“Morning Mika!” Jessie, one of the other waitresses greeted her as she entered the café.

“Morning Jessie!” Mika said.

“Early & punctual as usual huh?” Jessie joked.

Mika smiled as she put her bag at the back of the café.

“So where’s Nick?” Jessie asked.

“Why are you asking me? I just came here” Mika said.

“You should know your own boyfriend better” Jessie teased.

“He’s not my boyfriend” Mika assured.

“Oh come on. It’s obvious he likes you” said Jessie.

“Yea, so?” Mika replied.

“Don’t tell me you don’t like him? He’s like the most amazing guy ever” Jessie told her.

“His popular & so many girls like him. But, he likes ‘you’” Jessie pointed out.

“I guess you’re right. But…” Jessie quickly interrupted Mika.

“But? What?” Jessie asked.

“I guess I’m just not that into him” said Mik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter